I Hate this Commercial

joec

Gold Site Supporter
I've never seen this commercial before but it is a bit of what I would call grating. The one I really find offensive is for the jobs for only people worth 100K of more. Now that flat pisses me off. The other one is with Sally Fields saying her girl friend is to busy to take a pill every day but once a month is perfect for her busy schedule. Damn how tough it to swallow a pill with some form of liquid in the course of a day, if that is tough then who cares you will die of thirst pretty quick anyhow.

Deadly Sushi

Formerly The Giant Mojito
I've never seen this commercial before but it is a bit of what I would call grating. The one I really find offensive is for the jobs for only people worth 100K of more. Now that flat pisses me off. The other one is with Sally Fields saying her girl friend is to busy to take a pill every day but once a month is perfect for her busy schedule. Damn how tough it to swallow a pill with some form of liquid in the course of a day, if that is tough then who cares you will die of thirst pretty quick anyhow.

I completely agree with THAT! But Im not familiar with that commercial regarding that 100K thing. Can you find it?

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Now that is funny, I think cavemen have been extinct for a while now. I also think that was the point. I might add they even based a TV show though it didn't last long on the premise of those commercials.

I loved the Taco Bell commercials too with the Chihuahua but that offended the Mexicans which goes to prove some people would be offended regardless.

Deadly Sushi

Formerly The Giant Mojito
The caveman commercials offend me because they make light of real issues of prejudice.

Well the 1st one to me was entertaining, but after that I thought they were pure crap.

Joec, yeah thats condescending how that put it. "the REAL talent". It was enought to tick ME off. I know quite a few folks that make that and above and they dont do shit on the job. They always want to go out at anytime of the day to get something to eat and suck down liquer on a WORK DAY! Then after "work" they go to a bar and drink or go to a strip bar.

PanchoHambre

oh those cavemen were wretched

anybody remember this guy
crazyeddie.gif

not sure if it was just a regional thing

joec

Gold Site Supporter
I would feel different if it was real existing people just don't feel bad about cavemen. :sorry:

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
The car commercial- I think it's Cadillac- that uses the "Ground Control to Major Tom" song ..........what were they thinking ?? Don't they know that Major Tom does not survive the ride ??
Go figger !!
Yeah !! Crazy Eddie !
His prices were "INSANE"..........(that's radio DJ jerry Carrol in the picture-he did the commercials) yep ...indicted for fraud, fled to Israel, was returned to the USA.
In April 1994, Eddie Antar was sentenced to 12½ years in prison for racketeering and stock fraud. Antar's lawyers immediately filed an appeal, citing what they believed was bias on the part of the presiding judge. In April 1995, the verdicts against Eddie were overturned by a Federal appeals panel. Antar eventually pled guilty to Federal fraud charges in May 1996. In February 1997, he was sentenced to eight years in jail.

Last edited:

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
Maybe they should have used Rocket Man??

I really like the song, but uh yea not good for a Cadillac commercial unless they are planning to show you it hitting a wall and exploding at the end...

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
I just can't STAND the AARP commercial that tries to sell you insurance.....
"Let me tell you about a very important phone call I made........ when I got my medicare card, I realized that I needed an AARP supplemental Insurance card too......."
etc.

It's like she's talking to a four-year-old......... never mentions WHY she "realized", never mentions what "ALL My Questions" were..........

and when the other guy informs you that this is the only plan "endorsed" by AARP, while in fine print at the bottom, very quickly, it tells you that the insurance provider pays AARP for the privelege...... well, the whole concept makes me wanna............:yuk:

High Cheese

Saucier
I don't like medication commercials that don't say what the F the drug is for! All the commercial is is someone walking on the beach or a park and the narrator say see your doctor about xxxx pill.
blah.gif

wtf.gif
"What's it FOR?!?"

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
I understand that the European union forbids Drug advertising..... They reason that this is something that should remain a Dr. / Patient conversation, with no outside egging-on...........

buckytom

Grill Master
i can't stand the commercial for the sauceless hot wings, i think from kfc.

it's the one with a group of 20 somethings are standing around eating wings, and the girl says "wow, i didn't see that coming!"

oh really? is it that much of a freakin surprise? is your life so shallow and vapid that eating a slightly spicy breaded and fried wing gets you excited?

grrrrrrrr.