I found the perfect faucet for my vintage sink!

leolady

I am going to be installing this old sink in my kitchen in the next year.

KITCHENSINK2400x212.jpg

And now I have found the perfect faucet for it!

dishmaster55.jpg

dishmaster.jpg

I'm gonna get the 10 inch faucet length and the 48 inch spray brush head. Isn't it RETRO Cool?
progress.gif

I would love to change out my faucets/fixtures - but for something new & updated. Priced a few kitchen faucets/fixtures & the prices are sky high - like $200 & up. Don't even want to think about what my plumber would charge me for installation. Do you do it yourself? Good luck. Can't wait to see the new pics.

leolady

Nope, I'm gonna hire a pro in the area who is reasonable. I can't plug in an lamp without help!

I figure I am saving money by waiting to install the sink, faucet, and under counter water filter at the same time.

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
CC - check on ebay and IKEA for a new faucet. If you aren't in desperate need, you can wait till you find an amazing bargain. (And you will!)

LL - my grandma had a faucet very similar to the one you got! It will look grand with that sink. Congrats on your find!

If you are feeling adventurous, look for videos on how to install a new faucet. There are hundreds of them and I actually have fixed a couple of leaks and installed a new faucet and garbage disposals - all by watching videos! I am terrified of plumbing and electricity, but I did it. Watch some for grins - you might want to give it a try.

SilverSage

Resident Crone
I've put in a dozen or so new faucets over the years. It's really not that hard, if you follow the directions (I can just hear the guys saying "directions?")

It's actually harder to remove the old parts than to out the new ones in.

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
That was my experience, too, SS. And if you break the pipes connecting to the ones you want to replace, it can be an adventure. Liquid wrench has been very helpful to me.

rickismom

Low Carb Home Cook
Site Supporter
I would love to replace my kitchen sink and faucet! My sink is white enamel which takes forever to keep clean. My faucet whistles and squeeks every time the hot water comes on. Ugh! lol Me thinks it's time to invest in a lottery ticket, lol :smile:

Shermie

Site Supporter
I am going to be installing this old sink in my kitchen in the next year.

KITCHENSINK2400x212.jpg

And now I have found the perfect faucet for it!

dishmaster55.jpg

dishmaster.jpg

I'm gonna get the 10 inch faucet length and the 48 inch spray brush head. Isn't it RETRO Cool?

progress.gif

Leolady, that sink looks brand new, like it was refinished. Has it been?

Anyway, great finds!! :clap:

High Cheese

Saucier
I would love to change out my faucets/fixtures - but for something new & updated. Priced a few kitchen faucets/fixtures & the prices are sky high - like $200 & up. Don't even want to think about what my plumber would charge me for installation. Do you do it yourself? Good luck. Can't wait to see the new pics.

Check out Lowe's or Home Depot. I bought one of those goose neck faucets for like $80. It's nothing fancy, but it looks nice and sleek.

I've put in a dozen or so new faucets over the years. It's really not that hard, if you follow the directions (I can just hear the guys saying "directions?")

It's actually harder to remove the old parts than to out the new ones in.

Exactly!

leolady

Leolady, that sink looks brand new, like it was refinished. Has it been?

Anyway, great finds!! :clap:

Nope, it is just in fantastic shape! I was helping a church with their renovations as a volunteer [actually I did construction cleanup and sweeping since I didn't know enough to help actually build anything]. They just gave it to me!

They also gave me a 1950's Montgomery Ward refrigerator with the rounded top design.

Another church who was renovating gave me a 1940s white Chambers 41C gas range in good shape!

PanchoHambre

Love it Leo. Those old double sinks with the drainboards are awesome. I love mine. Whoever decided that a 3" deep basin with a gunk collecting lip was a good idea must have also invented the supermarket tomato.

bigjim

Mess Cook
Super Site Supporter
Just redone my kitchen, faucet $229, sink $279, plumber to connect it all + run gas line - $600.

And that was the cheap guy.