Computers!

RobsanX

Potato peeler
Super Site Supporter
My hard drive crashed, but I've got it fixed now. Don't know how much I'll be on until I get all my backups restored...

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
My hard drive crashed, but I've got it fixed now. Don't know how much I'll be on until I get all my backups restored...
Good to hear you HAVE backups. :thumb: It shouldn't take you to long to restore. Some software will need reinstalled. For that you'll most likely need the CD.

Cooksie

Site Supporter

Good luck on that. I had an ID10T error this morning. It had something to do with battery installation in my mouse :sad:.

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
I finally gave up on fixing DW's HP laptop and am going to just sell it for parts, a couple of days ago I got her a new Toshiba for $329.99 and had the foresight this time to purchase the 'everything' warranty for it. Now no matter what happens they fix or replace it for free!

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
I finally gave up on fixing DW's HP laptop and am going to just sell it for parts, a couple of days ago I got her a new Toshiba for $329.99 and had the foresight this time to purchase the 'everything' warranty for it. Now no matter what happens they fix or replace it for free!

i need parts Mav..lol

whats wrong with ur DW's laptop... what model is it? questions questions..lol

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
i need parts Mav..lol

whats wrong with ur DW's laptop... what model is it? questions questions..lol

It is a HP DV9000 fully loaded. I'm gonna miss that computer, LOL. It has three problems, which really aren't that big of a deal but I just got tired of dealing with it and dealing with HP (can't get a hold of the parts needed):

Both lid hinges are broken, this makes the screen wobbly and also effects the shut off switch (makes the screen turn off when you close the lid) so as a result the screen keeps switching off. The broken pieces are internal, so it's not like the lid comes off or anything dramatic like that.

The touch pad stopped working. Could be the touch pad, could be the connector on the motherboard, I couldn't determine which.

I had to prop the back of it up as it kept overheating even on a smooth hard surface and that solved the problem for now. I cleaned the fan but I am thinking a new one would solve the problem for good.

Everything else is in good working order. If you look up the HP DV9000 on Ebay you can see what it is. Mine had a dual core processor, 2GB memory, dual 100gb hard drives, DVD-RW, built in web cam, nice sound, wifi card, and remote control expansion card (so you can sit back and play media on the computer from your chair). It has Windows Media Center Edition loaded up on it.

RobsanX

Potato peeler
Super Site Supporter
Good to hear you HAVE backups. :thumb:

LOL! Actually I didn't... :whistling:

With great luck, I found a utility that let me clone my hard drive to a USB hard drive. Of course the last one of about 6 different utilities was the only one that worked...