Perfect Tortilla Pan - As Seen on TV

Cooksie

Site Supporter
This is a pretty cool little gadget. You get four of the non-stick tortilla pans for about $10.

I was using the La Abuela Burrito Size Ready to Cook tortillas. The directions said to just press the tortilla down into the pan. I used one of the pans to do the pressing, worked great.

PerfectTortillaPan1.jpg

PerfectTortillaPan2.jpg

Baked for 7 to nine minutes at 400:

PerfectTortillaPan3.jpg

Filled and ready to eat:

TacoSaladPerfectTortillaPan.jpg

There was a small learning curve. The first one, pictured below, didn't get pricked with a fork. When it started to puff up leaving no room for the salad, I tried to poke the puffs, but it was too late by then. The second one, pictured above, got pricked all over and worked very well.

Fail:

FailedPerfectTortillaPan.jpg

Shermie

Site Supporter
I've seen that on TV.

Nice, but I don't like their way of selling them to the consumers!

First they force you to buy 2 sets, and then they throw in some other cheap and flimsy gizmo to try to sweeten up the pot, and then they want additional money for separate processing & handling, claiming that the 2nd set is for free!!

it is not for free if you have to pay for separate processing & handling!!

What a ripoff!! I wait for it to come to the stores. That way, there's no separate processing & handling, and I can return it right away for a refund if I don't like it. :sad:

Last edited:

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
What a beautiful way to present one of my favorite dinner salads, Cooksie!

Lee

Jim_S

Resident Curmudgeon
Gold Site Supporter
Thanks for the idea!

I searched for "as seen on tv tortilla pan" and found several places online selling them. I ordered a set of 4 from Walmart for $10.88 plus shipping.

Jim

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Thanks for the idea!

I searched for "as seen on tv tortilla pan" and found several places online selling them. I ordered a set of 4 from Walmart for $10.88 plus shipping.

Jim
Yep! The actual "useful" items will end up in Wally World or the big drug store chains for the same or lower price. I'm with Sherm, and would never pay "separate shipping & handling," because it's a sucker bet to cover the cost of the second item. But you know, there's a sucker born every day, and the longer they advertise, the more sales they are making. i gotta get in on that kind of gig. :yum:

I'm down on my luck. Please send me $1 in an envelope and I'll be forever grateful for your generosity (larger donations & checks or money orders also accepted).

Last edited:

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I bought mine at Wal-Mart knowing that I could take it back if I didn't like it. When I picked it up and was looking at it, I was thinking to myself....suckerrr :mrgreen:. I'm a happy sucker though. I like the ready to cook tortillas, and it works well for me using those.

I agree with Sherman about the ASOTV deceptive tactics. I would never order anything from them. If you go read at Pissed Consumer, they have a lot of pissed consumers. One way they screw you is when you order something, they don't let you preview your order. Instead, it takes you directly to "your order is being processed," and you don't know what kind of charge will show up on your card.

I hope you like yours, Jim. Let me know if you come up with any new ideas for fillings.

chocolate moose

Super Site Supporter
you can also bake dough on the bottom of a muffin pan to get a shape for salad. i think it's cute for a party and it'd be super to be able to borrow those forms, but not to own them and have to store them - and to think of where they are, when I wanted them!

Calicolady

I found 2 ways to make them somewhere here on the web some time ago.
1. for 4 full size taco bowls: invert a 12 cupcake/muffin tin. Place the tortilla between 4 of the inverted "domes". Press into shape and bake 7-8 minutes You can fit 4 on a 12 piece tin.
2. for mini size taco bowls: invert a 6 cupcake/muffin tin. Place tortilla over each
"dome and shape around the "dome". To shape more securely, lower another inverted 6 cupcake/muffin form over the tortilla and lightly press it down over the tortilla to press firm into shape. Remove the 2nd/top tin and bake as you would in #1.
I'm all into multi-purposing gadgets and such. :thumb:

lifesaver91958

Queen of the Jungle
Gold Site Supporter
1. for 4 full size taco bowls: invert a 12 cupcake/muffin tin. Place the tortilla between 4 of the inverted "domes". Press into shape and bake 7-8 minutes You can fit 4 on a 12 piece tin.
2. for mini size taco bowls: invert a 6 cupcake/muffin tin. Place tortilla over each
"dome and shape around the "dome". To shape more securely, lower another inverted 6 cupcake/muffin form over the tortilla and lightly press it down over the tortilla to press firm into shape. Remove the 2nd/top tin and bake as you would in #1.

Me too! :)

Cooksie

Site Supporter

I've never been one to buy a lot of gadgets either. I must have been having a weak moment :blush:.

I think the muffin tin would work great too. If you don't have a muffin tin, you could just use an oven-proof bowl, flip it over, spray it with a little oil, form the tortilla over the bowl and bake.

Shermie

Site Supporter
I've never been one to buy a lot of gadgets either. I must have been having a weak moment :blush:.

I think the muffin tin would work great too. If you don't have a muffin tin, you could just use an oven-proof bowl, flip it over, spray it with a little oil, form the tortilla over the bowl and bake.

I HAVE gadgets, but they are quality ones.

Not trying to say that THIS one isn't, but I get them from very reliable resources.

I was burnt many times by those money-grubbing commercials on TV, so I don't buy anything from them, even though several years ago, I bought the Thane Halogen Convection Oven, which still works!

Even though the Tortilla bowls may be very sturdy, and they DO look sturdy, I just don't like the greedy promotional & selling tactics that those co's use to bait and sucker innocent consumers into buying their products! The added expense comes from and through their so-called "necessary separate processing & handling" gags.

When those aggravating ASOTV crap commercials come on, I either mute the sound or change the channel. That is how much I hate those types of commercials. :eating2:

Last edited:

Shermie

Site Supporter
You probably can find a set at a Bed Bath & Beyond store.

Chances are, there is one near you.

I've gotten pretty much ALL of my kitchen gadgets from there, including some small appliances.

They have just about everything there, especially the Oxo products which I happen to like very much!! :eating2:

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Did another tortilla bowl, this time with chicken chili. I didn't have any iceberg, so I had to use leaf lettuce which doesn't work as well.

ChickenChiliTortillaBowl.jpg

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I'm getting my money's worth out of this little gadget. Had some leftover fajita meat, so....fajita taco salad:

FajitaTacoSalad.jpg

LADawg

WE have a large (over 100 stores) Tanger Mall here in Foley, AL. There are about 3 cooking stores there and one of them had these Taco Salad pans. I bought a couple of them several months ago.
They work well enough, but the only problem is that my wife likes her Taco Salad bowls fried rather that baked. There are a couple of restaurants here that offer Taco Salads on there menus and we go there for Taco Salads most of the time.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
WE have a large (over 100 stores) Tanger Mall here in Foley, AL. There are about 3 cooking stores there and one of them had these Taco Salad pans. I bought a couple of them several months ago.
They work well enough, but the only problem is that my wife likes her Taco Salad bowls fried rather that baked. There are a couple of restaurants here that offer Taco Salads on there menus and we go there for Taco Salads most of the time.

Yeah, fried are better. These do come out crispy, but they're just not the same as fried, little healthier though.

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
one can fry . . . (g)

http://www.webstaurantstore.com/taco-salad-bowl-frying-basket/407TSBB80.html
http://www.webstaurantstore.com/tac...=Bing&utm_medium=CPC&utm_campaign=Product_Ads
http://www.wasserstrom.com/restaurant-supplies-equipment/Product_360410?utm_source=um&utm_medium=cpc&kwid=bingproductads-plaid^15425935211-sku^360410@ADL10BMC-adType^PLA-device^c-adid^5516750414
[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Norpro-102-Tortilla-Fryer-Basket/dp/B00004UE8I[/ame]
http://www.sears.com/norpro-tortill...-SPM3294020701?prdNo=1&blockNo=1&blockType=G1

?? no ruffles....
https://www.preparedpantry.com/tortilla-fry-basket.aspx