Saturday, 5/14/2011, Whats cooking?

Guts

How I wish you were closer... I make the cakes, but I don't eat them.
I could use more practice, I find them not so perfect, OK... but not perfect :)

I wish I did live closer. When I make pies (pizza) I usually make an extra for my neighbors and they retaliate with the Mexican food. There from Guadalajara, Mexico, and make traditional Mexican food simple but very tasty. Extras and leftovers are great way to make good neighbors.

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
I just picked about 2 dozen tomatoes from the garden so we're having bruschetta and mussels fra diavalo.

We're drinking sazeracs, too...in case you were wondering:drink2:

GotGarlic

Our local Greek Orthodox Church had their annual Greekfest tonight, so we went there for dinner. Greek salads, lamb souvlaki for DH, pork souvlaki for me, green beans with tomatoes, spanakopita and rice. Fresh loukoumades for dessert. Delish.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Happy Birthday to your DH Leni!

Cuisi...that cake is beautiful...I really don't know how you could make it any more perfect! :clap: Would you care to share the recipe when you have time?

Nancy...now you have me wanting steak and baked sweet potatoes...I think that will be on the menu this week!

Peepers...I don't think your family realizes just how special they are...You can't ask for a dinner better than that.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Happy Birthday to your DH Leni!

Cuisi...that cake is beautiful...I really don't know how you could make it any more perfect! :clap: Would you care to share the recipe when you have time?

Nancy...now you have me wanting steak and baked sweet potatoes...I think that will be on the menu this week!

Peepers...I don't think your family realizes just how special they are...You can't ask for a dinner better than that.
Thank you Mama!

Phiddlechik

spent the day buying a new car... went for a drive up the mountain, then hit Micky D's on the way home, had a big mac. Now having a rootbeer float

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
'kay, i'm leaving. getting food. if they're selling it @ this hour.
after i fix my lipstick, re-apply several coats of mascara, fix my eyeshadow if i see fit, change my outfit, try on many pairs of foot-gear, & decide if i wanna wear my specs. i mean, they're tinted, & it's dark so should i risk little vision in a tinted manner, or blurry vision? maybe i should put in amethyst eyes for tonite. hm. & choose if i should take an umbrella. i mean, it's kinda storming & that. hm, maybe a hoodie would be better, huh, lol!~
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, getting dinner is so complex sometimes!~

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
'kay, i'm leaving. getting food. if they're selling it @ this hour.
after i fix my lipstick, re-apply several coats of mascara, fix my eyeshadow if i see fit, change my outfit, try on many pairs of foot-gear, & decide if i wanna wear my specs. i mean, they're tinted, & it's dark so should i risk little vision in a tinted manner, or blurry vision? maybe i should put in amethyst eyes for tonite. hm. & choose if i should take an umbrella. i mean, it's kinda storming & that. hm, maybe a hoodie would be better, huh, lol!~
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, getting dinner is so complex sometimes!~
ROTFL!! So true. :blob_blue: Enjoy!! If it's stormin' wear the wellys you got the liners?

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
ROTFL!! So true. :blob_blue: Enjoy!! If it's stormin' wear the wellys you got the liners?
i did venture there, wore my specs, scuttled along when it 'twas storming, & the welly's, they ain't got liners. i love those boots, though. need many pairs of rainboots hereabouts, hehe!~

buckytom

Grill Master
happy birthday mr. leni!!!

we had a really great day today. since mother's day didn't come off as planned last sunday, i nixed sleep when i got home from work this morning and took dw and the boy shopping at the crossings outlet mall in the poconos.

my boy and i had fun while dw shopped. i did my best to keep him out of her hair and was on constant whine prevention (from both of us, lol.)

the funniest part was when dw had spent a long time trying on shoes in nine west, and we eventually braved the maddening crowd of women to go find her. when we searched the entire store with no luck, i commented to my boy, "uh oh. i think they ate mommy. women can get crazy during a big sale, and cannibalism isn't out of the ordinary in such cases..."

a salesgirl standing nearby broke into a belly laugh, but a few ladies she was helping just glared at me with bared, glistening fangs. lol.
we found mommy across the way in another shoe store, bloodied but ok.

he hee.

after a FULL day of shopping, we went to a newly opened bbq place called "big daddy's bbq".

it was outstanding!!! the portions were huge, the food tasty, the prices reasonsble, and the service excellent. we found our new regular restaurant to go to when visiting the poconos.

we started with the best french onion soup i've ever had in my life, then giant, crispy salads.

then dw had the bbq chicken, my boy had the pulled pork sammie and fries, and i had the st. louis ribs and bbq brisket combo. everything was fantastic as we all tasted each of each others meals.
sides were cloeslaw (pretty good), baked beans loaded with bacon (delicious), and sweet cornbread (perfect).

about the only thing they got wrong was that they called the sweet cornbread southern style.

if that's all that's wrong with a restaurant, then you've got yourself a hit!

on top of all of this, the owner and two managers came by the table at different times to ask how we were enjoying our meals, and to chat about where we were from, and so on. i was impressed with that level of service, as i was with the hustle and friendliness of our waitress.

as we were leaving, dw asked me if i thought it was too far to travel if she asked me to get take out one night in the near future. lol, it's over an hour away.

i said, of course not", lol.

we came home, watched hockey, and my boy drifted off to sleep. dw got a foot rub, then did the same.

it was a good 2nd mother's day.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
i did venture there, wore my specs, scuttled along when it 'twas storming, & the welly's, they ain't got liners. i love those boots, though. need many pairs of rainboots hereabouts, hehe!~
You should get the liners. When I worked for the shoe store we couldn't keep enough in stock they sold so quick!!

I have 1 pair of rubber rainboots. Jeffery Cambells pink with purple polks dots!! LOL

Nancy-MD

Why is everyone saying that about my cakes?
I go to the party and they say "you cut it"... why, it is not my day :ermm:

Nancy, have the biggest slice you like, I'll let you pick extra strawberries, even though is packed with the fruit.

How I wish you were closer... I make the cakes, but I don't eat them.
I could use more practice, I find them not so perfect, OK... but not perfect :)

My goodness, you are much too hard on yourself! That cake is way more than just OK, it really is beautiful!

I can just imagine how delicious it must taste. I'd love to have the recipe if you wouldn't mind sharing.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter

we had a really great day today. since mother's day didn't come off as planned last sunday, i nixed sleep when i got home from work this morning and took dw and the boy shopping at the crossings outlet mall in the poconos.

my boy and i had fun while dw shopped. i did my best to keep him out of her hair and was on constant whine prevention (from both of us, lol.)

the funniest part was when dw had spent a long time trying on shoes in nine west, and we eventually braved the maddening crowd of women to go find her. when we searched the entire store with no luck, i commented to my boy, "uh oh. i think they ate mommy. women can get crazy during a big sale, and cannibalism isn't out of the ordinary in such cases..."

a salesgirl standing nearby broke into a belly laugh, but a few ladies she was helping just glared at me with bared, glistening fangs. lol.

he hee.

after a FULL day of shopping, we went to a newly opened bbq place called "big daddy's bbq".

it was outstanding!!! the portions were huge, the food tasty, the prices reasonsble, and the service excellent. we found our new regular restaurant to go to when visiting the poconos.

we started with the best french onion soup i've ever had in my life, then giant, crispy salads.

then dw had the bbq chicken, my boy had the pulled pork sammie and fries, and i had the st. louis ribs and bbq brisket combo. everything was fantastic as we all tasted each of each others meals.
sides were cloeslaw (pretty good), baked beans loaded with bacon (delicious), and sweet cornbread (perfect).

about the only thing they got wrong was that they called the sweet cornbread southern style.

on top of all of this, the owner and two managers came by the table at different times to ask how we were enjoying our meals, and to chat about where we were from, and so on. i was impressed with that level of service, as i was with the hustle and friendliness of our waitress.

as we were leaving, dw asked me if i thought it was too far to travel if she asked me to get take out one night in the near future. lol, it's over an hour away.

we came home, watched hockey, and my boy drifted off to sleep. dw got a foot rub, then did the same.

I have been to that mall. Thats by Scotsrun right? Glad you had a good time buckky

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter

he hee.

brave guys, braving shoe-shopping & women. brave fellows. lol. good job!

K

Kimchee

Did a brisket and Rio Bravo Balls....

Attachments

• BrisketBallsCooking.jpg
    BrisketBallsCooking.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 56