Complete Knife Skills

Ian M.

This is excellent - one of the best I've ever seen. I'm joining the class and really look forward to getting into it.

thanks, Ian M. :applause:

rocket_j_dawg

Well, I finished my knife course. I thought it was pretty cool and learned a lot. The sharpening was especially useful. How did you guys do?

Ian M.

Hiya - Haven't taken the class as yet - we have out-of-town company this week, so really wanted to wait until the first of next week when I can focus fully on them. I'm really excited to take the classes, however. My knife skills to date need some serious boning up on, that's for sure, before I amputate my finger!

Ian M. :blob_blue:

joec

Gold Site Supporter
I watched it myself but found many of the things shown I already use and practice. I do how ever prefer the Chinese cleaver to a chef's knife as I find it to have a few more uses taking the place of other kitchen tools in some cases.

The one thing I did see new was the method used with cherry tomatoes which was neat. Could also see that method with olives, grapes even hard boiled eggs.

Ian M.

DW did well for Mother's Day. Kieran and I gave her two of the paid classes - one in Artisan Bread Making and the other Making Croissants at Home Class. I was so impressed with the knife skills class that I wanted her to see what she'd like and she just flipped over the bread and croissant classes. Craftsy will be an ongoing good deal for us!
Very grateful to Rocket for sharing this information with us all. Makes a nice gift for a good baker like DW is. The informational post about storing flour was mighty helpful, as well, and today we're going over to the market and invest in some fresh, new unbleached flour, bread flour and self-rising flour to be stored in sealed plastic "vats" for Fallon to use to practice her artisan bread and croissant making skills she'll pick up from her Mother's Day presents. Then Kieran and I get to test drive what she bakes...............
We're both holding out for chocolate croissants!

Ian M.