Wednesday, March 21st What's For Dinner?

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
This is actually what I had yesterday but I was too tired to post. All day was spend on a very rough Gulf of Mexico and it plum wore me out. We caught 40-50 Mangrove Snapper and at least a dozen Grouper in the 25 pound range. Unfortunately Grouper is out of season.

We started with some fresh oysters followed by steamed asparagus, potatoes, and the Snapper. All were wrapped in foil and cooked on a gas grill. The Snapper was served with Fran's excellent Chili Lime Cilantro Sauce. The asparagus included a little hot sauce to spice up the meal.

Attachments

• Snapper1.jpg
    Snapper1.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 154
  • IMG_1311.jpg
    IMG_1311.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 146
  • IMG_1315.jpg
    IMG_1315.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 155
  • IMG_1318.jpg
    IMG_1318.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 145
  • IMG_1320.jpg
    IMG_1320.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 151

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Did the guests enjoy the oysters Buzz? :lol:

I bought some Mango Peach Salsa at Costco over the weekend. They were handing out samples and it was REALLY good so I'm thinking pork loin tonight. Sides TBD.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Baked pasta (probably wagon wheels) with meat and mixed salad.

Can some tell why some idiot decided to put riccotta in 15 oz conatainers and not 1 lb? it screws with my recipes!!

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
They seem to be doing it with a lot of things Peepers. Instead of being upfront and honest and raising the prices, they choose to make the packages smaller while keeping the price the same or sometimes even raising the price. I guess they're hoping that most people won't notice. :censored:

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I bought bacon the other day and when I got it home realized it's only 12 oz not a lb!!

Leni

We're having Italian meatballs stuffed with mozarella cheese, baked potato and a green veggie to be decided later. The spinach is growing beautifully so I may harvest that and sautee it.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
We're having Italian meatballs stuffed with mozarella cheese, baked potato and a green veggie to be decided later. The spinach is growing beautifully so I may harvest that and sautee it.
YUM!! :blob_blue:

rickismom

Low Carb Home Cook
Site Supporter

Send some of that spinach up my way Leni! It's been so darn cold up here w/ snow/ice & rain we can't get anything planted yet, lol
Have you posted your recipe for the meatballs? I'd love to have it :wink:

Leni

Sorry, I don't have a recipe for them. I buy them at the local meatmarket. They are big. Two of them make a meal for the three of us. I would imagine that you could use any Italian meatball recipe and just put a chunk of cheese in the middle. I'll see if they will part with the recipe for you.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Baked pasta with meat (wagon wheels, ground beef, crumbled sausage, ricotta, mozzarella, egg, mushrooms, fresh grated romano and parmesan, parsley, seasoning) and mixed salad.

032112_baked_wagon_wheels_P1090420.jpg

032112_baked_wagon_wheels_salad_P1090422.jpg

Embryodad

This is actually what I had yesterday but I was too tired to post. All day was spend on a very rough Gulf of Mexico and it plum wore me out. We caught 40-50 Mangrove Snapper and at least a dozen Grouper in the 25 pound range. Unfortunately Grouper is out of season.

We started with some fresh oysters followed by steamed asparagus, potatoes, and the Snapper. All were wrapped in foil and cooked on a gas grill. The Snapper was served with Fran's excellent Chili Lime Cilantro Sauce. The asparagus included a little hot sauce to spice up the meal.
Wow! ... Buzz, that's one heck of a feast!...

I love the ant prints on the dishes. My Style of Dinnerware!

Embryodad

Baked pasta with meat (wagon wheels, ground beef, crumbled sausage, ricotta, mozzarella, egg, mushrooms, fresh grated romano and parmesan, parsley, seasoning) and mixed salad.

Can't go wrong with that meal peep!...It has me drooling! hahahaha

Embryodad

I had a heaping High Piled sliced corned beef on rye with mustard. Fat and all!

Fat...for the Fat! L O L

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
DW did the cooking today, and surprised me with this Summer-like meal of chicken kebobs, baked potato and steamed broccoli. Hot fudge sundaes for dessert.

Dinner032112.jpg

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Thank you Jimmy.

Nice sandwich Jimmy pass me one. Yummy

Oh Joe that looks wonderful!

rickismom

Low Carb Home Cook
Site Supporter

Peeps, that looks phenomenal!! The salad looks great too, lol :tiphat:

Embryodad

DW did the cooking today, and surprised me with this Summer-like meal of chicken kebobs, baked potato and steamed broccoli. Hot fudge sundaes for dessert.

Dinner032112.jpg
Looks great Joe!

Nice to have someone do the cooking once in a while huh?

GotGarlic

I went to dinner with a friend tonight - had a house salad with balsamic vinaigrette dressing and a meatball sub.

Leni

I'd love to be your neighbor. Actually I'd love to go out with you. Love fish. What do you do with your catch? Freeze for future use?

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
Did the guests enjoy the oysters Buzz? :lol:

Since hurricane what's her name hit New Orleans the price of oysters has more than doubled. In paying for oysters I can't afford guests - too bad, so sad....

I'd love to be your neighbor. Actually I'd love to go out with you. Love fish. What do you do with your catch? Freeze for future use?

Like Mr. Rogers?? lol Snapper freezes very well water packed.

Embryodad

Rare..For a Wednesday...but GD wanted Pizza tonight.

Gram had frozen sauce...and a blue tube of pizza dough.

Well, it blew up when she whacked it on the edge of the counter. Geeze...I would thing 2011 was long gone by now???

SOooooo!!! Daddypoo whipped up a quick batch of dough for her!... The pizza was good, and the dough was a Big 10-4 !!

69f0e4e4.jpg

fa534359.jpg

15a51ad0.jpg

Now!!! I don't know what metric time zone I was in...but I made this soup the other day..in the year 2525...I guess..haha...But I had it on the camera and never posted it, or downloaded it in Bucketwhack!

Little Meatballs in the soup (NO Chix )

83add361.jpg

Some Fried meatballs on the side!

516a3d2b.jpg

And..And..And....Little succulent surprises..( Spongeous Pillows of Locatelli Romano Cheese...from chunks that I cook in my soup). DW ate 7 of the 8 chunks.

37a70adf.jpg

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
That all looks wonderful Jimmy.

Used to love that song in the day. LOL

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FgSmdfRUus[/ame]

Leni

Now, now Buzz. I admit that I could have phrased it better, :blush: but I think that you know that I meant go out fishing with you.

I've never gone deep sea fishing. Did a lot of fishing in the High Sierras for trout. We carried in a big cast iron skillet. Put that on the fire with melted butter and the feast was ready in a few minutes.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Sunday 3/18 - Beer - Can Chicken Roast

chickenbeercan002.jpg

BeerCanChicken.jpg

chickenbeerCan005.jpg

Monday 3/19 - leftovers

004-13.jpg

Tuesday 3/20 - Leftovers 2 - Chicken Pie

005-6.jpg