What's For Dinner - Caturday, Jan 14, 2012

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I'm going to make some ravioli with Italian sausage, ricotta cheese.....other stuff. I bought some Victoria Vodka Sauce that I've been wanting to try.

What's your plan?

Leni

I've got a tri-tip that I need to BBQ. DH wants speghatti so I'll start a pot of that also.

lilylove

I'm starting to beg for pizza early today... maybe by dinner time Paul will be hungry for it also!! :)

Embryodad

Tina had mentioned Meat Balls.... She was watching Giada make them on the TV.

I could go for just meatballs and bread to soak up the sauce...

OOoops! Just thought of what to make!...Remembered I have eggplant cubed and frozen in water. I'll make Eggplant Meatballs with beef and sausage meat.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Does anyone have an easy asian salad dressing recipe? With garlic, ginger and sesame oil in the list of ingredients? Thank you in advance.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
if they have lamb that looks good & plump, lamb it (finally!) is. if not, & if they have a deal on lobster, i'll get a lobster. if they have niether, we'll see. my mind is is open to many proteins. can't wait to hit the produce section. that'll lend something to deciding on a starch/veggie.

Mr. Green Jeans

One trade show down, 2 to go. Simplicity, and some basic comfort food are on the menu: Chicken & orzo soup with whole wheat + flax sourdough bread.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
the Warden and I are in the middle of putting up lasagna and shells, four meals each, so it'll be shells tonite

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
I ended up making sticky chicken wings without the breading.

Attachments

• sticky-chicken-wings.jpg
    sticky-chicken-wings.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 127

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Salad and homemade wonton soup (garnished with green onions, soy sauce, sesame oil, hot chili sesame oil and bok choy leaves and stems)

011412_salad_P1090302.jpg

011412_wonton_soup_P1090305.jpg

Nancy-MD

Mama and Peep, yummy!

Everyone's dinners sound good.

I had a night off from kitchen duty. The Colonel made our dinner.

belaine

Bottle Washer
Super Site Supporter
Chicken parmesan from last night. Grill some sweet Italian sausage and some Pasta with Marinara. Green salad. Football night. Love five o'clock games! Red wine to go with everything.

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
ok i am on my way to eat some wontons Peeps..lol

i am not usually fond of canned soup besides tomato..but this one is really good...i am impressed with it.

1001029_051000142931_A_400.jpg

Embryodad

Everyones Meals sound great...

I wound up making 2 burgers with cheese.
No enthusiasm to cook with a massive migrane. darn sinuses.

Right now I don't wanna look at food. Grrrrrrrrrr!!

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
dinner tonite:
-some snacks while the food cooked that i got from the olive/antipasto bars & some speck.
-litely herbed double-cut lamb lollipops, purple baby carrots, green beenz, & potato dauphinoise. i cooked the lamb somewhere between rare/med-rare. so juicy. glad there's another in the fridge!
-dessert is waiting for me: pomegranate kernals (or arils to be technical) & my beloved yogurt- coconut liberte! couldn't find it for awhile. here, it was on the top shelf. it is soooo good.

Attachments

• IMG_2828800.jpg
    IMG_2828800.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_2863802.jpg
    IMG_2863802.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_2874803.jpg
    IMG_2874803.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 115

Embryodad

dinner tonite:
-some snacks while the food cooked that i got from the olive/antipasto bars & some speck.
-litely herbed double-cut lamb lollipops, purple baby carrots, green beenz, & potato dauphinoise. i cooked the lamb somewhere between rare/med-rare. so juicy. glad there's another in the fridge!
-dessert is waiting for me: pomegranate kernals (or arils to be technical) & my beloved yogurt- coconut liberte! couldn't find it for awhile. here, it was on the top shelf. it is soooo good.
Wow!...Great pics of some great looking food luvs.

Those olives are my favorite pre meal too!..Antipasto can be a meal in itself. L O L

OH...Uh...please clue me in on the Potatoes? They look so good. Are they baked?

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
thanx, jimmy- i dined in the living room so they were way better than usual, the pix.
the potatoes're a baked gratin. if u would like the recipe lemme know. i have a few book ones & a few of my own. (i use my own. i'm stubborn.)

hopefully that migraine went away, btw!

Embryodad

thanx, jimmy- i dined in the living room so they were way better than usual, the pix.
the potatoes're a baked gratin. if u would like the recipe lemme know. i have a few book ones & a few of my own. (i use my own. i'm stubborn.)

hopefully that migraine went away, btw!
Thanks for the asking abt the migrane.. Yay!...It's almost all gone.
And especially after seeng some snowcover. Yay Again!!!.. Got like a inch, and would you believe..they sent out the salt trucks in my neihborhood already...
I'm like...For What?? Heh Heh Heh ....

On the other hand...Yes..on the recipe for Your Method and ingredients for the Gratin Taters... I can't eat those box ones. They give me instant heartburn.
When you get a chance. No hurry!...just keep it on the back burner. I would appreciate it! .. Thanks..

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
they'll be in the veggie forum soon. they're so simple to make, though may i forewarn: cover the baking sheet w/ foil. they boil over often.

yeah, the salt guys, or gravel & at, they were by here, too. i mean, yeah, into the suburbs, i get it. not here smack in pittsburgh tho, lol. i'm glad tho! my friend lives in the ritziest area of pgh. there is. sans specifics- you may well know where i mean. anyhow, when we got that 1 blizzard, they were trapped for days, like 5. maybe a week! & she has two kiddos. whereas, between the salt going thru as soon as the snow began & exxie's perseverance, we were able to get just about anywhere we wanted w/in reason. i used to live in my friend's area for like 4 or 5 years, & only a few blocks from her. i'd be irate if i were stuck like that! soooo glad i relocated, if only a few miles away it made so much difference in so many ways!~

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
posted, jimmy. if u like cheese potatoes, i have variations & recipes for those, too.

Embryodad

they'll be in the veggie forum soon. they're so simple to make, though may i forewarn: cover the baking sheet w/ foil. they boil over often.

yeah, the salt guys, or gravel & at, they were by here, too. i mean, yeah, into the suburbs, i get it. not here smack in pittsburgh tho, lol. i'm glad tho! my friend lives in the ritziest area of pgh. there is. sans specifics- you may well know where i mean. anyhow, when we got that 1 blizzard, they were trapped for days, like 5. maybe a week! & she has two kiddos. whereas, between the salt going thru as soon as the snow began & exxie's perseverance, we were able to get just about anywhere we wanted w/in reason. i used to live in my friend's area for like 4 or 5 years, & only a few blocks from her. i'd be irate if i were stuck like that! soooo glad i relocated, if only a few miles away it made so much difference in so many ways!~

Thanks luvs for the cooking tip with the foil.
Yeah!..Yep er..we got the ritzy section here too..(College View)..
and the street the mayor lives on. They are the first cleaned. LOL

posted, jimmy. if u like cheese potatoes, i have variations & recipes for those, too.

Thanks luvs!

We went to see "The Adventures of TinTin" in 3D yesterday, since hubby has been a fan of both the books & the original cartoon series. It was really good.

Then we decided to try a local Chinese/Japanese buffet place that has gotten rave reviews. It was just "eh", but was very clean & had numerous wait staff scurrying around keeping things fresh & refilled. For a buffet place I'd give it high marks; for the quality of the food, just "eh".

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Our local Chinese Buffet fits that description exactly.....

Clean, friendly, great staff, great looking food, but pretty much tasteless.