What's For Dinner - Monday, Dec 19, 2011

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I've got to make a run to the grocery store, so no telling at the moment.

What are your dinner plans?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
DD is getting her braces off so hub wants to take her out for dinner to celebrate. HMMMMMMMM I guess she kinda gets her 2 front teeth for christmas. LOL Not sure where but we have BOGO entree coupons for TGIFridays so probably there.

Leni

It's clean out the refrigerator night. I've got so many leftovers that we could do this for at least two nights.

Embryodad

I have not a clue yet!

DD was here baking and making dough for cookies to be baked tomorrow.

DW is here now making her Slovac Cookies.
She made Welsh cookies also Today.

I had a salami on a slice of bread for lunch.

I see some hamburger in the reefer...hmm?? Maybe just a cheeseburger.

I hear a lot of sarchastic huffing and puffing going on behind my back.

I would rather hear bullets fly over my head.

Nancy-MD

Peep, getting the braces off is a big deal! Congrats to your DD!

Jimmy, stay out of the kitchen! LOL!

I made pan fried NY strip steaks, baked potatoes and coleslaw.

Attachments

• 12.19.11 pan fried ny strip.jpg
    12.19.11 pan fried ny strip.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 106

Embryodad

Looks Good Nancy...

I am O U T of the Kitchen... You Bet!..

DW just made tater tots for HERSELF! .... I did NOT want anything from the kitchen...it is Off Limits For Me!.... L O L

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
made a meatloaf as fast as i could! (was gonna make it football-shaped then logic 'bout the ends being overdone set in). potato cooking; & limas'll be cooked soon. later, game's on soon! yeah, black 'n gold!!

Embryodad

DW had Tater Tots & Ketchup...

She baked Oatmeal Craisin cookies, and made Welsh Cookies..

I had tons of them for supper...

b9399412.jpg

f40a1093.jpg

Took a pic of "Chestnut" ( A.K.A. Nut Nut ) in front of Tina's Victorian style tree which is set up in the Dining room in the corner this year. Yay!.... Last year it was in the back middle of the room. Thank God it is a narrow tree.

24f0a8bb.jpg

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Jimmy, I hope you left me some of those oatmeal craisin cookies. I'm Jonesin for them right now with some ice cold milk.

We had the rest of the pot roast and trimmings from yesterday for dinner, then DW went to get he hair cut.

Today I picked up some fresh pork neck bones (2#) and made the sauce for Christmas dinner. I cleaned up the bones when the sauce was done, and that will be my treat for lunch tomorrow. My family does not like the pork left in the sauce, so it's my little reward for making the sauce. Not a problem!

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
well, looks like i have time to post a pic now- 2nd delay in game now!
meatloaf covered in half ketchup/half tomato sauce, buttered, garlicky limas, & a smushed yukon

Attachments

• IMG_2105564.jpg
    IMG_2105564.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 100

Embryodad

well, looks like i have time to post a pic now- 2nd delay in game now!
meatloaf covered in half ketchup/half tomato sauce, buttered, garlicky limas, & a smushed yukon
The meat loaf looks great luvs...

The game doesn't look so good tonight...Darn!!!...
Maybe the lights will go out again.

Embryodad

Jimmy, I hope you left me some of those oatmeal craisin cookies. I'm Jonesin for them right now with some ice cold milk.

We had the rest of the pot roast and trimmings from yesterday for dinner, then DW went to get he hair cut.

Today I picked up some fresh pork neck bones (2#) and made the sauce for Christmas dinner. I cleaned up the bones when the sauce was done, and that will be my treat for lunch tomorrow. My family does not like the pork left in the sauce, so it's my little reward for making the sauce. Not a problem!
The Oatmeal cookies were great Joe. I had to fluff them up in the container cuz I overdid my sampling.

Make sure you notice the hair when your DW gets home.
I always write myself a note everytime she goes to the beauty parlor so I remember to comment.

Boy those pork neck bones really make a great sauce. We fight over the pork niblets left over when we do that. I like when DW throws a couple fresh ham hocks in the sauce.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
:) jimmy. i'm looking forward to the sammiches. i think i like those better than a plateful of a meatloaf dinner! got a laugh from your description of the battle w/in your kitch, haha! & yeah, the game. ugh. ~shudder~

yay for your daughter, peepz!
& nancy, the steak, the slaw- looks very good- slaw & strip steak, they're 2 of my faves

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Thank you everyone. She wasn't feeling so good (she has a cold stuffed nose etc plus her gums hurt a bit) but she enjoyed it though. She and my hub had a cajon shrimp and chicken alfredo dish with red peppers. My other girl had a ham and jack club sandwich and I had sirloin (that didn't impress me at all, it had no flavor. I would rather have a NY strip), overcooked broccoli and loaded mashed taters. Then we went to get our tree. We had fun even though DD was feeling lousy and dropey BUT she now has "nakid" teeth!! LOL

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Everyones meals look wonderful!!

I wish I had dinner at your house Nan!! Thats my favorite meal - perfect NY strip (beautiful color I can almost taste the steak with the yummy juice), baked and salad!!