Net Cooking Talk

Go Back   Net Cooking Talk > Cooking Talk Forums > What's Cooking Forum

Old 07-23-2011, 07:27 AM
Pizza Chef

GotGarlic is on a distinguished road
Default Re: What's cookin' TGIF, Friday, July 22?

I had a difficult week at work, so DH and I went out to eat last night, at a casual Middle Eastern restaurant. We had stuffed grape leaves, then he had seafood kebabs (with shrimp and scallops) and I had salmon kebabs. I love their seasoning - they have a wonderful flavor. Both dinners come with salad, a skewer of grilled veggies, basmati rice, hummus and pita. Good stuff.
Old 07-23-2011, 08:48 AM
'lil Chef

luvs will become famous soon enough
Style: Default VB Style

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeraBlue View Post
That pool pictured above was purchased for a party Lou and I had here for Memorial Day. I invited my staff and their families for an outdoor picnic/bbq. Their children played in the pool all afternoon. End of the day, I told one of the staff members they could have the pool. Lou deflated it and took it to the restaurant. Barbara took it home and reinflated it. It practically killed her. So now it sits, completely inflated, in her living room. When she has time, she carries it downstairs and out to the yard, fills it; and places her grandson in the pool. When finished, it goes back into the living room. Apparently, she doesn't trust her neighbours not to steal it.

I did try it out, however. Slide part didn't work for me...
hehe-
there's a public pool not 5 minutes from here. i'm kinda being a 'fraidy-cat w/ the intermittent storms so i have yet 2 get there.
i really want a pool for the main living room. w/ a bucket, despite the some effort dragging h2o from tub to living room, living room to tub- then covering it @ nite so tig & sharlie-girl babbit won't drink it, & i shall have my own 'lil pool when ther're closed, may take a few ice cubes. 'eh. don't mind that.i'm 30, though nary ashamed of a wading pool in my living room when it's summertime., lemme say!!!!!

Last edited by luvs; 07-23-2011 at 08:54 AM.
Old 07-23-2011, 05:24 PM
Restaurant Chef

Thanked 2,628 Times in 1,325 Posts
Embryodad will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvs View Post
hehe-
there's a public pool not 5 minutes from here. i'm kinda being a 'fraidy-cat w/ the intermittent storms so i have yet 2 get there.
i really want a pool for the main living room. w/ a bucket, despite the some effort dragging h2o from tub to living room, living room to tub- then covering it @ nite so tig & sharlie-girl babbit won't drink it, & i shall have my own 'lil pool when ther're closed, may take a few ice cubes. 'eh. don't mind that.i'm 30, though nary ashamed of a wading pool in my living room when it's summertime., lemme say!!!!!
luvs....

DD is 33..and she has a little wading pool. When she comes over...she fills it 1/2 way, and lays in it on the back porch. When it gets dirty...she just flips the edge down, and all the poopy water comes out. Then she refills it....LOL
Old 07-23-2011, 10:50 PM
'lil Chef

luvs will become famous soon enough
Style: Default VB Style

Quote:
Originally Posted by Embryodad View Post
luvs....

DD is 33..and she has a little wading pool. When she comes over...she fills it 1/2 way, and lays in it on the back porch. When it gets dirty...she just flips the edge down, and all the poopy water comes out. Then she refills it....LOL

hehe. cute. i adore those multi-tiered ones- i'd hafta shop-vac the pool, though- my porch is sorta insignificant.. hm. i'll make ex inflate it for me. glad i ain't alone on this one. lol!

Tags
dinner, food, menu, repast