More newb on the way

Carolina Cooking

Hello, everyone! I have just joined at Peep's invite. I see that some of my friends are already here and I hope to make many more.

Good Morning. :wave:

Glad to see you.. No doubt you will like it here.

Peep told me to check it out. I looked around maybe a hour or so & saw what I liked.. I didn't even hesitate to join.

This place :a1:

Barb

cookingirl

Hey Bunyap!
I really am enjoying it here--it seems like fun--and lots of cooking advice!:picnic:Today is the best day of the week in Boston!
Too bad I am working:neutral:, but payday:applause:
Can't wait until 5pm---thinking of what o make this week end... hummmmmmm..
May sphetti and meatball? or chicken cacciatore? or sausages... I feel lik pasta!:brows:
Saturday???? hummmmmmmmmmmmmm

talk to you later!

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Hello, everyone! I have just joined at Peep's invite. I see that some of my friends are already here and I hope to make many more.
Hi Bunyap! Welcome to Net Cooking Talk!!!!
Good to see you here. Like we say here, come for the food and stay for the people. :D
Sorry for the issues with signing up, glad we got past that problem.

Now that you are here, please, enjoy and post often!!! :thumb: :D

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
We have 4 wonderful new members. There is a 5th but as of yet hasn't introduced herself.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Don't be shy QC! Come out, come out, wherever you are :lol:

WELCOME!

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
not to inject too much reality into the situation, but . . .

I have personally been "on-line" since the mid-1980's. like dial up dazes......

I have personally, up close witnessed any number of "sites" wax and wane.

excepting totally "ignorant" web sites / discussion groups / Forums, every and all sites reserve the administrative right to add/edit/modify/delete posts. this is right. the "admin" people are paying the bills, they enjoy the right to "censor" any and everything posted (there) - not a problem, imho.

in recent history
- I have observed "admins" who choose to defend a "stuffed shirt" - even when the "stuffed shirt" is clearly wrong
- chosen to close a perfectly civil / polite exchange of member veiwpoints - but that "violated" the the admin's personal viewpoints
- admins that openly stated their "objection" to 90-99% of the membership opinion - this is a problem - when the "whole site membership" objects to something and the "admin" finds fault with the 90-95%members' objections... could be a problem in there.

the "solution" is obviously and has been clearly demonstrated. people leave "there" and come "here" - aka voting with a mouse.

not a problem. when participants become dis-happy with Admin A, they go elsewhere. what's the issue?

so, welcome all newcomers. hopefully the Admin here is more sensitive to member sentiment.

Norm

Hi. I am new here today. I recognize some names from elsewhere and can relate to the Tourist. He took a particular dislike to me for some reason.

cookingirl

:wow::hotdog:
Welcome Norm!!!
I was wondering and hoping you would 'come over'!!

This place is pretty big and it takes a while to understand, but the people here seem really nice...
TT is banned :respect:
I think you can add a lot here.. You are an awesome cook and a great person!:excl::tiphat:
Cyn:eat1:

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Hi Norm,
Welcome to Net Cooking Talk. We're sure happy to have you join us here.
Sorry for the registration issue but we're past that now.
I look forward to your cooking posts after hearing cookingirl talk about your skills. :D

SilverSage

Resident Crone
Hey! I recognize all of you! Glad to see you wander over to NCT.

We're a pretty laid back bunch, and the mods really care about the site (of course I'm prejudiced) , so you should find it comfortable.

Can I offer you a drink? :drink2:

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Hi. I am new here today. I recognize some names from elsewhere and can relate to the Tourist. He took a particular dislike to me for some reason.
NORM!!

WOW "Cheers" just flashed in my head!! LOL Welcome to the family and I was hoping you would find your way here. Glad you did.

cookingirl

thank you for the warm welcome Silver Sage! yup I recognize you also--from the first day!! LOL! Please tell me if I post too much nonsense, but I think I do feel comfortable here, for a newbie~~~hope I am not doing too much..Would hate to make a bad first impression!! Weekends, Sundays really, is my real cooking day...a little on Saturdays.. Make a lot for leftovers and freeze some for a later time during the week....ok--I am a motor mouth---never did that before,,,,hummmmmmm

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
thank you for the warm welcome Silver Sage! yup I recognize you also--from the first day!! LOL! Please tell me if I post too much nonsense, but I think I do feel comfortable here, for a newbie~~~hope I am not doing too much..Would hate to make a bad first impression!! Weekends, Sundays really, is my real cooking day...a little on Saturdays.. Make a lot for leftovers and freeze some for a later time during the week....ok--I am a motor mouth---never did that before,,,,hummmmmmm
I'm glad you feel comfortable here, that is our goal to make all new members feel comfortable. :thumb:
Don't worry at all about posting 'to much' nonsense. Feel free to say whatever is on your mind. It's all good and okay here. I love that no matter the title of a thread you never know what interesting info you will find in that thread. Thread drift happens and that is okay. That is part of what makes forums fun and interesting for all.
I think you'll all fit right in here. I look forward to getting to know you all.
Cheers! :beer:

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Just relax and enjoy yourself!

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Hi, Norm!!

Welcome to our forum.

Relax, sit back and enjoy!

Lee

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Hi Norm!
Welcome.
Did you happen to challenge his knowledge of knives? :yum:
I think he must have been just as active on whatever forum you all have mentioned, as he was at one time on another one of Doc's forums.
If he's still on the forum you've decided to flee from, then let them have him.
He didn't last long on a political/debate/all things forum.
hehe;)

Norm

He was always talking about being up front and honest so I asked him some questions. He didn't answer some of them, gave snarky responses to others, accused me of having a bad attitude, made an insulting remark and said he was putting me on ignore. That was when he made an enemy of me. I ignored him until after he started a political thread, one about Lindsey Lohan getting preferential treatment and then he started one about how BBQ is bad (life threatening) and no one was very responsive. One person said that raw fish was dangerous and he tried to get it back on the smoked meat track because he does eat sushi. At that point i said I applauded members for not getting into flame wars over his posts and at that point he decided I was the ENEMY. He didn't mention my name after that but described someone that could only be me and said some really insulting things about this person. i refrained from any further public comments but he came back after resigning his account and said he we suing that board for defamation. He must have mentioned my name because I got banned pending an investigation. I got cleared and reinstated so that is -I hope- the end of that.