It's Thursday April 19th....what's for dinner?

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
It's been a busy day. Didn't feel much like cooking so when I went to Publix this afternoon, I picked up their chicken meal deal. 8 pieces fried chicken, 2 sides (I chose potato salad and cole slaw), 4 rolls and a gallon of sweet tea for $9.99. Sweet! I'll heat up some Bush's baked Beans to go with it.

What are y'all havin?

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Thanks Peepers! Chili sounds good too!

I had never tried Publix chicken dinner before. It was pretty darn good. Not quite as good as my fried chicken but mighty tasty and a really good deal. I'll definitely be doing it again sometime. The tea was good too! There's plenty of leftovers for tomorrow too.

Attachments

• dinner04192012.jpg
    dinner04192012.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 137

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter

I had never tried Publix chicken dinner before. It was pretty darn good. Not quite as good as my fried chicken but mighty tasty and a really good deal. I'll definitely be doing it again sometime. The tea was good too! There's plenty of leftovers for tomorrow too.
Please send one of those fried breasts my way. Looks good.

Leni

We don't have those out here on the West Coast but that sounds like a great deal. And why not after a busy day. I'm having one of those myself today. Not sure what I'll do for dinner.

chilefarmer

We to had a very busy day, I was tired from working in the garden. So it was chicken pot pie for us. Frozen, heated in the oven. Had supper. It was OK. didn't look as good as Mama's chicken dinner. CF

Embryodad

Jimmy had one pickle pimento cold cuts on a mini roll, and another on bread.
DW was shopping for her clothes in Parsippany, and stopped at the ShopRite supermarket there.
She must have been hungry; because she brought home some of the worst Chinese food ever!

The cabbage rolls were grease sponges...I couldn't eat any after the first bite.
The chicken hot wings were rubbery and stinky like pullet Chit.
Then there was pork fried rice that smelled like the pig soaked in chit from the pig stye it layed in.
The fried dumplings were like erasers with tobacco stuffing inside....
What a God aweful disaster of a Chinese Meal..... Now its all outside in the animal feeding pit.

Tina said,"Maybe it will taste better if I heat it up some more!" .. "NO" I said!
"The only heating up that would make it better would be in a fire in the furnace!"
I don't know what she paid for the mess, and I won't ask.
I always say," Find the place / food that you like, and stick with it!.... My favorite is Hong Kong Palace here in town. It's clean, and not greasy, and they don't pass Fat for Pork.

Embryodad

That looks really good... but not like your own crispy chicken.

That tea better taste good for $9.99 a gallon. hahahahaha