Go Back   Net Cooking Talk > Cooking Talk Forums > What's Cooking Forum

Old 05-24-2011, 01:48 PM
'lil Chef

luvs will become famous soon enough
Style: Default VB Style
Default Re: What's Cooking? 5/23/11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Cooking View Post
oh oh I love that pizza. I am soooooooooo going to make that.

When I lived in Baltimore (area) I had lots of jewish friends & I have so many great recipes. Love the food.

One being 'how to eat bagels'. lol
fresh fresh bagel
cream cheese
loc's
sliced onion
sliced tomatoe
sliced munster.

Oh I plan on having that pizza soon. as soon as I sell something to afford the locs

Oh & I am glad to see you are the bandwagon with us Greek Y lovers. I could eat it morning , noon & night ..
luv me some pizza!~ i used to live in an area that was primarily kosher, & my good friend, she's jewish so i learned to luv many of the area's food items. i have lox in the fridge. mmmmm. and i gots a bag-o-bagels & maybe capers?
Old 05-24-2011, 02:01 PM
Banned

CaliforniaCook is on a distinguished road

Norm, your pizza reminds me of Spago/Puck's appetizer pizza - (from memory) creamed cheese, dill, smoked salmon & topped w/ caviar. Looks delish.
Old 05-24-2011, 02:46 PM
Soup Chef

Norm is on a distinguished road

The recipe I used is from Jaques Pepin. The recipe is at the site listed at the end of my post. It used a mixture of cream cheese and horseradish topped with red onions, smoked salmon, a few more onions, capers and cilantro. I didn't use as much horseradish as in the original recipe and I didn't have red onions so used yellow. I didn't have capers and my son does not like them anyway, so I chopped some dill pickle instead. I think cornichons would be even better than dills but I didn't have those either.

Both of them really liked it.
Old 05-24-2011, 03:59 PM
Entree Cook

Nancy-MD is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbopeep View Post
YUMMY Nan!! Please share the recipes!!
Thank you Peep.

Here's the recipe for the enchiladas.
Chicken Enchiladas:

Ingredients:

2 cups chopped cooked chicken or turkey (I poached 2 B/S chicken breasts)
1 cup chopped green bell pepper (I used 1/2 of a large green pepper)
1 pkg. (8oz.) cream cheese, cubed (I used 1/2 of a block (4 oz.) cream cheese)
1 jar (8oz.) salsa, divided (I used about 1/2 c. mixed in with the cream cheese)
8 (6 inch) flour tortillas (I used a package of 6 taco sized flour tortillas)
3/4 pound (12 oz) velveeta, pasturized process cheese spread, cut up
1/2 cup milk (I did not use the Velveeta and milk to make the sauce, I used a can of Old El Paso green enchilada sauce)

Stir chicken, bell pepper, cream cheese and 1/2 cup salsa in sausepan on low heat until cream cheese is melted. (Poached the chicken and while it was cooling, I put the cr. cheese, salsa and diced green peppers in a bowl and microwaved for 2 min. to melt everything. Then diced the chicken and mixed in.)

Spoon 1/3 cup chicken mixture down center of each tortilla; roll up. Place, seam-side down, in lightly greased 12x8-inch baking dish. (I used an 8x8 baking dish for 6 enchiladas. Divided the filling up in between the 6 tortillas.)

Stir process cheese spread and milk in sausepan on low heat until smooth. Pour sause over tortillas; cover with foil. (Didn't do this. Poured 1 can OEP enchilada sauce over tortillas and covered everything with about 2 c. shredded Mexican four blend cheese.)
Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or u ntil thoroughly heated. Pour remaining salsa over tortillas. (Put salsa on the table if anyone wanted additional. I didn't.)

Makes 4 to 6 servings.

For the rice:

Made 1 c. brown rice and added 1/2 can of Great Value brand (Walmart) chili beans with sauce to the rice. Let most of the sauce go into the rice.
Old 05-24-2011, 04:48 PM
Restaurant Chef

Thanked 3,618 Times in 1,659 Posts
lilbopeep will become famous soon enoughlilbopeep will become famous soon enough
Style: Gonzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy-MD View Post
Thank you Peep.

Here's the recipe for the enchiladas.
Chicken Enchiladas:

Ingredients:

2 cups chopped cooked chicken or turkey (I poached 2 B/S chicken breasts)
1 cup chopped green bell pepper (I used 1/2 of a large green pepper)
1 pkg. (8oz.) cream cheese, cubed (I used 1/2 of a block (4 oz.) cream cheese)
1 jar (8oz.) salsa, divided (I used about 1/2 c. mixed in with the cream cheese)
8 (6 inch) flour tortillas (I used a package of 6 taco sized flour tortillas)
3/4 pound (12 oz) velveeta, pasturized process cheese spread, cut up
1/2 cup milk (I did not use the Velveeta and milk to make the sauce, I used a can of Old El Paso green enchilada sauce)

Stir chicken, bell pepper, cream cheese and 1/2 cup salsa in sausepan on low heat until cream cheese is melted. (Poached the chicken and while it was cooling, I put the cr. cheese, salsa and diced green peppers in a bowl and microwaved for 2 min. to melt everything. Then diced the chicken and mixed in.)

Spoon 1/3 cup chicken mixture down center of each tortilla; roll up. Place, seam-side down, in lightly greased 12x8-inch baking dish. (I used an 8x8 baking dish for 6 enchiladas. Divided the filling up in between the 6 tortillas.)

Stir process cheese spread and milk in sausepan on low heat until smooth. Pour sause over tortillas; cover with foil. (Didn't do this. Poured 1 can OEP enchilada sauce over tortillas and covered everything with about 2 c. shredded Mexican four blend cheese.)
Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or u ntil thoroughly heated. Pour remaining salsa over tortillas. (Put salsa on the table if anyone wanted additional. I didn't.)

Makes 4 to 6 servings.

For the rice:

Made 1 c. brown rice and added 1/2 can of Great Value brand (Walmart) chili beans with sauce to the rice. Let most of the sauce go into the rice.
Thank you Nan! The taco size tortillas are bigger?

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Never explain yourself. Your friends don't need it and your enemies won't believe it anyway.

Tags
cooking, dinner