Saturday, 4-5...whatcha cookin?

buckytom

Grill Master
mav, what kind of sauce on the pasta?

my sister made something with polish sausages that was good this past christmas. she fried the sausage, then cut it into a hot crock pot of chinese duck sauce. weird but good in that salty sweet kinda way.

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
Three large links of polish sausage, fried up, then cut up and fried up again. I admit I used canned spaghetti sauce, LOL! Hunt's Zesty... pretty good!

buckytom

Grill Master
oh noooooooo!!! you selfish bastard :wink: feeding canned sauce to your family.

it takes almost nothing to open a can of crushed tomatoes, adding a few herbs and spices, and letting it simmer for justa few minutes. that way you can control the sodium and fat as well.

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
oh noooooooo!!! you selfish bastard :wink: feeding canned sauce to your family.

it takes almost nothing to open a can of crushed tomatoes, adding a few herbs and spices, and letting it simmer for justa few minutes. that way you can control the sodium and fat as well.

And I bet he even topped it with that green can of over-processed "cheese"!!! Evil!!!

:yum:

chowhound

Good one, Joe ;^)

BT told me a substitution of pork would be ok, so I picked up a couple pork butt roasts (like a butt cut in half) and put that honesuki to good use. It was very handy for slicing the meat, trimming the bone and still keeping it in hand the whole time. Nice knife.

And yes, Q, I did have the maters (lol).

Sausage is great in spaghetti, K. And stick pepperoni, too, but I usually cut the pepperoni into smaller pieces than the sausage.

homecook

Oh, that sounds good. Is that Polish sausage like a kielbasa or smoked sausage? I’ve never even thought to do that before! Sounds yummy.

I always put fresh Polish sausage in with my spaghetti sauce along with the meatballs. It really gives it a good flavor!

We had barbecued pork, pasta salad, spinach dip, chips and dogs in crescent rolls for my grandsons' birthday.

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
I always put fresh Polish sausage in with my spaghetti sauce along with the meatballs. It really gives it a good flavor!

We had barbecued pork, pasta salad, spinach dip, chips and dogs in crescent rolls for my grandsons' birthday.

It's never crossed my mind!!! But I'm gonna try it! Thanks guys! I love this place!!! :thumb:

chowhound

I never even thought of the flavor it adds to the sauce. I just like eating the extra meat! :chef:

homecook

I never even thought of the flavor it adds to the sauce. I just like eating the extra meat! :chef:

:D

I never liked the sausage when I was a kid and my mom made it. Since I've been making it the same way for years now I love the sausage almost as much as the meatballs.
If there are any leftover I make sausage sandwiches and fry up some onions and peppers and add some sauce. Yummy!!

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
no, but would that happen to be me between two hot blondes???

no?

nevermind.

Gawd I am slow tonight .. ya goofy guy! lol

Tomburger

Toasted kaiser roll, buttered.
Thick slice of tomato
Mayo
Red onion
alfalfa sprouts
Spike seasoning *my favourite* :)

These are the bomb!

chowhound

BT's sauce was damn tasty, even without the veal. The pork butt worked just fine.

And thanks for the tip on the San Marzano tomatoes, BT, I had no idea they (the whole tomatoes) came with puree in the can in place of juice. That definitely makes them worth the extra cost I'm sure they are, if I can find them :wink:

Attachments

• BTs sauce.jpg
    BTs sauce.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 94

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
BT's sauce was damn tasty, even without the veal. The pork butt worked just fine.

And thanks for the tip on the San Marzano tomatoes, BT, I had no idea they (the whole tomatoes) came with puree in the can in place of juice. That definitely makes them worth the extra cost I'm sure they are, if I can find them :wink:

:w00t: That looks soooo good! I'm hungry again!!! Great job! :thumb:

lifesaver91958

Queen of the Jungle
Gold Site Supporter
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh Yummy....... I like the looks of that dish above! Yumm, Yumm! I can almost taste it.