Rants and Raves thread

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
the 'Pissed off Thread' had close to 2000 posts. A big thread. I have closed that thread and am starting this one in it's place.
The old thread will still be searchable and available but no new posts can be made in it.

Rant away .... :D

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
i rant that the place i was gonna buy dinner items @ was closed!
he-he

Carolina Cooking

there are days , If I could , set it on the curb..

As you know I am in a rental. Hopefully I won't move. Even tho I want too.
This POS has been here since I moved in 7 yrs ago. Kenmore if that tells you anything :yuk: Plus I am sure its a low end one.

I have that rinsing junk in the holder. I switch back & forth between Cascade & Finish . The #1 brands.

My glass's are cloudy & don't even look like they are washed. Clear bowls the same. Now , some of my stainless bowls are not clean.

The gel packet sometimes on a reg basis is left in the bottom.

I wash the dishwasher out with vinegar once a week..

I am now to the point of not even putting glass in it, I have to soak them in vinegar for hours & scrub the heck out of them. PIA.

I will be the one to put in a new one. Landlord :censored: Thats a whole nother Rant..

Phiddlechik

Our glasses were turning out that way. I had been using the "hot" setting, thinking the hotter the better, right? Well, I recently found out I was wrong. Too hot water in regular dishwashers (not commercial) can cause glasses to be cloudy. So I just do a normal wash setting now and have had better results.

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
So the price of gas was going up because of unrest in the east (again)....and we paid. Then, the price of oil was coming down resulting in what they said would be lower gas prices. Prices didn't go down even though the price of a barrel of oil had come down. Price started back up because of 'probable flooding of refineries in the south'. How can you raise prices on something that will probably cause a reaction??????

That's like saying the cow may not like that particular brand of feed so, just in case I have to change feed let me jack up the price of beef now. I have a small car that gets about 30 MPG...but when I have to pay 62$ for a full tank I get rather irate.

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
They're called the futures markets, Vera, and the biggest players are those who actually take delivery (and deliver), not the players on the floor. In my former industry huge bets are placed attempting to blacken the bottom line in times to come.

Leni

Rude people.

I was at TJ's yesterday and an old woman got really pissed off at a lady that was looking for the bread she liked with her cart next to her. There was also one of those carry alls that stores use to move product that was next to the bread. The bread aisle is next to the open produce area, lots of room.

Actually there were two women buying bread. The old woman was furious because she wanted to buy bread also. The woman with the cart told her that all she had to do was ask and she'd move aside. She moved her cart but the old woman grabbed it and really shoved it. Then she got really nasty. I put my hand on her shoulder and said, easy easy easy. She then blew up at me and told me she wasn't going to relax. She ended up stomping off when the woman with the cart called her an old bat. As she said if she wanted an arguement she'd go home and have one with her husband.

We have to be patient with one another. I've found myself blocking the aisle because I'm focused on finding what I want and I've had the aisle blocked by others doing the same thing. All it takes is a polite 'may I get by you?'

There were a lot of us standing there shaking our heads. Maybe the oldster was having a bad day but still.....

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
it's so rude of people like that, leni..... i say, you know, 'scuse me, could i sqeeze by?' maybe, 'could you pleeze let me through ma'am (sir, if he's a a guy), i'm kinda rushed. i apologize.' & i smile @ them, because, well, i should.
schooch my buggy from others' paths & sheesh, i've clesned the floor for the 'iggle lady once.
rudeness is, to me, incomprehensible..... the unkindness of some baffles me.

now, when i smush this keyboard to smithereens & plug in another, that is diffeent, lol.

Phiddlechik

and then again, maybe the older lady has some issues with stroke/dementia, etc. One's personality can be the first to change, without actually being debilitated by disease.

Leni

The older lady showed no signs of stroke or dementia. If she had everyone would have been a lot more forgiving. I would have noticed because I worked in that field.

Phiddlechik

so, you were able to get inside her brain?

I had a disability for 4 1/2 years (until a spinal fusion in my neck), and NO ONE would have been able to tell from looking at me.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
And either of you could be right. No way to know for sure.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
i have problematic health ails. doesn't excuse me from treating others w/ respect, though.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
ARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGG GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!! I feel like smacking someone on the other forum!! ( his/her name will be "Dilldo" in my mind from now on!!)

OK Rant over for now

Rave to commence

I LOVE THIS forum Doc!! BUT you have to stray to really appreciate what you have!! LOL :bonk:

Carolina Cooking

ARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGG GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!! I feel like smacking someone on the other forum!! ( his/her name will be "Dilldo" in my mind from now on!!)

OK Rant over for now

Rave to commence

I LOVE THIS forum Doc!! BUT you have to stray to really appreciate what you have!! LOL :bonk:

:yum::yum::yum:Not Dilldo .IT is a HE. so Dickbert will do.:oops:Did I say that? yes I did..

Bunch of know it alls over yonder.I am happy to have moved on..

Wart

Banned
ARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGG GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!! I feel like smacking someone on the other forum!!

Thats why I generally stay away from such places.

Stress jacks my sugar,

Sugar bootstraps my stress,

Overall not a good thing.

cookingirl

Peeps,
:agree:

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Here we go again!!!:neutral:
I am here! My allegiance is here:flowers:
Who?????????????

cyn

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter

OK Rant over for now

Rave to commence

That should take care of it Peepers :wink:

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
That should take care of it Peepers :wink:
:applause::applause: Thank you Mama for the smack down!! :twak:

His condescending tone pushed my button!!
swear2.gif
Sometimes you just wanna give someone a trout smack down!!
trout-poke.gif

teehee.gif

Wart

Banned
This weather is enough to set me off.

It's been cold, or wet, or cold and wet for weeks.

We had two decent days over a week ago where I was able to till the garden and move the strawberry plants.

Then the wet and cold started again and now the garden looks more like mud with mulch on top. The mulch was in the ground.

Yesterday it rained and hailed and more of the hill and drive washed out.

Suns out, for now. Suppose to be nice for a few days, should be able to get the garden in if it dries out.

If.

Yard hasn't been cut, but mines not the only one. Should find someone with a sickle bar and a bailer ....

Glad I left the snow chains on the tractor, kept me from getting stuck when moving mulch but now have to wash the tractor.