What do you like with your chili? Poll

What do you like to eat along with your chili?

• Cornbread

Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Saltine crackers

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Ritz crackers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fritos

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Tortilla chips

• Salad

• Other (please post what your "other" is

Votes: 7 33.3%

• Total voters

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
What do you like to eat along side of a nice bowl of chili?

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
A few slices of crusty bread, some shredded cheddar on top along with a dollop of sour cream on top.

Shermie

Site Supporter
Cornbread - which I chose, is very good! But for me, the "other" thing would have to be rice. I sometimes just LOVE it over rice!! :weber:

Jim_S

Resident Curmudgeon
Gold Site Supporter
Saltines with grated cheddar and diced onions.

Fritos are good too and so is cornbread!

Jim

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
#1 choice - I like my chili served over brown rice. I top it with fresh grated parmesan and romano cheese (when I was a kid mom always had those cheeses around) or shredded cheddar, sour cream and green onion.

Sometimes salad on the side.

Sometimes over a hot dog topped with mustard, cheddar, chopped raw onion LOL.

Last edited:

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
#1 choice homemade toasted white bread with lots of butter, onions,cheese
#2 choice fresh warm homemade sour dough bread

Shermie

Site Supporter
I'm surprised that beans isn't one of the things listed. Because most of the time, I like to put kidney beans in mine. :piesmiley1::eating2: :bounce:

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
For me that goes without saying. I ALWAYS put beans in my chili.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Beans are always in our chili also.

I like bread and butter with my chili ...but my wife started me on a new thang that her G-ma did for her.
I sure thought this 'weird' but I tried it when my wife served it that way, and I've come around to liking. Plain peanut butter sandwiches, cut in half. Perfect for dunking in hot chili. Purty dang good.

Johnny West

I like saltines but growing up it was a peanut butter sandwich. Some schools gave a cinnamon roll with chili but I don’t remember that.

Johnny West

I'm surprised that beans isn't one of the things listed. Because most of the time, I like to put kidney beans in mine. :piesmiley1::eating2: :bounce:
I put a can of kidney beans and a can of pinto beans in chili but lately have been making chili with no beans, like today.

Johnny West

Beans are always in our chili also.

I like bread and butter with my chili ...but my wife started me on a new thang that her G-ma did for her.
I sure thought this 'weird' but I tried it when my wife served it that way, and I've come around to liking. Plain peanut butter sandwiches, cut in half. Perfect for dunking in hot chili. Purty dang good.
Doc, that is what we did as kids and what the school gave us with chili.