NCT's Iron Chef 17: Battle Burger

homecook

(post 43 of this thread) Wow, that looks great Barb!!!!! Old thread but it needs a bump. :D

Thanks Doc! ;) Here's another one stuffed with mushrooms, onions, jalapenos, bacon and pepper cheese. :D

Attachments

• 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 330

lifesaver91958

Queen of the Jungle
Gold Site Supporter
OK, here's my pics. I made two of my staple freezer bound burgers and created a new burger. The Thai Tempeh burgers I made for dinner were sweet and tangy but not hot. I would have added about twice as many peppers, but my family prevailed. The mushrooms were simply sauteed with some soy milk and red curry paste, which was really good too.

Tempeh Burgers:

Chickpea Burgers:

BBQ Tempeh Burgers:

Looks delicious!

lifesaver91958

Queen of the Jungle
Gold Site Supporter
Well, we eat ours 2 different ways, so I have to make the burgers to order.

The first one is just plain with lettuce, pickle, mayo, and raw onion, cooked medium.

Mine is with swiss, grilled onions, grilled mushrooms, Peter Luger Steak Sauce, cooked medium rare.

Wow!

attachment.php

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I didn't get all the way through this thread last night, thanks for the highlights of SS's, Peeps, Vyapti and Chow's. :tiphat: :clap: :clap: :clap: And thank you Barb for the updated version. Awesome :tiphat: :clap: :clap: :clap: They all look so good.

So, last night I was grilling our burgers, my son's pup pee'd in the house. DW brings her to me while she is cleaning up the pee. I walk her and am bringing her back to the house and dang if she didn't pull out of her collar and run. I had to run and get her, finally caught her and brought her back. Didn't take that long ...but long enough that my perfect burgers were no longer perfect. Very well done on one side. Still eatable, but not what I was after after seeing all these works of art. :( Such is life.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Great resurrection thread, Doc

Just happen to be ready !
We call this 'round these parts a "California" Burger.......... tho' it isn't really...... (No Avocado)
Lettuce, Tomato, Onion and Mayo.......
Fresh pole beans w/ bacon and onion bits
Baby Yukons..........

BurgerDinner4-1-10003.jpg

BurgerDinner4-1-10001.jpg

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Looks GREAT LT. :thumb: :tiphat: Making me hungry and it's two hours to lunch time.

... So, last night I was grilling our burgers, my son's pup pee'd in the house. DW brings her to me while she is cleaning up the pee. I walk her and am bringing her back to the house and dang if she didn't pull out of her collar and run. I had to run and get her, finally caught her and brought her back. Didn't take that long ...but long enough that my perfect burgers were no longer perfect. Very well done on one side. Still eatable, but not what I was after after seeing all these works of art. :( Such is life.

Sorry to hear that, Doc. :-(

Wanted to mention... Watched Robert Irvine's Restaurant Impossible the other night. He had the chef/cook make their version of a burger, & he made his. He pointed out the burger shouldn't be squished (pressure applied & flattened out on the grill), as the juices are released/lost. He lightly shaped & formed the burger, just patting it together before putting it on the grill. After the burger was done/cooked, he topped it off with a pat of butter. It looked so juicey & delish. So, I'm thinking, next time, I will top my burgers w/ a pat of compound butter.

I have a recipe for a Greek-inspired burger. Will post when I can.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I walk her and am bringing her back to the house and dang if she didn't pull out of her collar and run. I had to run and get her, finally caught her and brought her back.

Thank Goodness for that! :D

Nice burger Lucky! Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!
Lovin' those beans too.

Carolina Cooking

Sorry to hear that, Doc. :-(

Wanted to mention... Watched Robert Irvine's Restaurant Impossible the other night. He had the chef/cook make their version of a burger, & he made his. He pointed out the burger shouldn't be squished (pressure applied & flattened out on the grill), as the juices are released/lost. He lightly shaped & formed the burger, just patting it together before putting it on the grill. After the burger was done/cooked, he topped it off with a pat of butter. It looked so juicey & delish. So, I'm thinking, next time, I will top my burgers w/ a pat of compound butter.

I have a recipe for a Greek-inspired burger. Will post when I can.

a little off topic ,just wanted to say I have eaten in his Restaurant here in SC a few times (EAT its in Hilton Head) It is by far the best Tv chefs restaurant I have eaten in. Bar none! :readytoeat:

a little off topic ,just wanted to say I have eaten in his Restaurant here in SC a few times (EAT its in Hilton Head) It is by far the best Tv chefs restaurant I have eaten in. Bar none! :readytoeat:

The menu looks Fab! Next to Wolfgang, he's one of my favorite celeb chefs. He makes food that looks so fresh w/ clean flavors & unique twists. Wanted to reach thru the screen when he did a recipe/menu makeover for these:

Meatball Tom-Toms w/ Parmesan Cream

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/...om-toms-with-parmesan-cream-recipe/index.html

IL0204Z_meatball-tom-toms-with-parmesan-cream_s4x3_lg.jpg