Best Steak Ever

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
Our local grocery is a Publix and we've always found their selections excellent. Fran came home with a couple of fillets today and we did something a little different. Remember when some restaurants used to serve steak on toast? We do. Publix has a brand new bread, Jalapeno Cheddar Demi Loaf. Eaten alone, the pepper bite is slightly above subtle but grows and grows in the aftertaste to the point where your mouth gets nice and warm. I grilled the meat as always, six minutes a side, while Fran toasted a couple slices of the bread. The steak was placed on the bread and was topped off with another Publix product, lemon herb garlic butter finishing sauce - tossed the label - it was something like that. It melted onto the steak, drizzled down, and soaked into the bread.

This was the best steak either one of us has ever eaten, anywhere, any price. My taste buds are still dancing.... :weber:

Fillet.jpg

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Hiya, Peepsie. See that thin layer of bread under the meat in the picture? Gawd it was awesome. Makes me wanna throw a party or something.....
Meet ya at teterboro or caldwell whichever is more to your liking. Come fly me down for the party. :whistling:

Embryodad

Our local grocery is a Publix and we've always found their selections excellent. Fran came home with a couple of fillets today and we did something a little different. Remember when some restaurants used to serve steak on toast? We do. Publix has a brand new bread, Jalapeno Cheddar Demi Loaf. Eaten alone, the pepper bite is slightly above subtle but grows and grows in the aftertaste to the point where your mouth gets nice and warm. I grilled the meat as always, six minutes a side, while Fran toasted a couple slices of the bread. The steak was placed on the bread and was topped off with another Publix product, lemon herb garlic butter finishing sauce - tossed the label - it was something like that. It melted onto the steak, drizzled down, and soaked into the bread.

This was the best steak either one of us has ever eaten, anywhere, any price. My taste buds are still dancing.... :weber:

View attachment 16914

Meet ya at teterboro or caldwell whichever is more to your liking. Come fly me down for the party. :whistling:

Boy Oh Boy that surely looks great! I just ate Lousy Crab Cakes, and I'm gettin hungry looking at the picture! :thumb:

Hey! ...Before we know it Buzzard, and peeps...We will be able to send each other tastes or meals we cooked on Delivery Drones! LOL

I could see it now... "The NCT Drone!"
ZZZzzzzzzzzzzz Ding Ding Ding ....Here ya go peep...Landing with yer steak and taters.... ( Right on Yer Front Yard ):wow:

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
That looks perfectly perfect, Buzz! Love the glistening of the finishing sauce!

What's the orange stuff on the plate?

Lee

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
:ohmy: Buzz.....there are no words for how amazing that looks :applause:....and the bread underneath soaking up all of that delicious juice....:wub:

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
Peeps said:
Mashed sweet tater? Maybe

Peeps - I have been doing twice baked sweet potatos and loving them!

Bake a couple sweet potatoes, Lay them on the counter open the tops, scoop out the flesh, put them in a bowl, Dump in half a brick of cream cheese, 1/4 tsp nutmeg, 1/4 tsp ginger, 1/2 tsp of cinnamon. Whip it with the mixer, refill the potato skins and warm back up.

Should this be a guilty pleasure? I did leave out butter and brown sugar. Tryn to be good.

I mention these here, because, I always make them with steak now.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Peeps - I have been doing twice baked sweet potatos and loving them!

Bake a couple sweet potatoes, Lay them on the counter open the tops, scoop out the flesh, put them in a bowl, Dump in half a brick of cream cheese, 1/4 tsp nutmeg, 1/4 tsp ginger, 1/2 tsp of cinnamon. Whip it with the mixer, refill the potato skins and warm back up.

Should this be a guilty pleasure? I did leave out butter and brown sugar. Tryn to be good.

I mention these here, because, I always make them with steak now.
I do that with acorn squash and sweets on the holidays. I don't twice back just mash them with spices, brown sugar and butter (hub and DD's won't eat without the sweet and butter). Sometimes I use pumpkin pie spice.

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
Bought some more of that sauce today. Publix calls them Finishing Butter. Lemon Herb is what was used on the fillet.

finishing butters.jpg

Shermie

Site Supporter

View attachment 16914

Looks like Fillet Mignon!! My favorite steak!! Has very little fat, if any at all!! A little bit more done though for me, please. Love butternut squash & broccoli too!! Hah!!! :bbq:

Attachments

• Fillet.jpg
    Fillet.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 629
Last edited:

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
Did it again tonight. Yeah, that stuff is the finishing sauce - butter, sweet, herbed, butter.

Attachments

• steak tonight.jpg
    steak tonight.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 528

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
The fillet looks so tiny on the plate but it's about 2" thick. 5 1/2 minutes a side at 500F is just about right. The buttery herb finishing sauce is to die for and any of you within range of a Publix super market should give it a whirl.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
:ohmy: Buzz.....there are no words for how amazing that looks :applause:....and the bread underneath soaking up all of that delicious juice....:wub:
I'll 2nd that. :clap: :clap: :clap:
I manged to miss this thread the 1st time around so thanks for the bump / reminder with the follow up post. I needed that. :tiphat:

belaine

Bottle Washer
Super Site Supporter
The steak is gorgeous! I thought the toast was to keep the steak on the plate in restaurants. Now I know.