What's Cooking NCT Sun. 2/17/2013 to Sat. 2/23/2013

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I made spinach pies (I updated the recipe thread with pictures how to fold) and had a few for lunch. I am making beef lo mein for dinner.

Mountain man

Entree Cook
Gold Site Supporter
I should eat leftovers again. But while i was getting some pot pies the other day i found a few more packs of homemade smoked sausage. Might do that and some rice a roni.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
It was just going to be leftover chili for dinner but DD just called and her and her DH are coming over so I took some shrimp out of the freezer to bread and fry. I'll make some augratin potatoes and broccoli to go with the shrimp.

Embryodad

It was just going to be leftover chili for dinner but DD just called and her and her DH are coming over so I took some shrimp out of the freezer to bread and fry. I'll make some augratin potatoes and broccoli to go with the shrimp.
Can't wait to see a pic of that...hopefully!

Havn't had potatoes augratin in ages. The kids liked the packaged dry ones, but Tina makes her own.

Embryodad

I made spinach pies (I updated the recipe thread with pictures how to fold) and had a few for lunch. I am making beef lo mein for dinner.
Sounds good peep...

I'll have to look at that recipe!... We eat spinach pies with squirts of lemon juice as we eat them. The kids won't eat them. PITA's.

Embryodad

I should eat leftovers again. But while i was getting some pot pies the other day i found a few more packs of homemade smoked sausage. Might do that and some rice a roni.
Ha Ha ha ....It all depends what's leftover huh?

The rice and sausages sound good.

Like applesauce (home made) with smoked sausages.

I made Jimmy Deans original sausage for breakfast this AM to have with the Yeast Raised Waffles. I sliced it, and the rolled little links out of the slices. Came out great.
I like the links better than the patties.

Embryodad

I was able to resize the one pic, but not the other.
The New Photobucket Stinks.... They have a lot of issues to iron out!

We had Soup and I dragged out the Panini Maker from the closet.

I made us nice ham / cheese / and tomato on inside out crust Italian bread... I ate mine, and the piece 1/2 that Tina didn't eat.

She is now making a Amish Banana Cake!

panniniandsoup004_zps965b3205.jpg

panniniandsoup002_zps08d2b0f6.jpg

PanchoHambre

tonight I was tired and the roomate bought the chicken so i felt obligated to play it safe - just roasted w/potatoes

raw

DSCN0383_zps8f61010f.jpg

done

DSCN0384_zps682ded68.jpg

cheap one dish dinner, hungry so did not get a pic plated with corn and salad

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Everything looks and sound wonderful.

Nice cheesy sammie Jimmy!

Today DD and I made spinach Pies. Which were lunch today and the rest will be snacks, appetizers or vegetable side dish.

I made Beef Lo Mein for dinner

021813_beef_lo_mein_P1090779.jpg

Embryodad

Everything looks and sound wonderful.

Nice cheesy sammie Jimmy!

Today DD and I made spinach Pies. Which were lunch today and the rest will be snacks, appetizers or vegetable side dish.

I made Beef Lo Mein for dinner

021813_beef_lo_mein_P1090779.jpg
Thanks peep! they were crispy on the outside, and on the inside.

Your Meal looks great! Had Chinese noodles in the soup today. I like those noodles!

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Thanks peep! they were crispy on the outside, and on the inside.

Your Meal looks great! Had Chinese noodles in the soup today. I like those noodles!
Thank you Jimmy.

These are the noodles I used. I got them at H Mart

dried_asin_noodles_P1090776.jpg

Embryodad

Thank you Jimmy.

These are the noodles I used. I got them at H Mart

dried_asin_noodles_P1090776.jpg
Yeah!... Nice!..

I like the Rice noodles Too!

The soup we had today was spicy hot, and when Tina went to the Oriental store, they had no English on the directions or the writing on the package.
Only had a sticker with the ingredients and the FDA stuff like calories and sodium content etc.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
I'm just waiting for our tenant (DD is with us for another two weeks till her apt is ready) to get back from a 5 mile run, then I'll throw the smoked turkey sausage and veggies in the pan and get them cooked up for dinner with DW's great salad with all the goodies in it. Here are the goodies awaiting their time.

Dinner021813-1_zps5ec5f8d4.jpg

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
We just snacked on a couple of dozen oysters I shucked and I'll throw the big T-Bone on in about a half hour. :)

Embryodad

I'm just waiting for our tenant (DD is with us for another two weeks till her apt is ready) to get back from a 5 mile run, then I'll throw the smoked turkey sausage and veggies in the pan and get them cooked up for dinner with DW's great salad with all the goodies in it. Here are the goodies awaiting their time.

Dinner021813-1_zps5ec5f8d4.jpg

Looks Good Joe! ... Just make sure the tenant cleans up the dishes. LOL

I doubt it!....You would NEVER let that happen! Right?

Embryodad

Nothing really cooked. :confused:

DW had Soft Boiled Eggs and on top of bread cubes.

I had Chinese Noodles soup in the styrofoam cup.

Dessert...May be.... ( May Be ) waffles. I have the yeast raised waffle batter left over. It's good for 3 days. So it's waffles tonight for a snack / dessert, or tomorrows breakfast.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Looks Good Joe! ... Just make sure the tenant cleans up the dishes. LOL

I doubt it!....You would NEVER let that happen! Right?
CLEAN UP THE DISHES???:yum::yum::yum: Surely you jest, my friend. All that the females in this house know how to do is leave them on the counter or hide them in the dishwasher. Anyway, now that you've had a good laugh, here's how it all turned out. Of course, the "runner" did nothing but bitch about the calorie count because I used a bit of EVOO to carmelize the sausage a bit, and DW used it to make her salad dressing with. Oui ve...

Dinner021813-2_zpsb07b39f6.jpg

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
tonight I was tired and the roomate bought the chicken so i felt obligated to play it safe - just roasted w/potatoes

raw

DSCN0383_zps8f61010f.jpg

done

DSCN0384_zps682ded68.jpg

cheap one dish dinner, hungry so did not get a pic plated with corn and salad
Looks damn good Pancho. I love chicken legs and thighs over the breast meat any day.

K

Kimchee

Hey Pancho, what does that canned mackerel taste like?
Is it similar to canned salmon at all? (Not salmon taste, but
consistency and such? Fishy?)

There's some darn good looking dinners in this thread!

I dreamed of ribs the other night, so I had to dig through
my freezer and find the spareribs. Thought I had more charcoal
than I did, so I gave them as much time on the grill as I could,
then finished in the oven. They definitely hit the spot!

PanchoHambre

Hey Pancho, what does that canned mackerel taste like?
Is it similar to canned salmon at all? (Not salmon taste, but
consistency and such? Fishy?)

I guess somewhere between Salmon and Sardine - I guess it is a little fishy but I like fish LOL - can be subbed for salmon easily in fishcakes and stuff and goes well with the stronger flavors of a curry (supposedly a bit of mustard will cut the fish taste in recipes)

I am not sure in a blind test I would be able to tell dif between that and canned salmon in a dish - but salmon is prettier ;)

4 main reasons for using Mackerel

1 it is VERY cheap
2 TONS of Omega 3
3 It is wild caught & sustainable
4 Lower on the food chain, low mercury and toxins

I t is a new discovery for me I plan to start learning ways to cook it as I enjoy fish and am trying to go more to fish and chicken for daily meals and save the red meats for once a week or so.

Embryodad

I had a sinus Migrane headache, and I went to lie down after taking some meds.
I woke up, and Tina had a nice sauce cooking with chunky canned diced tomatoes / pepperoni / and the meatballs I fried the other night.
Ummm! It really hit the spot.

Nice piece, (Well Actually Two ) of Banana Cake.

TINASSAUCE007_zps8c1e7aeb.jpg

TINASSAUCE006_zpse36cf82c.jpg

TINASSAUCE010_zpsc2c31f88.jpg

Sorry About the Pic Sizes... That New Photobucket Stinks.
I resized all three, and it went back to original size. Screwy Site.
They should have left it alone and used the original format!

thegrindre

Why not do the editing on your PC first then upload directly to here?
That's how I'm doing it. Why go thru a third party when it isn't necessary for these forums?
Just a suggestion...
:)

Embryodad

Why not do the editing on your PC first then upload directly to here?
That's how I'm doing it. Why go thru a third party when it isn't necessary for these forums?
Just a suggestion...
:)
Rick! I tried that with absolute failure.
I only have Windows Photo Gallery. The el cheepo that came with the computer. The web site does not accept any photo's direct from my computer.

Unless I am not seeing something.?

The original Photo bucket was easy....one would set the picture size...and all the uploads would be the same size. ( Changeable easily )
With the new Photobucket format...There again, each picture has to be edited (i.e. resizing) one by one. Too time consuming.
I doodled around on the help and forum on their site, and 100% of users are up in arms and peeved at the new format.
I resized and when I saved they reverted back to full size. Same with other users! ...
There is another site I used previously.. ( Image Shack ) so I will try that.

It's just that the P-bucket was a easy one click deal, and now it is really useless.

I was only 20% of 5GB of storage; so it wasn't like I was infringing on the FREE site / use.

Last edited:

PanchoHambre

That New Photobucket Stinks.[/COLOR][/B]

I find it completely aggravating :yuk:

Tonight got home late and had some stuff to use up made a salad

Lettuce and Sprouts topped with Beets, Orange, Avocado, Sardine with a Balsamic Pomegranate Vinaigrette - I forgot the Jalepeno's and Red Onion because I was hungry LOL it was still good and healthy.

thegrindre

Just tryin' to help, Dad.
But, if you're taking pix from a camera then uploading to your PC, the software should let you resize simply enough then save into jpg format.
After that, click on the, Manage Attachments, button below this typing field area.
Then click on the, Browse..., button and look around on your PC for your pic then hit the, Upload, button and bingo.
Next is Preview Post to see if you're happy with it,
Then Submit Reply.

I usually keep my pix down to 800 wide.

It's just like eating lettuce... nothing to it. :)

Embryodad

Just tryin' to help, Dad.
But, if you're taking pix from a camera then uploading to your PC, the software should let you resize simply enough then save into jpg format.
After that, click on the, Manage Attachments, button below this typing field area.
Then click on the, Browse..., button and look around on your PC for your pic then hit the, Upload, button and bingo.
Next is Preview Post to see if you're happy with it,
Then Submit Reply.

I usually keep my pix down to 800 wide.

It's just like eating lettuce... nothing to it. :)

Yep! thankx..got it. I've done that before, but I have to resize what I want to post; because it rejects too big of a size after I click Manage attachements.
I just wish there was a way to when I download the files (pics) from my camera...they could go through a program in the software that would let me download all at say 800 wide on the entire download.

I have to use ( "paint" ..Microsoft software ) to resize each photo.

Doesn't seem too difficult, and maybe that would be the way to go.
:mrgreen: Thanks Rick... :a1: I'll give it a try! :biggrin:

One of these days, I would love to get PhotoShop..
They say that is a great software for editing etc.
Jeepers...wait a minute Let me look! I have another software item for photo's on this computer somewhere..... leme look!!

OK! ... I found it. It's Adobe Photoshop Starter... I will dig into that and see what that will do for me!