What's Cooking NCT Sun. 2/3/2013 to Sat. 2/9/2013

belaine

Bottle Washer
Super Site Supporter
Barbecued Beef Sandwiches - actually did them in the oven yesterday, will shred and finish sauce today.
Cole Slaw
Guacamole & chips for appetizers

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Pizza using homemade Italian Bread dough, wings, celery and cherry tomatoes with ranch dressing.

Embryodad

OK.... Sometimes it is not good to go grocery shopping when one is hungry! Proven Fact....in this household.

Tina was at Costco...and there was a woman making pizza pies with cardboard crust, and tomato paste; with no cheese, or little cheese, and the entire pie shingled with tasteless sliced thin pepperoni.

pizzaandwings003_zps32741524.jpg

See the underneath the pepperoni...No cheese...Yuck!

pizzaandwings006_zpsff258e31.jpg

Then....She picked up some Hot Wings, and I am baking them on Low temp in the oven at 225º till they get crunchier than they are shown here. Dry and crunchie is the only way I will eat chicken

pizzaandwings002_zpsb57c4784.jpg

I ate One (1) slice of that pizza, and the rest will be animal feed tonight.:laugh:

PanchoHambre

LOL E.D. I dont think my response to any meal posted here before has been EEW!

I made a big batch of meatballs and sausage in "sunday sauce" for game day I spiced it up using hot sausage and adding some chili sauce to the meatball mix - I also left half the meatballs out of the sauce and baked them to reappear later in a curry :)

I am making eggplant parm with some of the sauce and smoked mozz for later in the week

Embryodad

LOL E.D. I dont think my response to any meal posted here before has been EEW!

I made a big batch of meatballs and sausage in "sunday sauce" for game day I spiced it up using hot sausage and adding some chili sauce to the meatball mix - I also left half the meatballs out of the sauce and baked them to reappear later in a curry :)

I am making eggplant parm with some of the sauce and smoked mozz for later in the week
Ha Ha ha .... Yeah! Right!

Just ate the wings... No Taste! They didn't salt them. Duhhh!!

The sauce & meatballs sounds good.

Right Now! ..... I could go for a Philly cheese Steak..wit ..
I need grease., Juice, and drippage, and gooey cheese.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Leftovers from this weekend's camping trip with my friends.

Pot roast, mashed taters and DW's great salad.

Dinner020313-1_zpsc3b05223.jpg

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I went to the chinese market and got a package of cut spare ribs. So tonight will be chinese BBQ ribs and I will also make some beef lo mein and maybe a couple of the egg rolls I froze last week.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I went to the chinese market and got a package of cut spare ribs. So tonight will be chinese BBQ ribs and I will also make some beef lo mein and maybe a couple of the egg rolls I froze last week.
So here it is sans the egg rolls. The ribs turned out really good.

Homemade Beef Lo Mein and BBQ Spare Ribs

020413_spare_ribs_beef_lo_mein_P1090751.jpg

Embryodad

Leftovers from this weekend's camping trip with my friends.

Pot roast, mashed taters and DW's great salad.

Dinner020313-1_zpsc3b05223.jpg
Looks delicious Joe! Camping?? Cabin? RV? Tent? Cave? hahahaha..

So here it is sans the egg rolls. The ribs turned out really good.

Homemade Beef Lo Mein and BBQ Spare Ribs

020413_spare_ribs_beef_lo_mein_P1090751.jpg

Awesome peep! our kind of doneness on the ribs.

No cooking here today. DD was over and cooked hamburgers for her BF. Then she made a cardboard pizza from Sams Club....Yuck!:yuk::yuk:

Tina is down Her Uncs in South Jersey and coming home tomorrow.

My tummy has been queezy today. I guess it was from the superbowl chicken wings. The grease got to me I guess.:yuk:

Tina gets our pork at the oriental market because it moves fast. If not...then Komensky's Market, in Duryea, PA. Thats where she gets the kielbasi and pork steaks (butt steaks ) .....He has beautiful pork.

Tomorrow I feel like having Corned beef. I have a head of Boc Choy that I will blanch and cook lightly. They say it is less gassy than cabbage.

Maybe I can get Tina to pick up a Rye Bread at the Acme market. Haaaaa....They have a Acme Market would you believe, in Mays Landing.
They get awesome rye bread at that store.
Watch,....they won't have it tomorrow. LOL
Forget finding rye bread here. Maybe Weis, if they bake it fresh. It's not too bad. I love the carroway seeds, but I can't have them any more with diverticulitus! Grrrrrrrr!!!!:sad:

I think I will do the corned beef in the crock pot :chef:nice and slow. Ummmm!!!
Then, I guess boiled potatoes with chives, parsely, and butter sauce. :readytoeat:

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Thank you Jimmy.

Now I want corned beef! LOL

The Shop-Rite bakery dept. where my hub works makes the BEST seeded rye bread around here. Better the the bakeries.

I am craving bacon and eggs. So that may be dinner tonight. Or corn and bacon waffles. LOL

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
angelhair w/ pesto, & fruit as dessert. (clementines.) wasn't awake early enough to thaw fish. or chix.

Embryodad

Simple Supper..

I made a boiled in beer corned beef...slow for 5 hours

There were potatoes too, but I didn't eat them.

Tinababy Came through with getting me the rye bread...at the Acme no less, and with no seeds. (cry) I love the seeds, but can not have. grrrr.

S A L T Y ....WoW!!!.... but tasty..:thumb:

Cornedbeef002_zpsf044f4f5.jpg

Shermie

Site Supporter
WOW!!

Gimmie some of that food, y'all!!! it ALL looks good!! Especially the pepperoni pizza and the wings!!

PanchoHambre

tonight was a thrown together Thai Curry with Tofu, Onions, Broccoli, and some fabulous Oyster Mushrooms that are somehow lost in the photo to the Celery which was a late addition when i realized it was too saucy but actually added a nice crunch and counter to the VERY HOT but super tasty coconut curry

DSCN0322_zps9de61e0e.jpg

I am in love with these little cans of curry paste I will make a new post about them

Embryodad

Holy Chit... that looks awesome....

Love the looks of the rice... I could taste the celery. I love celery, and it's not a gassy food for me.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
The plan is roast chicken, stuffing and/or roasted rosemary red potatoes, broccoli and gravy.

But things may change.

Miniman

Mini man - maxi food
Gold Site Supporter
tonight was a thrown together Thai Curry with Tofu, Onions, Broccoli, and some fabulous Oyster Mushrooms that are somehow lost in the photo to the Celery which was a late addition when i realized it was too saucy but actually added a nice crunch and counter to the VERY HOT but super tasty coconut curry

DSCN0322_zps9de61e0e.jpg

I am in love with these little cans of curry paste I will make a new post about them
I like that rice, what have you put in?

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I was wondering about the rice also.

Looks like maybe red pepper flakes and lime zest sprinkled on top as garnish.

Embryodad

What a day!

I am in a Num Num Mode / mood! LOL

Don't really know what I want for supper. There is cod in the freezer downstairs, and then again, I see visions of hot dogs with chili and cheese jumping on a bun, and teasing me to nosh down like 2 or 3.

Tina made a crust bought at Weis...and added tomatoes diced and cheese.
She forgot garlic flavor...and salt .....and oregano spice...and black pepper.
It was OK, but not good enough to grab another slice.

They make those pre baked crusts so thick. It's like eating a yellow sponge with tomato and cheese on top. Yaaaak!

Mountain man

Entree Cook
Gold Site Supporter
Baking a chicken breast casserole with cream of chicken soup and stuffing mix around the edges. Topped the chicken with some cheddar and sharp cheddar shredded on top. Will try to get a pic when it is done.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter

Roast chicken, roasted rosemary red potatoes and onions, steamed fresh broccoli and roasting pan gravy

020613_roast_chicken_P1090753.jpg

Last edited:

Embryodad

It was a Super Supper tonight!

Tina was on a different tangent with what she wanted, but we were all happy and full.

I was wishing for Hot Dogs with pickle relish, and hot pickles on the side....

PizzaBananaBreadandHotDogs005_zpsb6ac0331.jpg

For Lunch...Tina put together a Yucky pre crust pizza. Doctored up!

PizzaBananaBreadandHotDogs001_zps3be9c2c5.jpg

She made a Great Amish Banana Bread...

PizzaBananaBreadandHotDogs003_zps148d431a.jpg

PizzaBananaBreadandHotDogs006_zpsa6935582.jpg

She had a Frozen Stouffers Mac & Cheese

PizzaBananaBreadandHotDogs008_zps0791c3d8.jpg

Embryodad

Roast chicken, roasted rosemary red potatoes and onions, steamed fresh broccoli and roasting pan gravy

020613_roast_chicken_P1090753.jpg

Looking Mighty Comforting, and delicious Peep!
That chix looks well done! Yum! I would eat that!!:D

I love potatoes like that, but Tina is a mashed potato Girl. My DILMakes the roasted taters like that, and They are tastier with the skins left on like that!:thumb:

Darn.... I could go for a mess of those potatoes with roast beef...and all smothered with gravy.
Corn Bread to sop up the juices. hahahahaha :a1:

PanchoHambre

that gravy looks fantastic Peep

tonight i really did not feel like cooking I did take a much needed inventory of the larder (LOL it's like 3 cabinets and i still found things I had forgotten about and others i had duplicated) and just made a salad over left over salad fixings from earlier in the week and some remnant tofu - made a soy/ginger/chili/citrus salad dressing - just nice light meal i needed + a cup of miso i am about to have
DSCN0334_zps76165fc4.jpg