Monkey Bread ??

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
.......is this what monkey bread is supposed to look like ?

MonkeyBread010.jpg

Last edited:

AllenOK

Well, the stuff my Mom used to make didn't have the nuts, but otherwise, looks like it to me?

If'n I bring the homemade vanilla bean ice cream, can we share?

Miniman

Mini man - maxi food
Gold Site Supporter
Looks a bit like the one we used to make. We had it as a big mound and the coatings were a bit more syrupy and used sultanas rather than nuts.

It seemed to me that the dough balls didn't fill the pan enough, but it's good..
I just had no clue as to what it was supposed to look like:unsure:

http://netcookingtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14330

Yep. That's what I vaguely remember. (It's been a while.) Used to use refrigerated (buttermilk) biscuits, but made two rows. That would fill the pan more. One was Gorilla bread - each biscuit had a pat of cream cheese in the center. Another, was an Italian Monkey Bread. The biscuits were dunked in melted butter, Italian seasoning & parmesan cheese.

Yours looks delish!:bounce:

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Yep, that looks great, Lucky!

It's also called "Pull Apart Bread", because, if you want, you can just pull off one ball at a time to eat.

I made a blueberry one a few years ago, but can't find the picture.

Lee

QuirkyCookery

Yep, more or less. It varies depending on the recipe and pan. What I make is a cross between yours and what Carolina just posted a picture of.

And I love using refrigerated canned biscuits for it, hehe.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Yes, Lucky! It's a pile of delicious dough balls which have been rolled in sweetness (or savory) and baked.

Here's one of my Blueberry Monkey Breads.

Lee

Attachments

• Blueberrymonkeybread.jpg
    Blueberrymonkeybread.jpg
    5.1 KB · Views: 79