Wednesday, 3/16/2011, Whats on the menu today?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I am bored!! I have no clue what dinner will be. I have ingredients to make from pancakes, eggs & bacon, potatoes, steak, broccoli, salad or pasta. I could mix and match some but I just have no inspiration. It will be dinner surprise tonight! LOL It will surprise me what I will choose.

Any plans?

Leni

The Dept of Parks and Rec has called a meeting tonight at 6:30 to discuss their vision for the community gardens. Maybe we'll finally find out what they are going to charge for them. In any event it will probably be leftovers so we can be there a little early. I'll need to water the tomatoes that I just planted a few days ago. I have no doubt that they'll charge less that the $120 they were talking about. Just how much they'll back down will interesting to find out. It has been $25 a plot for several years.

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
We've been invited to a friend's house for corned beef and cabbage. Although I'm not Irish, I know how well this meal goes with their beer. :)

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Meat ravioli topped with tomato burgundy sauce and fresh grated Parmesan and Romano cheeses and butter lettuce, red leaf lettuce, vine tomato, cucumber and sliced almonds dressed with homemade buttermilk ranch dressing.

031611_ravioli_burgungy_tomato.jpg

031611_salad.jpg

Last edited:

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
For someone who felt uninspired, your dinner turned out great, Peeps. Yum yum yum. We're having burgers here tonight, with fries. Just getting ready to start dinner....

SilverSage

Resident Crone
I was going to make chips & guac to go with the mojitos before dinner, but the avocado didn't cooperate. I cut it open and it was all brown. Felt perfect from the outside - I hate when that happens!

SO we settled for chips & salsa with the mojitos.

rellenos 005.jpg

I put just a touch of cinnamon in the sauce - it really added something.

rellenos 013.jpg

Inside was just cheese, onions, jalapenos, oozing out.

rellenos 016.jpg

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
For someone who felt uninspired, your dinner turned out great, Peeps. Yum yum yum. We're having burgers here tonight, with fries. Just getting ready to start dinner....
Thank you Karen. I want a burger and fries now.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I was going to make chips & guac to go with the mojitos before dinner, but the avocado didn't cooperate. I cut it open and it was all brown. Felt perfect from the outside - I hate when that happens!

SO we settled for chips & salsa with the mojitos.

View attachment 10676

I put just a touch of cinnamon in the sauce - it really added something.

View attachment 10677

Inside was just cheese, onions, jalapenos, oozing out.

View attachment 10678
Your dinner looks very tasty SS. I have never stuffed one of those before.

Cuisinette

I haven't done anything for dinner. We were out all day, we are buying a new house.

I grabbed some pineapple and french bread (I know it is my weird thing), boyfriend found some veggie omelette and some gravy and biscuits, we are tired and ready for bed, but happy we finally got the contract on the house signed by Fannie Mae.

All your dishes sound and look fantastic... and can't wait to try some of your ideas in my new kitchen.

Leni

We are dead tired. The meeting went until 8:00 and then of course there are the individual discussions afterwards which I am guilty of. Some people just didn't understand the purpose of the meeting which was to get our comments. Sigh!!!

Dinner was Stoffers chipped beef on toast with green beans and corn. I am headed to bed. We finished the blueberry cobbler that I made last night. It is a keeper and I'll have to post the recipe. Really very easy. It would work with a lot of different fruits.

Night Night All. Talk to you tomorrow.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Crazy day yesterday so didn't get a dinner pic posted. Had to get DW's car into the shop after work and pickup a rental due to a recent backing accident by DD #1 (not the world's most focused driver:whistling:), then both of us had appointments/meetings last night. DD #2 comes in from Orlando tonight with her boyfriend for Alexa's baptism on Sunday (Alexa will be wearing the baptismal gown worn by DW & both DD's). Tonight will be even busier getting tables & chairs to DD's home (40 minute drive each way) for the party, and prepping our house for out-of-town guests. This is good busy, IMO.

Quick and easy stir fry pork that I embellished with a can of bean sprouts (for some reason those sprouts are eye-catching to me as well as adding some nice texture). There were actually more veggies than meat in this dish. Some vegetable fried rice and a tossed salad and we called it a meal. (The picture is not out of focus. That is steam because I plated and quickly took the pic because we were in a hurry.)

Dinner031611.jpg

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Crazy day yesterday so didn't get a dinner pic posted. Had to get DW's car into the shop after work and pickup a rental due to a recent backing accident by DD #1 (not the world's most focused driver:whistling:), then both of us had appointments/meetings last night. DD #2 comes in from Orlando tonight with her boyfriend for Alexa's baptism on Sunday (Alexa will be wearing the baptismal gown worn by DW & both DD's). Tonight will be even busier getting tables & chairs to DD's home (40 minute drive each way) for the party, and prepping our house for out-of-town guests. This is good busy, IMO.

Quick and easy stir fry pork that I embellished with a can of bean sprouts (for some reason those sprouts are eye-catching to me as well as adding some nice texture). There were actually more veggies than meat in this dish. Some vegetable fried rice and a tossed salad and we called it a meal. (The picture is not out of focus. That is steam because I plated and quickly took the pic because we were in a hurry.)

Dinner031611.jpg
Looks Yummy Joe!!