Remy's outside of Fenway Park, Boston

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Went in to the Sox-Yankees game yesterday with two of my friends, Babs and Louise.

My boss told me that Remy’s was a nice place, so we decided to try it (Jerry Remy is the Sox color announcer on New England Sports Channel). It’s at the back side of Fenway Park, about 2 blocks from Cask ‘n Flagon.

We got there early and the bar area was full, so we got a table in the dining section (an hour later, the entire place was packed).

The atmosphere IS nice. A step up from the Flagon, and maybe three steps up from our beloved dive, “Who’s on First?” Tables, booths, banquets, open-air tables, enormous TVs everywhere.

Plenty of good things on the menu, and the prices were very reasonable for the area. The food was maybe a B, and the service was a C-. All in all, I’d go there again if someone else wanted to, but I wouldn’t rush back.

Louise had a pastrami and swiss on marbeled rye (which was not toasted!), Babs had a Benedict burger, which included Canadian bacon, a fried egg and Hollandaise! I had three burger sliders which were just so-so, not as good as either Pearl St. Station in Malden or Bell in Hand in Faneuil Hall. The fried pickles that came with their sandwiches were not good (cold and soggy), but the french fries were very hot and crunchy and delicious.

The game was fantastic, as was the weather, but standing room tickets are hard on “ladies of a certain age” and, since every frigging person on the Eastern seaboard showed up for the game last night, our standing for hours and hours was tough on our feet, legs and backs.

This was the first time in over 10 years that we’ve had to stand for the whole game. The last time we did, it was also a Sox-Yankees game.

But, the weather was perfect and the Sox won, and it was a good day/night out!

Lee

Attachments

• Remy's 1.JPG
    Remy's 1.JPG
    113.8 KB · Views: 16
  • Remy's 2.JPG
    Remy's 2.JPG
    124.5 KB · Views: 16
  • Pastrami and Swiss.JPG
    Pastrami and Swiss.JPG
    86.6 KB · Views: 16
  • Benedict burger.JPG
    Benedict burger.JPG
    76.6 KB · Views: 16
  • Beef sliders.JPG
    Beef sliders.JPG
    102.9 KB · Views: 16
  • Louise and stilt guy.JPG
    Louise and stilt guy.JPG
    133.6 KB · Views: 16

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
Looks like fun, Lee! I really would like a bite of that Benedict burger....thanks for sharing it with us.

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
Oh, you make my mouth water!! I miss so much of the food from back east.
I love Landsdown street behind the stadium for a good sausage and pepper sandwich, too!

cookingirl

I love Fenway!! I was always wondering about Remy's..Pass by it so often...have you ever tried "The Dugout'? I think that is the name.It is kind of attached to the park and you can have a drink and watch the game thru the wall....at least that is what I have heard....could be some tall tales, though...:blob_blue: