Having a hard time choosing candy molds ....

chocolate moose

Super Site Supporter
I like candy but I like my health too. So I started buying the big "62% or more cacao bars" to make my own candy.

Peanut butter balls are my favorite, and the 2nd is melted chocolate with dried fruit. Nothing fussy.

So, I took out my chocolate molds from when I had little kids and thought I'd mold chocolate for a living (ha, being a legal secretary pays the bills better) and gave away most of the holiday and Happy Birthday ones. I kept some and kept the ones that have 12 cavities to a sheet.

An ounce of chocolate molds to about 4 candies. It's messy to fill that many and I'd rather just eat 1 or 2 to fulfill my 1 ounce every day allotment.

So - I want to order new molds, but I don't know sizes very well - I see molds with cavities 3 inches by 1 1/2 inches. Is that going to be huge and ungainly to eat? Those are rectangular and 4 on a sheet.

The other molds I'm looking at, are 6 on a sheet, and are 1 3/4 inch by 1 inch, and 2 inches by 2 3/4 inch (both rectangle shapes).

Thanks.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I'm sorry, CM, but I have no idea.

I'm trying to think of any of my friends who may be able to help, but all of my friends are "savory", not "sweet", people.

Lee

Moxie

How about something like this? It's very inexpensive, and you can break off any size you want.

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Break-Apart-Hard-Candy-Mold/dp/B0008D6R4W/ref=sr_1_cc_1?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1393410873&sr=1-1-catcorr&keywords=candy+mold+break+apart[/ame]