Net Cooking Talk

Go Back   Net Cooking Talk > Cooking Talk Forums > What's Cooking Forum

Old 10-02-2010, 02:53 PM
Restaurant Chef

Thanked 3,004 Times in 1,410 Posts
lilbopeep will become famous soon enoughlilbopeep will become famous soon enough
Style: Gonzo
Default Re: What are we eating 9/28/10?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MexicoKaren View Post
Peeps, I swear if I were closer, I would have been on your doorstep tonight, begging for some of that beautiful roast beef. Or maybe some of Mama's Salisbury steak - she's not quite as far away. And BRUSSELS SPROUTS? Yum, yum, yum.

I've been having a conversation with Keltin, over on his random cooking thread, about loose meat sandwiches - the existence of which I had not a clue. So, following his instructions, that's what I made for dinner. I discovered a whole new wrinkle on ground beef, and per his instructions, I steamed it, with some onions and seasonings (Worcestershire sauce, garlic and onion powders, a little seasoned salt.) Then hollowed out some buns, applied some mayo to the inside, piled the meat in there (OK, I was not being authentic, but I put some cheese in there, too.) and added mustard to the tops, along with some dill pickles. Served with a salad, and we both decreed them to be very very delicious.
Thank you Karen!!

Your dinner looks yummy!!

Hey do I spy McCormick's Perfect Pinch Salad Supreme topping your salad? We my girl and I love that stuff!!

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Never explain yourself. Your friends don't need it and your enemies won't believe it anyway.
Old 10-02-2010, 05:00 PM
Joyfully Retired

MexicoKaren is on a distinguished road
Default Re: What are we eating 9/28/10?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbopeep
Hey do I spy McCormick's Perfect Pinch Salad Supreme topping your salad?
Yep, that's what it is, all right...I found some at Walmart the other day and had to pay 77 pesos for it (about $6 in US money), but it was worth it. Very pretty and also tasty.

Tags
dinner, dinner ideas, menu ideas, supper, supper ideas