Counter Top Turkey Deep Fryer

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Now that is interesting, I have the old style crawfish boil/turkey fryer type for out doors.

Attachments

• bayou_classic_80qt.jpg
    bayou_classic_80qt.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 143
  • outdoor_stove.jpg
    outdoor_stove.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 133

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I saw Paula Deen on Mike Huckabee last night Joe, and she mentioned having one.
The downside is, they'll only do a 12-14 lb bird.
The upside is, it takes very little time, and you could do two on Thanksgiving morning if you're feeding a large crowd.

Shermie

Site Supporter
Heres what mine looks like. It accommodates up to a 14-pounder.

Only used it once, mainly because it requires an astronomical amount of oil, which can really be expensive, especially peanut oil! :neutral:

But it can also be used to steam & boil veggies and do large clambakes!

Attachments

• Turk'N'Surf Electric Turkey Fryer..jpg
    Turk'N'Surf Electric Turkey Fryer..jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 198
Last edited:

Shermie

Site Supporter
I saw Paula Deen on Mike Huckabee last night Joe, and she mentioned having one.
The downside is, they'll only do a 12-14 lb bird.
The upside is, it takes very little time, and you could do two on Thanksgiving morning if you're feeding a large crowd.

I saw her show Saturday, and the boys were using one like mine above. So were Pat & Gina Neely.

joec

Gold Site Supporter
I smoke 10 to 12 lb birds and can do two in my smoker. I've only fried one turkey in my life using the one I posted. The pot is 80 qts so it will take a pretty large bird. I have a 60 qt pot also and they are cheap enough to get up to a 100 qt and still work with the burner since it is a small jet engine. I'm not much on turkey in general personally so I only make them by request such as Thanksgiving. I have friends coming in from Texas over the week and they loved the last smoked turkey I made last year. They have become my 3 times a year house guests though I've know them for going on 40 years now. Charles and I owned the Karate school together when I lived in Texas.

Shermie

Site Supporter
My dear late brother had the propane-powered one like the one that you posted above. His widow uses it now. His oldest son has one also!

joec

Gold Site Supporter
I lived in Texas and Louisiana for a decade so it was a must have for any respecting citizen to have one for crawfish boils and such.

Shermie

Site Supporter
Here's something that I just happened to come across on one of those infommercials or paid programs. It costs $159.00.

It's called the Butterball Turkey Fryer. It can accommodate up to a 14-pounder like mine above, and it is made by the same co. that made mine, Masterbuilt. Tried to get a pic of it, but the blasted website wouldn't let me! It's even called Turk N' Surf - same name as mine. This must be the newer version of mine. So here's the link.

Go here:

http://www.butterballturkeyfryer.com .

Last edited:

Shermie

Site Supporter
Oops!

Just realised that it's the same in in the link posted above. But I DID see it on TV just now.