Proscuitto Truffle Butter Asparagus Spears

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
This was based on a recipe that Robert Irvine made on a Dinner Impossible episode.

He used breadsticks instead of asparagus spears, but I already had an appetizer using bread, so I went with asparagus.

BIG hit!

You can omit the white truffle oil, but I have some, so I did use it (love it!)

Proscuitto Truffle Butter Asparagus Spears

2 teaspoons chopped parsley leaves
2 teaspoons chopped chives
Salt and freshly ground white pepper
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened (1 stick)
4 tablespoons white truffle oil
1 bunch fresh asparagus

1/4 cup grated Parmesan
1/2 pound prosciutto, thinly sliced

Cut tough ends off of asparagus. Steam asparagus for 10 minutes.

Mix parsley, chives, salt and white pepper with softened butter and truffle oil. Spread some butter mixture around the middle of each asparagus spear . Roll in Parmesan, then wrap a slice of prosciutto over the buttered and cheesed section of each spear, leaving the asparagus tip exposed and the end of the spear as a handle.

Attachments

• Asparagus, truffle butter, prosciutto.JPG
    Asparagus, truffle butter, prosciutto.JPG
    118.5 KB · Views: 126

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
Oh my gosh, that looks outstanding. I can just imagine the wonderful mix of flavors when you bite into that asparagus and prosciutto. Beautiful plate overall.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
That looks divine!

DO you have a pic of the entire platter of appys?

Do I have a picture????

I could make a coffee table book out of the pictures I've taken of our ancient appetizer platter over the years!! LOL!

I went with lighter appys this year.

In addition to the asparagus spears, I made:

- Christmas Pinwheels (cream cheese, olives and red pepper wrapped in green and red wraps - I posted this in a separate thread)

- Smoked salmon on toasted party pumpernickle, spread with a mixture of cream cheese, fresh dill, minced red onion, chopped capers. I put all the things I like to top smoked salmon with, in the cream cheese, so nothing would fall off!

- Spanikopita (bought frozen from Trader Joe's)

Lee

Attachments

• Christmas 2010 platter.JPG
    Christmas 2010 platter.JPG
    134 KB · Views: 110

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
Looks great Lee! Love the plate as well. What are the triangley things?

Signed, appetizer literate one.

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
Oops! Also one that does not read before he speaks. I thought the pinwheels came from trader Joes. The Spanikopita are the trianley things. I'll go back to my cave now. LOL

buckytom

Grill Master
i could certainly subsist on that, qsis!!! :chef:

that looks delicious. prosciutto and asparagus with butter is a beautiful thing, but why not gild refined gold, or paint the lily.

i need to get some truffle oil, screw the lillies... :wink:

I could eat a whole plate of asparagus wrapped in prosciutto or ham. I may make asparagus wrapped in smoked salmon w/ horseradish/sour cream & caper dipping sauce in the near future. The plattter looks festive when you alternate green & white asparagus. Thanks for sharing.

Last edited:

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
woah, i would luv theose, i figure, & next visit 2 the 'iggle, i'm either replenishing my truffle oil &/or replenishing my pre-made truffle butter supply~ now i'll have a use 4 that other than the usuals! thanx, lee~

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
... replenishing my truffle oil &/or replenishing my pre-made truffle butter supply~ now i'll have a use 4 that other than the usuals! thanx, lee~

Hey, luvs ... what are your usuals?

I could use more ideas!

Thanks!

Lee

LETHAL GTS

I was at a customer appreciation party the other night and they served something very similar. They were awesome.