Got cheap hot dogs?

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Fry 'em up in a little butter!

I usually buy a couple of high quality hot dogs (Pearl or Mapleleaf brands) at the deli, but they were out of both, so I got some crummy little dogs.

Instead of steaming them as I normally do, I added a little more flavor to my cheapo dogs by frying them in some butter, the way my folks did for us when we were kids.

Damn! Brought back memories!

Lee

Attachments

• Hot dogs in butter.JPG
    Hot dogs in butter.JPG
    121.8 KB · Views: 1,071

Shermie

Site Supporter
I only eat Ball Park hot dogs. I have to have them boiled to take out some of the salt.

Last edited:

chilefarmer

I like the all beef dogs, but will eat any kind. You have those looking really good. I also like them cooked most anyway but boiled. CF:)

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
curious.

DW demands the classic Oscar Myer brand.

I'm partial to Ball Park.

so I bought some Ball Park - the texture is just weird. not previously a problem...dunno what 'changed'

but I am very fond of the boiled version....

Leni

I will slice them length wise and fry in bacon dripping. I make a sandwich with them with sauerkraut and mustard.

Ian M.

Leni - Now that sounds like mighty good eating! I love kraut and to put it on top of good fried dogs and slather with mustard - Yum!

Ian :bounce:

Leni

Leni - Now that sounds like mighty good eating! I love kraut and to put it on top of good fried dogs and slather with mustard - Yum!

Ian :bounce:
I fry them in a cast iron skillet that I inherited from my grandmother. Put all of that on rye bread. A little horse radish doesn't hurt either. As a matter of fact, what is your favorite hot dog?

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
OK Leni - Double Yummmmmmm.

I roll my own horseradish. I have it growing in the back yard. Every time I need some, I pull a root skin it throw it in the food processor with a bit of vinegar and ready to go.

LADawg

OK Leni - Double Yummmmmmm.

I roll my own horseradish. I have it growing in the back yard. Every time I need some, I pull a root skin it throw it in the food processor with a bit of vinegar and ready to go.

I hope you open a window or two when you make the horseradish......:hotdog:

Ian M.

I fry them in a cast iron skillet that I inherited from my grandmother. Put all of that on rye bread. A little horse radish doesn't hurt either. As a matter of fact, what is your favorite hot dog?

Hebrew National - those are really good and DW insists on them. I, also, like the horseradish along with the kraut. Makes one lots of fun to be around afterward, too.

Ian :yum:

rocket_j_dawg

Nathan's are my favorite but the only place I can find them sells out fast. I'm not sure if Hebrew National is available up here. My second choice would be Oscar Meyers all beef and then Shopsy's.

Sent from my Arc using Tapatalk