Brats with Peppers and Onions with a Mustard Beer Sauce over Jasmine Rice

Deelady

Brats with Peppers and Onions with a Mustard Beer Sauce over Jasmine Rice

1 Pkg Brats
garlic powder
seasoning salt
celery salt
1/2 vadalia onion cut into slices
medley of bell peppers (I used approx 1 cup frozen)
Olive oil
1 bottle beer (Summer Ale Pilsner)
1-2 TB butter
1 TB Grainy Mustard
1 TB BBQ sauce
corn starch slurry to thicken (1 tsp corn starch mixed with 2-3 TB water)
salt and pepper to taste
Cooked Rice of choice

To prep, slice brats into 1 inch pieces and onions into slices. Put Brats, onions and light coating of olive oil in saute pan. Season with garlic powder, seasoning salt, celery salt and a splash of beer.
Simmer on medium heat covered until onions are soft and meat begins to cook. Remove cover and continue to Saute onions and brats until golden brown. Remove onions and set aside. Continue to cook meat until cooked through. Add peppers and onions to the brats until warmed through. Remove with slotted spoon and set aside leaving any pan juices in saute pan.
Add to pan juices approx 1 cup of beer. Allow to simmer a few minute until slightly reduced. Add mustard, butter, BBQ sauce, salt/ pepper and slowly add a small amout of corn starch slurryuntil desired consistency is reached.
To serve: Top serving of cooked rice with Brats and peppers. Spoon mustard sauce over the top. Enjoy!

food217.jpg

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
OMG!!! I WANT that! That looks incredible Dee! You have made me so hungry! Got any left-overs??? :thumb:

Deelady

Thanks Keltin but sorry it wasn't tonights dinner so no...no left overs ;)

But last time I made it we couldnt stop eating it so we didn't have left overs then either....:lol:

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Can't blame you! That looks amazing. This is now on my short list and I'll be making it soon!! Thanks! Man, I can't wait!! :lol:

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Oh boy oh boy OH BOY!!!

I've got a package of brats in the freezer, some dark beer alcohol-free beer that I don't know what to do with, and everything else but the peppers!

This is perfect, Dee!

Lee

joec

Gold Site Supporter
These do look good Dee. I make mine similar in that I cut up onions and bell peppers but add 2 beers (Amber Bock is what I use) with a whole stick of butter (real butter). I let is simmer for 30 to 45 minuets on medium low heat then remove the brats and brown slowly on medium low heat. I serve them on good hot dog buns with mustard and the peppers and onions as a topping. But I will try this method also though don't eat them any more that often unless I get the sausage fresh.

Deelady

Thanks Cooksie and Joe :)

I wish we had a place to easiely get them fresh Joe at least one that doesnt charge an arm and a leg!

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I made this tonight, Dee - wonderful Fall supper!

Thanks for the recipe!

Lee

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Ummmmm that looks so good Dee. Somehow I missed it first time around ...thanks for the bump.
I love seeing the title in new posts, that alone makes my mouth water. :D

Deelady

Oh really Lee!?! I'm so glad you liked it! What did you think of the sauce? I know a few were leary of a beer and mustard sauce.

Thanks LS and Doc :)

K

Kimchee

I'm gonna have to try these sometime when my wife isn't eating at home.
She hears "mustard" in a sauce and it's off the table, so to speak. Sigh.

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
I'm sitting here in the restaurant, lots of food delivered today, only a half bag of Zapp's chips available...and your brats are the first thing I looked at since a half of a sunrise muffin this morning at 7am.

I want it. It looks wonderful!!!!

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
What did you think of the sauce? I know a few were leary of a beer and mustard sauce.

:)

I thought the flavors were fantastic! I used the whole grain mustard and and oatmeal stout beer (all of it!). The addition of BBQ sauce was inspired, since it added a smoky and sweet flavor to the sauce.

Excellent!

Lee

Deelady

Awesome Lee! Thank you for your feedback on it! I'm so glad you liked it! :D

And thanks Kimchee, Vera and Peeps! All this talk about them is making me want to make them again!