What's Cooking NCT Sun. 1/6/2013 to Sat. 1/12/2013

Embryodad

Sunday... was a Rump roast Tina made.
DD made sausage and meatballs...and we had spaghetti with it.

The kids all ate here...and DS and DIL are staying overnight so they can shower in the morning before work.

Finally they got well water back, and Jim Jr was flushing it to clean up the muddy water during the day. It's clean enough, but he is going to install a filtering system tomorrow after work. $100.00 for a filter, sure beats $23,000.00 FOR DRILLING A NEW WELL AND CASING! Gawwwwwk!

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I have sweet and sour chicken and jasmine rice planned for tonight.

PanchoHambre

this week I am very busy after work and also did not grocery shop over the weekend so I will be relying on the freezer - tonight a green tomato/lentil curry that I recall was tasty hopefully good the second time around too.

Embryodad

I got some stuff for the celebration of "La Bafana"... DD and Tina bought me little gifts for the day of the Good Witch!

MrsGrass001_zpse23912f4.jpg

We had the Mrs. Grass' Chicken soup for supper.

MrsGrass003_zpsbcbc134d.jpg

We all got little gifts on Sunday. LOL... NOW the Holidays are Over!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKBLsGS3xfY"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKBLsGS3xfY[/ame]

Embryodad

What is with the Bar Keeper's Friend? I thought that was for cleaning and shining up things. :huh:

I'm about to start making some chili for chili dogs tonight. :cooking:

The barkeepers friend was just one of the gifts to me.

They all know how I like all my pots clean and shiny.
The other cooks in this house (and I won't mention names) are so abusive with pots and pans.

I appreciate a good cooking utinsels, and when I clean my pots, I even clean the bottoms; not just the inside like the "Others" in this house.

I can't stand pot abuse! LOL:twak:

Chili Dogs sound really good Sherman. Ummm!!

Shermie

Site Supporter

The other cooks in this house (and I won't mention names) are so abusive with pots and pans.

I appreciate a good cooking utinsels, and when I clean my pots, I even clean the bottoms; not just the inside like the "Others" in this house.

Thanx!!

I take good care of my Emerilware Stainless Steel Cookware as well!!

You only live once, and if you have the best cookware set that you can afford, then you might as well take good care of it, because no one else is going to take care of it, nor will they buy you another one!!! :bbq:

Last edited:

Cooksie

Site Supporter

:hide: Guilty! I don't always scrub the bottoms until they're spic and span.

I'm planning on making chicken enchiladas tonight.

Embryodad

:hide: Guilty! I don't always scrub the bottoms until they're spic and span.

I'm planning on making chicken enchiladas tonight.
Ha Ha Ha Ha ha ..... Sometimes I don't right away / instantly. But I do some nights, sit at the sink and do a field day on them.

The problem...is when DD or DW cook, they don't stay in the kitchen, and they create boil overs. I could never have a clean cooktop unless they are away for a couple days.

I'm not perfect, but if I have a boilover (like with potatoes boiling ) I just move to another burner, and then clean up the burned food off the burner that boiled over.
They don't. They cook until it bakes onto the burners and top. Then it's a bugger to get off. LOL

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Four cheese, whole wheat ravioli, salad, garlic toast from my Italian hoagie rolls and a glass of Shiraz. I feel like the fatted calf.

Dinner010813.jpg

Embryodad

Nothing great for supper today.

For some reason, the belly aches today?
Had a piece of cake Tina made, and a couple crackers with peanutbutter.
Lunch..."T" made pepperoni and cheese rolled up in those Grands Blue Tube rolls!
They were awefull sweet, and greasy! Disected the darn thing, and ate the pepperoni and cheese after it set and hardened a bit.
Tina wasn't too happy with it either.

It wasn't picture friendly either! ....

Cooksie

Site Supporter
That does look good, Joe. I just love my ravioli maker, so easy.

Tonight is Hawaiian chicken.....might start clucking :chicken:.

Shermie

Site Supporter
I got a pasta machine, but i still have yet to use it to do any pasta with it!!!

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Sherman, those ravioli makers are under $20, and since you're the King of Kitchen Toys :mrgreen:, you might really enjoy using one.

Shermie

Site Supporter
Sherman, those ravioli makers are under $20, and since you're the King of Kitchen Toys :mrgreen:, you might really enjoy using one.

Hah!!! You saw my sig!!!

What do they look like? Something that reembles the thing that you would use to seal the two crusts on an apple or bluebery pie?

Can you post a pic of one, please? :cooking:

Shermie

Site Supporter
Is THIS what you mean? :smile:

Attachments

• ravioli_maker430.jpg
    ravioli_maker430.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 1,496

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Here's what I bought:

DellaDonnaRavioliForm.jpg

I don't know, but the one in your pic is probably more expensive.