What's Cooking - Sun, July 22 thru Sat, July 28, 2012

Embryodad

Which is why my gut still feels like the Goodyear blimp 5 hrs later.
Ugh.
Sass.... if I ate that now, I would be like the Hindenberg. I would blow up from the gas just like it did! L O L ..( Laughing at me gassed up; not the disaster )
Come to think of it...they were kind of stupid using hydrogen gas in a ballon like that!
I guess if they used Helium, they would all talk like Mickey and Minie Mouse!

I don't know! I think I better get to sleep.

I just had a bowl of nut and oats and raisins and filled the bowl over the top cause I slipped. Had the milk in first so there was no puttin it back in the box.
I think it says one serving = 3/4 cup on the box. Cheepers, I must have eaten 2-1/2 cups of it! It'll either Block me up, or blow me up from gas.

I should have flushed half in the toilet, but I didn't want to block that jewel!

Embryodad

jimmy! why must u be so:yum::yum:.
God Bless the guy.
I don't know!!... maybe I should move to a Health Forum where I could talk about Gass, Bloating, and Constipation.
For golly's sakes...I'm a darn expert at the subject. Experience is golden!!

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
After a nice savory dinner, I was looking for something sweet. Passing the counter I noticed that the bananas had reached their peak, and if not eaten soon they would become banana bread. So, I grabbed a banana, the Moose Tracks ice cream from the freezer, some chocolate syrup, whipped cream, maraschino cherries and a Kit-Kat candy bar. The rest is history...big smile on the face history. :lol:

Moosetracksbananasundae.jpg

Shermie

Site Supporter
Still earing the leftover pot roast.

And it IS too hot to cook, Mama! I'm not getting back in front of the stove until this torridly hot weather subsides!!

Embryodad

After a nice savory dinner, I was looking for something sweet. Passing the counter I noticed that the bananas had reached their peak, and if not eaten soon they would become banana bread. So, I grabbed a banana, the Moose Tracks ice cream from the freezer, some chocolate syrup, whipped cream, maraschino cherries and a Kit-Kat candy bar. The rest is history...big smile on the face history. :lol:

Moosetracksbananasundae.jpg
Joe!....If you were looking for sweet, You sure as heck found it there!!

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I have to cook the eggplant and stuff the rest of my mushrooms but if it's hot again I will cry!! LOL

Embryodad

I have to cook the eggplant and stuff the rest of my mushrooms but if it's hot again I will cry!! LOL
Don't Give up peep! Get that Eggplant cooked! Think COOL! LOL

Oh! I found the pics of peeps eggplant that I made the other day!

haaaa...they were in the OTHER Camera, and NOT in the one I downloaded to the computer!..... I'm losin it peep! L O L

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Don't Give up peep! Get that Eggplant cooked! Think COOL! LOL

Oh! I found the pics of peeps eggplant that I made the other day!

haaaa...they were in the OTHER Camera, and NOT in the one I downloaded to the computer!..... I'm losin it peep! L O L
UT OH!!

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I had taco soup last night. I've got my heart set on fried catfish for tonight, but I just fried shrimp not too many days ago. We'll see, the devil may make me do it :mrgreen:

Embryodad

I made these for dear sweet Tinababy.

Just a simple browned in oil zuchinni, and some home made easy Gnocchi's.

We ate already...I just had a little bit, and I will have a super sized snack later this evening.

I just love my electric skillet for cooking. Stainless steel, and temperature controlled.
Perfect for those just in case the doorbell rings, and the food is cooking, and not so easily burned.

8c7fc276.jpg

No sauce.......just the olive oil drizzled on top with some cheese over the Gnocchi and zuchinni. Just salt and pepper. No garlic or onion. Just a garden flavor, Period!

888513f1.jpg

DW had no trouble getting that down the old tummy, and now she is sleeping like a baby in the EZ chair watching the TV set!

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Oh geez Joe.....that looks delicious!

How sweet of you Jimmy! Looks yummy!

We were out and about so we just picked up some Chick-fil-a.

Squirrel

Mess Cook
Site Supporter
Peeps! That just looks insane delicious! Woohoo! I'd hit that even on a Sunday!

The gnocchi looks amazing as well. I gotta make that some day. Glad Tinababy enjoyed it.

:wow::wow::wow::wow:

Last edited:

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I made these for dear sweet Tinababy.

Just a simple browned in oil zuchinni, and some home made easy Gnocchi's.

We ate already...I just had a little bit, and I will have a super sized snack later this evening.

I just love my electric skillet for cooking. Stainless steel, and temperature controlled.
Perfect for those just in case the doorbell rings, and the food is cooking, and not so easily burned.

8c7fc276.jpg

No sauce.......just the olive oil drizzled on top with some cheese over the Gnocchi and zuchinni. Just salt and pepper. No garlic or onion. Just a garden flavor, Period!

888513f1.jpg

DW had no trouble getting that down the old tummy, and now she is sleeping like a baby in the EZ chair watching the TV set!

That looks awesome Jimmy!!

Peeps! That just looks insane delicious! Woohoo! I'd hit that even on a Sunday!

The gnocchi looks amazing as well. I gotta make that some day. Glad Tinababy enjoyed it.

:wow::wow::wow::wow:
Thank you Squirrel.

Embryodad

Thanks Squirrel and peeps.

Peeps...you came through with the ultimate e/p/p/.

The pics are good. I am just sitting here and looking...and looking.

I was thinking....I have three zuchinni, and I am willing to bet I can cut them in bias slices, and bread them like e/p. ??? My mom used to make like sticks out of z and bread them and fry them.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Thanks Squirrel and peeps.

Peeps...you came through with the ultimate e/p/p/.

The pics are good. I am just sitting here and looking...and looking.

I was thinking....I have three zuchinni, and I am willing to bet I can cut them in bias slices, and bread them like e/p. ??? My mom used to make like sticks out of z and bread them and fry them.
Thank you Jimmy!

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Tonight will be something with hot dogs. I have 2 variations in mind just need to choose:

Variation 1) Cut into coins and sautéed in butter with onions. Then add tomato paste, spices, burgundy wine and water to create a sauce. Serve over pasta. Salad or veggie on side.

Variation 2) Cut into coins and sautéed in butter with onions, potato cubes, mushrooms, salt and pepper. Then add scrambled eggs and cook till set.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
We are going to our 40th Anniversary party this afternoon, all done by our kids (real date is tomorrow, 7-29). Looking forward to seeing some friends that we don't get together with very often, and enjoying food we didn't have to cook. Our kids do just fine in the kitchen, but none of them bakes bread...YET! :brows: Hopefully we'll have some good pics to share later this evening.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Congratulations, JoeV!

Tonight is going to be veggie night...mustard greens or kale, squash casserole, and crowder peas.

Embryodad

We are going to our 40th Anniversary party this afternoon, all done by our kids (real date is tomorrow, 7-29). Looking forward to seeing some friends that we don't get together with very often, and enjoying food we didn't have to cook. Our kids do just fine in the kitchen, but none of them bakes bread...YET! :brows: Hopefully we'll have some good pics to share later this evening.

Happy Anniversary Joe! God bless you and the woman.

ps:...did you remember it?? and Wahtd ya get er?

I got Tina a Paper Shredder on our 30 sumthingt anniversary. ( plus a take out to dinner at Friendly's)...

She was almost in tears, but the big ice cream banana split stopped the tears.

Have a great celebration!:wow:

Embryodad

Tonight will be something with hot dogs. I have 2 variations in mind just need to choose:

Variation 1) Cut into coins and sautéed in butter with onions. Then add tomato paste, spices, burgundy wine and water to create a sauce. Serve over pasta. Salad or veggie on side.

Variation 2) Cut into coins and sautéed in butter with onions, potato cubes, mushrooms, salt and pepper. Then add scrambled eggs and cook till set.
peep....

How about some Variation 1, and also some Variation 2?

Variation 2 makes a great snack or even a breakfast sammie the next day!