Whats on the Menu Sunday 07/08/2012

Embryodad

Nice BBQ'd Ribs and Potato salad...with a side of Meatballs in sauce the nextdoor neighbor sent over.

cf3dae3d.jpg

Everything separate so there is no Touchy Touchy...
Only because I don't like sauce on my potato salad or visa versa!!!

831ebca5.jpg

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
OH LORD Jimmy!! YUMMMY!!

DD wants Cici's tonight. I have been feeling lousy from the heat and health so I really haven't had any interest in cooking for some time now. I'm not going to argue. I'll eat what I can and have some buttered pastina or pastina and eggs (easy on my tummy) later if need be.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
I made hamburger macaroni soup with mini corn muffins. There's enough leftover for tomorrow night too.

Embryodad

OH LORD Jimmy!! YUMMMY!!

DD wants Cici's tonight. I have been feeling lousy from the heat and health so I really haven't had any interest in cooking for some time now. I'm not going to argue. I'll eat what I can and have some buttered pastina or pastina and eggs (easy on my tummy) later if need be.
You gotta take care of yourself peep!

Tina is the same way..so lithargic, and gray complextion. Sunken eye's. You could tell she's sick and washed out.

Yesterday, she woke up, and felt a little better..she snuck to ShopRite, and bought all kinds of stuff to make. She figured she would cook. WELL....She got home, and was exhausted. She's sick again. She had a relapse.

I just set up the old fashioned Steam vaporizer near her EZ chair with a tsp. of vicks vaporub in the well. I don't care about the smell in the house. Bull C*ap . She said she can feel the vapors. Sometimes the old home remedy's are the best.

Madone...it smells like a nursing home in here! L O L hahahahahahaha

It's gonna take a lot of garlic cooking to overcome that vicks smell!

What I want to do....is rub her chest with vicks and cover it with flannel under the PJ's>

I can't think of that tea that that Gram used to make us to relieve chest congestion.
Tina said cammomile..but No...that's for indigestion.
OOOHhhhhhh! I know..tea with a shot of anisette. That's it!
Hey! She likes licorice; so she should like anisette. She drinking it anyway! I'll get her better!

We never had CiCi's Pizza etc. There is one by us not too far in Easton,PA or off 80 in East Stroudsburg, PA. Gotta try it sometime!!

peep... You should try cammomile tea! Sip on that. I don't like the flavor, but my Maria loves it. She has stomach distress, and it helps her. Just Suggesting! L O L

I could easily eat 6 or 7 of those ribs, but I only ate 3. I don't want to suffer later, and I'm sipping water like crazy. I never ever drink water, but lately..the foods I eat that I love so much...need a push along the way for me to feel not knotted up and mushcalad!!

Embryodad

I made hamburger macaroni soup with mini corn muffins. There's enough leftover for tomorrow night too.
I want that Mama... Tina has a great recipe from when I was in the Navy, and she was in the Navy Wives Club. She made a lot of great things like that. I love the hamburger soup she makes with Elbow macaroni's! ummmmm!

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
i quit food for today. when iiiii get too warm to cook, woah. woah.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
You gotta take care of yourself peep!

Tina is the same way..so lithargic, and gray complextion. Sunken eye's. You could tell she's sick and washed out.

Yesterday, she woke up, and felt a little better..she snuck to ShopRite, and bought all kinds of stuff to make. She figured she would cook. WELL....She got home, and was exhausted. She's sick again. She had a relapse.

I just set up the old fashioned Steam vaporizer near her EZ chair with a tsp. of vicks vaporub in the well. I don't care about the smell in the house. Bull C*ap . She said she can feel the vapors. Sometimes the old home remedy's are the best.

Madone...it smells like a nursing home in here! L O L hahahahahahaha

It's gonna take a lot of garlic cooking to overcome that vicks smell!

What I want to do....is rub her chest with vicks and cover it with flannel under the PJ's>

I can't think of that tea that that Gram used to make us to relieve chest congestion.
Tina said cammomile..but No...that's for indigestion.
OOOHhhhhhh! I know..tea with a shot of anisette. That's it!
Hey! She likes licorice; so she should like anisette. She drinking it anyway! I'll get her better!

We never had CiCi's Pizza etc. There is one by us not too far in Easton,PA or off 80 in East Stroudsburg, PA. Gotta try it sometime!!

peep... You should try cammomile tea! Sip on that. I don't like the flavor, but my Maria loves it. She has stomach distress, and it helps her. Just Suggesting! L O L

I could easily eat 6 or 7 of those ribs, but I only ate 3. I don't want to suffer later, and I'm sipping water like crazy. I never ever drink water, but lately..the foods I eat that I love so much...need a push along the way for me to feel not knotted up and mushcalad!!
I hope Tina feels better soon. Give my best wishes and a gentle hug.
We wound up at IHOP instead. I tried the new fried chicken dinner (1/2 chicken - 4 pieces, mashed, corn and 1/2 biscuit) that looked JUST like Mama's chicken from the other day. it tasted pretty good if a bit bland. It was a seasoned flour dredge NOT a thick batter (the thick batter always falls off with the first bite and is usually gummy inside YUCK!!). Pretty good! I filled out a questionaire gave it high marks. I ate 1/2 the breast, the biscuit, 1/2 the corn and 1/2 the taters. Younger DD had the drum and I took home the rest home. DD got the new tilapia dinner - came with spinach w/ alfredo sauce, mashed and garlic bread slice. She liked eat a lot. She also gave it high marks on a questionaire.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Looks good Jimmy. We had leftovers from the neighbor's party yesterday. It filled the void...

cookingirl

Jimmy, When I get sick, I make a tea out of ginger root. I buy some whole (looks like a hand) peel and slice. make it as strong as you wish. I put it in a small pot with water..boil for a while..It is spicy, strong but when you sip it, you can feel it going down--feels good. Add a bunch of honey..and if you want, you can make a hot toddy out of it by adding some whiskey or brandy!!!
I save the leftover tea in a plastic container in the refrigerator; take out as much as I want, add honey, some water (it seems to strengthen) and nuke it!
It really helps me.
Tell Tina to take care! I was sick for a long time and went thru 3 antibiotics, and 2 complete courses of oral steroids, along with codeine cough syrup before the bronchitis left...

Embryodad

Jimmy, When I get sick, I make a tea out of ginger root. I buy some whole (looks like a hand) peel and slice. make it as strong as you wish. I put it in a small pot with water..boil for a while..It is spicy, strong but when you sip it, you can feel it going down--feels good. Add a bunch of honey..and if you want, you can make a hot toddy out of it by adding some whiskey or brandy!!!
I save the leftover tea in a plastic container in the refrigerator; take out as much as I want, add honey, some water (it seems to strengthen) and nuke it!
It really helps me.
Tell Tina to take care! I was sick for a long time and went thru 3 antibiotics, and 2 complete courses of oral steroids, along with codeine cough syrup before the bronchitis left...
Thanks cookingirl...

That was what I was trying to think about. Yes! Jinger Root .
I have nice ginger candy made with honey from Indonesia... I will let her suck on them.
I set up the humidifier so steam and vicks vaporub is in her breathing area.

She just came from the Hospital to get Xray's of her chest. I'm glad we had to ask the Dr. for a prescription to do that. It's only been 6 weeks of breathing difficulty so far.

I say ( Dr. Jimmy that is ) that she needs a Bronchial dilator. One of those things to spray a fine mist in the mouth as you breath.

Now it's the wait and wait game waiting for a somebody to call us for the xray report / reading. tap tap tap tap tap tap tap tap. LOL

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
i'd stick w/ that, jimmy. bronchiodilators, they're stimulant & can make ur ticker race. i was s'possed 2 get an inhalor @ like 19 for microaspirating reflux.
chose the wheezing & gasping for air over that. 1 of the better decisions i've made in my day.

Embryodad

i'd stick w/ that, jimmy. bronchiodilators, they're stimulant & can make ur ticker race. i was s'possed 2 get an inhalor @ like 19 for microaspirating reflux.
chose the wheezing & gasping for air over that. 1 of the better decisions i've made in my day.
Thanks for the heads up luvs..

I'm gonna rub vicks on her chest, and cover it with flannel to see if that helps while we are waiting and waiting for a Dr's call, or probably a automated machine saying take two aspirins and a cup of tea, and call in the morning on some Sunday in the middle of the week if you don't feel better. L O L

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
Thanks for the heads up luvs..

I'm gonna rub vicks on her chest, and cover it with flannel to see if that helps while we are waiting and waiting for a Dr's call, or probably a automated machine saying take two aspirins and a cup of tea, and call in the morning on some Sunday in the middle of the week if you don't feel better. L O L

anytime, my buddy. lol-ing @ last paragraph. have u got any urgent-care places there..... man, has she remained ill for awhile, now!

Embryodad

anytime, my buddy. lol-ing @ last paragraph. have u got any urgent-care places there..... man, has she remained ill for awhile, now!
She's got doctors, but they seem to be dragging THEIR feet!

This morning it took 20 minutes with two disconnected phone lines at the HRMC hospital to get the fax # that the Dr. in another county didn't have.
Then to make the appointment for Xray...after that 15 minute wait..the woman said, Oh! No need for an appointment...just walk in.

She was right cuz Tina was less than an hour to back home.

She even met DD at the hosp. who is doing her first day of externship in the pharmacy... It was funny seeing her in a long sleeve blouse. Tatoo cover-up. hahahaa

cookingirl

Jimmy, How is Tina? I had asthmatic bronchitis along with a sinus infection which literally wiped me out for weeks! \
After 3 different antibiotics, and oral prendisone (steroid) for 2 back to back doses, the infection was finally gone, but left me with chronic larygitis-2 months- and decreased lung function! I was using an inhaled steroid also which, combined with the antibiotics, gave me a yeast infection on my vocal cord...
I am telling you this cuz these 'bugs' are really nasty now! My chest x-ray was negative; so I do not think Tina's will show anything.. in some ways that is not good cuz you want to have something tangible to show up...I understand that...all I did and wanted was fluids, tea, and salty stuff--my cravings when sick....
I did try the ginger candy~~not the same as the tea.. It works much better..
Ask DD to pick up some real ginger at the store..you can freeze the leftover ginger. I have and it still works..
Honestly, I really hate this year...first my dad dies, my knee degenerates so fast (knee replacement next year, I hope) stomach virus twice, have the asthmatic bronchitis and sinus infection together, laryngitis for over 2 months, find out I have laryngeal-pharyngeal reflux,also found vocal cord problems, and a partial hearing loss in my left ear, ended up with a severe infection when my sweet kittie bites my ankle while high from drugs after her dental surgery and tooth extraction (he was high from pain killers--so happy to be home and with me--), find out I am allergic to cats--Artie does not bother me...and this is only within the first 6 months of the year...
I do not think I can take much more--
sorry, I really vented....
I apologize...

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
She's got doctors, but they seem to be dragging THEIR feet!

This morning it took 20 minutes with two disconnected phone lines at the HRMC hospital to get the fax # that the Dr. in another county didn't have.
Then to make the appointment for Xray...after that 15 minute wait..the woman said, Oh! No need for an appointment...just walk in.

She was right cuz Tina was less than an hour to back home.

She even met DD at the hosp. who is doing her first day of externship in the pharmacy... It was funny seeing her in a long sleeve blouse. Tatoo cover-up. hahahaa

good. i'd get her to a upmc doctor if they continue to drag thier feet.

congrats to dd!!!!!!!
i'm trying to get my extern now. thank God many Chefs now search for us younger ppl to run the kitch' & look fer quirkiness- we're strong, quick, trendy, & creative, some of us w/ generally strong mental capabilities to learn & toss thoughts thier way. show 'em a broad variety of capabilities & teach them things unnknown to 'em. for many, the artsier, the better- we can make the plates goin' to the v.i.p.'s beautiful~. i applied earlier @ this 1 place where Chef has full sleeves.:heart:

cyn! ugh. prednisone. that made me so puffy. how's cyndy!

Embryodad

good. i'd get her to a upmc doctor if they continue to drag thier feet.

congrats to dd!!!!!!!
i'm trying to get my extern now. thank God many Chefs now search for us younger ppl to run the kitch' & look fer quirkiness- we're strong, quick, trendy, & creative, some of us w/ generally strong mental capabilities to learn & toss thoughts thier way. show 'em a broad variety of capabilities & teach them things unnknown to 'em. for many, the artsier, the better- we can make the plates goin' to the v.i.p.'s beautiful~. i applied earlier @ this 1 place where Chef has full sleeves.:heart:

cyn! ugh. prednisone. that made me so puffy. how's cyndy!
Thanx luvs....

cograts and good luck on your externship / chef . cooking etc.

yeah!...young blood is what they need; not old blood with bad habits and ho hum ways. hahahahaha