Tuesday, 11/8, What's For Dinner

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I ended up eating a late lunch yesterday, so I didn't want the steak and creamed spinach that I had planned. That will be dinner tonight.

What's planned at your house?

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
i have some burger thawed so may make stuffed cabbage. we'll see~

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Dinner will be Pot roast, egg noodles with butter and parsley, broccoli & carrots and mushroom & onion jus.

Embryodad

We had Arby's Roast (fake) beef.
I had a ham and cheese garden salad sandwich...they forgot tomato...

The fried onion rings were so salty and greasy, and the mozzarella sticks were some kind of mystery cheese inside...

No More....thats it! We are all burping and sick. L O L .

We're having this tonight, along with some good warmed bread & perhaps a mixed green salad.

BREEZY PORTUGUESE KALE & TURKEY SAUSAGE SOUP

One medium onion, peeled & chopped
One pound of kale, de-ribbed & roughly sliced/chopped
1-1/2 quarts or so of chicken stock (if not homemade, I usually use one carton + one can of Swanson's)
Two medium potatoes, peeled & diced -OR- two cans of cannelini/white kidney beans, rinsed **
One package (usually 12 to 16 ounces) turkey kielbasa sausage, sliced
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Salt & Pepper to taste

In a large soup pot add enough olive oil to coat the bottom & saute onion until starting to soften, but not brown. Add sliced sausage & continue sauteeing until everything is just starting to brown a little. Add chicken stock & diced potatoes (if using) & simmer until potatoes are tender - about 15 minutes or so. Add kale & continue cooking until kale is tender. (** if using beans instead of potatoes, add chicken stock & bring to a simmer. Add kale & cook until tender; then add beans & stir gently until beans are just heated thru.) Add salt & freshly ground black pepper to taste & serve.

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
Today was very good on the Gulf of Mexico so tonight's dinner will be centered on Gag Grouper.

Attachments

• SDC13542.jpg
    SDC13542.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 200

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Dinner was Pot roast, egg noodles with butter and parsley, micro steamed fresh broccoli & carrots and mushroom & onion jus.

110811_pot_roast_noodles.jpg

K

Kimchee

Chicken Vindaloo curry... from a jar, shame on me. ;)
Over basmati rice, with a salad.

(With leftover pot roast and taters for wife if she decides
is too spicy. More for me!)

Nancy-MD

That's the life, Buzz! Livin' large!

Peep, your meal looks delish!

Everyone's meals sound good!

I made cheesy oven hot dogs, baked beans, cottage cheese and pickled beets with onions.

Attachments

• 11.8.11.jpg
    11.8.11.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 379

Embryodad

That's the life, Buzz! Livin' large!

Peep, your meal looks delish!

Everyone's meals sound good!

I made cheesy oven hot dogs, baked beans, cottage cheese and pickled beets with onions.
OOoooooo!! I'm hungry just looking at that Nancy. I love everything there, but not touchy touchy with the Cottage cheese, and the beans.

rickismom

Low Carb Home Cook
Site Supporter
Beautiful everyone! We had chicken strips and wild rice pilaf w/chanterelle mushrooms & zucchini :)

2utsv4h.jpg

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
i couldn't get to 'iggle to get cabbage, so pasta from a few nites ago it was. when i got hungry again i snacked on steak from yesterday. got hungry again! i made some old-fashioned oatmeal. it sufficed. nil pix~

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
Cute toes, Buzzzz. lol What's Gag grouper?

There are three main Florida grouper, black, gag, and red. Gag grouper is right behind black for the tastiest but when eaten fresh it is very difficult to tell the difference. In fact, even frozen red grouper is delicious with its pure white, large flake meat.

Gags are gray colored, like this one: :yum:

Attachments

• gag grouper.jpg
    gag grouper.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 182
There are three main Florida grouper, black, gag, and red. Gag grouper is right behind black for the tastiest but when eaten fresh it is very difficult to tell the difference. In fact, even frozen red grouper is delicious with its pure white, large flake meat.

Gags are gray colored, like this one: :yum:

That's quite a catch, Buzzzzz. :lol:

Leni

I'm so bad. I'll take the fish and DS will take what's holding the fish. Somebody's ignoring the orders from headquarters.

:brows::yum: The devil made me do it.