What's Cooking NCT Sun. 3/3/2013 to Sat. 3/9/2013

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Whats cooking? I not sure what dinner will be tonight. I need to have some coffee and think about it.

Miniman

Mini man - maxi food
Gold Site Supporter
I'm thinking of making cannelloni. We have a bought apple & blackberry pie for dessert.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Still haven't decided on dinner but here's breakfast: Canadian Bacon and cheese biscuits with peaches and cottage cheese.

Attachments

• breakfast03032013.jpg
    breakfast03032013.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 159

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
i posted in the last dinner thread. (my bad). think we'll be getting pizza & appys. as i posted there, i subtly hinted to blake that i'd luv pizza tonite by waving a menu near him. mailman put 4 menus in my mailbox. i'll put them in/on the places & things he is frequently near, in case he fergets- the couch, his shoe, a t.v. remote, the television screen.......

Embryodad

Made Omlets with ham diced and fried in butter...scallions and cheese.
Toast... and Home Fries (JoeV's recipe / style )...Yummy!

Tina just made a chocolate cake..Nice; Cake is Good..

I am having soups..the leftover shrimp / scallops and leftover clam chowder.
Maybe...a sandwich later / after the soup.
Have to fast after 12 midnight....blood test tomorrow. grrrrrr!!!

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
You'd better eat up Jimmy! Hope everything turns out alright on the blood tests.

I went to the grocery store this afternoon...they had Smithfield bacon on sale $2.48/lb. There was a limit of 4 so naturally, I bought 4 :lol:.

Gonna attempt a recipe I developed for Double chocolate mocha muffins...wish me luck!

Oh......It's gonna be grilled chicken salad for dinner tonight.

Embryodad

Thanks Mama.... It never is / was a problem with me fasting. I could use a month of fasting from the looks of me, and the spin of the dial on the scale! LOL

The nurse took my weight, and when I stepped on the scale in the Dr.s office...she just looked and mumbled Hmm! ...
I felt like saying to her...Hmm??.. Who Put the Pillows in your pants over YOUR A**! hahahahah

I have no clue to why they need a blood test, and they can pick and poke all they want. I fear not with needles and poking me with anything.
It's just that it is a waste to spend hundreads on a blood test when all they have to know is I am Type A+ . LOL

The ekg, I can see doing one of them...

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Dinner and dessert for later:

Attachments

• dinner03032013.jpg
    dinner03032013.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 163
  • chocolatechipmochamuffins.jpg
    chocolatechipmochamuffins.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 163

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Thanks Jimmy...it's a chocolate chip mocha muffin and it was moist and chocolatey! I was really pleased with the way it turned out. I just perfected the recipe this afternoon. It tastes a lot like those Otis Spunkmeyer chocolate chip muffins you get in the grocery store.

Embryodad

Tina was on the roll today!

She made a shepherds pie, and a Chocolate cake!
Then GD is staying overnight.....So she wanted Pizza.
We just had it delivered! I even had a slice...

cakeandpizza006.jpg

cakeandpizza010.jpg

cakeandpizza001.jpg

Embryodad

Thanks Jimmy...it's a chocolate chip mocha muffin and it was moist and chocolatey! I was really pleased with the way it turned out. I just perfected the recipe this afternoon. It tastes a lot like those Otis Spunkmeyer chocolate chip muffins you get in the grocery store.
Oh! Yeah! ... Otis..Isn't that the guy who made elevators too?
Or was that the one on Andy griffith Show In Mayberry who was locked up in the jail for drunkedness?

Probably a different Otis Huh?

I don't imagine any of the Otis' that I mentioned could bake!

rickismom

Low Carb Home Cook
Site Supporter
I've got a pot roast on the stove. We'll have mashed red potatoes, gravy & green beans with it :)

thegrindre

Mama, both of your posts are something I'd devour if you invited me over. Yummy!
Some of your other stuff I've seen I'd have to turn down, I'm afraid. :) Just not my cup of tea, so to speak...

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Mama, both of your posts are something I'd devour if you invited me over. Yummy!

Thank you Rick!

Some of your other stuff I've seen I'd have to turn down, I'm afraid. :) Just not my cup of tea, so to speak...

That's what makes the world go 'round. If we all liked the same things, cooked the same things and ate the same things, the world would be a pretty boring place.

Embryodad

Wow Jimmy....Tina really was on a roll....and that cake...:readytoeat:.
yeah!.... She must have been hungry as heck.

I want a piece of cake now...but after 12:00 I have to fast. Nothing to drink or eat.
I have no clue why? I think it's silly!
How the heck would they know anyway?

K

Kimchee

Made spaghetti and meatballs tonight.
Added extra black olives and mushrooms
for my wife, who is stressed out over work.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
we ordered in earlier.:wink: (see post #5)

Attachments

• betterfood341.jpg
    betterfood341.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 139

thegrindre

This morning it was my Andersen's style Split Pea Soup recipe.
I get to put up two helping for later in the week and, of course, I had to eat what was left, now...:mrgreen:

Attachments

• peasoup.jpg
    peasoup.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 138
  • peasoup2.jpg
    peasoup2.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 134
Last edited:

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
WOW Holy moly! Everything looks fantastic! On my way to look for that cupcake recipe Mama.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Yum Joe....we haven't had that in a while. I may have to make that very soon.

Meatless Monday for us....well, if you don't count the seasonings :lol:

Attachments

• dinner03042013.jpg
    dinner03042013.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 128

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
so far, we'll be having pizza from the other night. i'm gonna toss the fries into the oven to re-warm them, too.
the bartender gave me a pack of venison that her guy gave her, so venison chili later, if i've the ingredients. prefer to let the chili cook overnight in my slow cooker. ummmm.

Embryodad

Yum Joe....we haven't had that in a while. I may have to make that very soon.

Meatless Monday for us....well, if you don't count the seasonings :lol:

Geeze Mama, that is a plate of H E A L T H there!

I'd eat two plates of that!! ..... Soon as my innards get fixed...watch out!!! :yum:

Embryodad

so far, we'll be having pizza from the other night. i'm gonna toss the fries into the oven to re-warm them, too.
the bartender gave me a pack of venison that her guy gave her, so venison chili later, if i've the ingredients. prefer to let the chili cook overnight in my slow cooker. ummmm.
Sounds good luvs...

Chili with venison is great.. Slow cooked in the cooker like you said.
Daughter loves and eats a lot of venison.
Tina just fed 12 deer (her buddies) in the yard. I'll grab one, and send it to ya on the bus. hahahaha....I could just see that. "Rudolph the Pittsburgh Reindeer" hahahaha

Embryodad

Tina Cooked..
I pounded out the steak, and she breaded and fried them

Had Bowties with butter......And with the remaining leftover flour and crumbs and egg, she fried a frittata for later. Ummm!

breadedsteakandbows001.jpg

breadedsteakandbows004.jpg

breadedsteakandbows005.jpg

breadedsteakandbows003.jpg