Grilled London Broil with Crab

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Here is a London Broil, grilled 8 minutes on 1 side, and 6 on the other. I let it rest for 8 minutes, then sliced across the grain and served with Snow Crab Legs, Garlic Bread, Peas, and Oven Roasted Potatoes.

I made a fire in the 18” Weber Kettle using Cherry Wood scraps that a buddy of mine saves for me. I typically use the scraps for smoking, but I have so much at the moment, I figured I’d make a fire of them. And it was a HOT one.

I seasoned the London Broil with salt and white pepper. I topped it with Baby Bella mushrooms sauted in butter and Burgundy wine.

The crab was cooked in a pot of water seasoned with Zatarain’s Crab Boil and 2 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar. The potatoes were tossed with oil, salt, pepper, and garlic powder and cooked in a 400 degree oven for 30 minutes.

For dipping the crab, we melted some butter with a clove of garlic and dash of lemon juice.

Step1-52.jpg

Step4-30.jpg

Step2-46.jpg

Step3-40.jpg

Step5-24.jpg

Step6-18.jpg

Step7-15.jpg

Step8-12.jpg

Step9-8.jpg

Meme4251

Keltin, very nice steak and crab....My son has grilled a London before and to me, it was a tough piece of steak comparing to the ribeyes, t-bones, sirloins...Your steak there looks very tender and yes, perfectly grilled...I, to, would grab those crab legs first...........Very nice lookin........:a1:

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
I took my left over London Broil and sliced it into small pieces across the grain. In a pan, I added the leftover juices from the meat, some butter, a dash of red wine vinegar, a dash of Burgundy, Worcestershire sauce, and Jack Daniels BBQ sauce. I cooked that on med-low for 30 minutes until it was hot and the meat was falling apart tender.

I used some of the fresh Florida potatoes and made twice baked loaded potato shells using the BBQ meat.

We also had sammies using the meat as well as corn on the cob.

Here are the loaded potato shells.

Step1-53.jpg

Step2-47.jpg

Step3-41.jpg

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
DW just remarked, looking at that sauce I made for the meat, it could easily had gone over to Beef Stroganoff.

Leave out the BBQ sauce and add sour cream instead. I may do that next time and serve it over noodles instead of in potatoes and in sammies.

mhend

I took my left over London Broil and sliced it into small pieces across the grain. In a pan, I added the leftover juices from the meat, some butter, a dash of red wine vinegar, a dash of Burgundy, Worcestershire sauce, and Jack Daniels BBQ sauce. I cooked that on med-low for 30 minutes until it was hot and the meat was falling apart tender.

I used some of the fresh Florida potatoes and made twice baked loaded potato shells using the BBQ meat.

We also had sammies using the meat as well as corn on the cob.

Here are the loaded potato shells.

Step1-53.jpg

Step2-47.jpg

Step3-41.jpg

That looks absolutely delicious! :thumb:

buckytom

Grill Master
wow, awesome job on both dinners, keltin! :applause:

i especially like the spuds. they look like indians with the bacon acting as a feather.

hey, you could serve the potatoes with some kind of side dish that represents cowboys, and you'd have cowboys and indians. :chef:

K

Kimchee

Lone Ranger and Tonto!

Great looking meals! Pardon me while I wipe away the drool.....