What are you doing today?

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
What a day !
Both exhausting and exhilarating !!

Baby Shark nibbled at this old heart all day !

7-7.jpg

7-7b.jpg

7-7f.jpg

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
It was, Sass !

And today both knees are barking....

She had a wonderful time, never stopped moving for long ...

65993872_10156449105146717_7500690753559986176_n.jpg

65998618_10156449104736717_8893669576751972352_n.jpg

66260282_10156449105041717_2751165456348872704_n.jpg

66285810_10156449104341717_9222184130505080832_n.jpg

66383723_10156449104456717_8658783703733895168_n.jpg

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I've noticed that my distance vision isn't so great anymore, so it looks like I'm going to have to bite the big weenee and get some prescription glasses. Gah, I hate it and am totally surprised by the cost for eye exam/frames/lenses. So many choices...progressive lenses, bifocals, etc. I don't really want any of them, but I'm afraid I won't pass the eye test for driving...gotta be able to drive. It's hell getting old.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I couldn't find the gardening thread. I put a drift rose in a container on my patio about two weeks ago. It has already put on about 5-6 inches of new growth. I'm loving it.

Update on the old post...

I really like my new glasses for watching tv and driving but not so much for reading my Kindle.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Today I'm dealing with tree trimmers. Owner called last night and said he would be here at 7:30 am...I thought yeah, right. Well they were. I heard trucks about 7:20, and they started cutting down trees and trimming right on the dot at 7:30. I always get antsy when tree cutters come because I'm afraid someone is going to be hurt. They're almost done. I will be sooooo glad when they finish and I can just relax.

Tropical storms are cooking up in the Gulf, so I want to be prepared.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Today I'm dealing with tree trimmers. Owner called last night and said he would be here at 7:30 am...I thought yeah, right. Well they were. I heard trucks about 7:20, and they started cutting down trees and trimming right on the dot at 7:30. I always get antsy when tree cutters come because I'm afraid someone is going to be hurt. They're almost done. I will be sooooo glad when they finish and I can just relax.

Tropical storms are cooking up in the Gulf, so I want to be prepared.
Stay safe Cooksie.

I found how to search a thread. I posted a picture of how in the help thread. Hope it helps you.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I've been looking for an appliance repair person. When I opened my dishwasher door, I heard something pop. Now it just wants to flop down when I open it. It used to hold to whatever point that I pulled it down to.

I looked at the manual, and maybe it has something to do with a tension spring, which requires pulling out the whole dishwasher :(. No telling what the cost of the part will be. It works fine, so I hate to replace the whole thing.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
cooksie.... about $25.00 for the door spring kit the both rt. and Lt.... Slide out and replace approx. 40 minutes.
I think you just saved me over a hundred bucks! :thewave:
I found the parts (also going to get a set of door cables just in case) that match my dishwasher model on Amazon.
I watched the video on how to replace. The video rates the difficulty with number of wrenches, with 5 wrenches being most difficult. They said this repair was a 2 wrench, which should be pretty easy.
I have someone who is willing to do it for me. I can pass the tools :mrgreen:.
I owe you one!

Embryodad

I think you just saved me over a hundred bucks! :thewave:
I found the parts (also going to get a set of door cables just in case) that match my dishwasher model on Amazon.
I watched the video on how to replace. The video rates the difficulty with number of wrenches, with 5 wrenches being most difficult. They said this repair was a 2 wrench, which should be pretty easy.
I have someone who is willing to do it for me. I can pass the tools :mrgreen:.
I owe you one!
That is great! Saving is a good thing! hahahahahahaha

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Once again, I think I have a feral cat in my backyard looking for a place to have her kittens. I watched her this afternoon for a little while and she just sits there and gazes around like she's scoping the place out for a safe place for her kittens. She's a calico.
I can't find my old pictures or post right now, but I'm pretty sure that she's one of Blackie's kittens who was born in my backyard a while back.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I've been reading another book on the royals/Queen Mum but finished it.
Two more books to go lol
Did my laundry, cleaned my apartment, took a walk, had a zoom meeting at work earlier.
I'm working all weekend.
2-10p tomorrow and 10a-6p Sunday.
I always say I can't wait to retire, but I miss my peeps when I'm not there.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I took my coffee out this morning to the patio, and the calico cat was out there still doing the same thing. This morning she kept looking back at a certain spot. I have a feeling that she has already had her kittens. It's hard to tell because every time I see her, she's sitting down in the ivy. I can't tell if her belly is still full and tight or slack and saggy. I had to give her some food.

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
I took my coffee out this morning to the patio, and the calico cat was out there still doing the same thing. This morning she kept looking back at a certain spot. I have a feeling that she has already had her kittens. It's hard to tell because every time I see her, she's sitting down in the ivy. I can't tell if her belly is still full and tight or slack and saggy. I had to give her some food.

Our county has a program where you can apply for a voucher to get feral cats spayed for free. Might want to check and see if yours does as well. They'll even loan you a trap if she won't come to you. Of course give the kittens time to be weaned or nearly weaned before you try to catch and take her. Just Google "low cost cat spay in ?? County. " hopefully there will be a program.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
After I'm off work at 6, I'm going with my friend Jules to Morenci, Michigan.
Her late husband is buried there and would have turned 57 today.
I'm going to help her clear away debris off his grave and put fresh flowers etc

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I had a meeting at work today at 1pm to discuss the unmasking which is probably going to be a bit longer for us in healthcare.
That's a-ok with me.
It's been very warm outside so I couldn't take my usual long walks, so I went and washed the car.
Shiny and clean.
?
Now I have to start parking out back to avoid the bird poop lol

20210520_175220.jpg