Lemon Vinaigrette

Johnny West

I'll do this for tonight and better get on it.

INGREDIENTS

1/2 cup plus 2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice

1/4 cup Dijon mustard

1/2 cup olive oil

1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil

2 tbsp. shallots, finely chopped

2 tbsp. fresh parsley, finely chopped

1/2 tsp. fresh thyme, finely chopped

1/2 tsp. kosher salt

1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper

PREPARATION

Whisk together wet ingredients. Stir in shallots and herbs. Season with salt and pepper. Use immediately, or strain shallots and herbs and refrigerate for later.

Johnny West

The salad dressing was ok but needed vinegar. After straining out the solids I added a half cup of red wine vinegar and it's much better.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
This sounds good. 2 questions: Why do you have olive oil listed twice? Why do you need to strain immediately? It seems like it would need a bit of time to develop a meld of flavors.

Johnny West

I got the recipe at Garden and Gun. I imagine a cup of extra virgin olive oil may be to strong tasting. I mixed with extra light olive oil and extra virgin.

Strain the solids before storing. It's good to use up quickly so it doesn't go bad, I imagine. It's just my guess as they don't explain that in the article.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I got the recipe at Garden and Gun. I imagine a cup of extra virgin olive oil may be to strong tasting. I mixed with extra light olive oil and extra virgin.

Strain the solids before storing. It's good to use up quickly so it doesn't go bad, I imagine. It's just my guess as they don't explain that in the article.

Oh I understand about the oil now. Thanks

It sounds good. I make a lemon garlic dressing for my string bean salad.