Net Cooking Talk

Go Back   Net Cooking Talk > Food Events , Dining Out, Electronics and NCT Forum Info > Dining Out Forum

Dining Out Forum Restaurant reviews, dining experiences etc

Old 05-15-2017, 10:03 AM
Grill Master

Location: Roots are in W. Va.- Heart is in Mich.- These Bones are Just north of Philly, on the Delaware
Thanked 3,574 Times in 1,842 Posts
Luckytrim is on a distinguished road
Default Cheesecake Factory

We were invited to dine at the Cheesecake Factory by son Nathan.... His wife, Samantha, and her parents.

The place was a madhouse, the wait for a table for six ran to 70 minutes...
Getting dinner done was also a slow process, with multiple apologies from our server for the delays... Dinner ended up to be a three-hour experience, from entry to exit.

Having gotten that all out of the way, the meal itself was great !

Calamari started my (and the Warden's) meal ...
Done perfectly, served with Cocktail Sauce, and a delicious Herbed Tartar Sauce...

For the entree's...
The Warden chose the fish Tacos.... Corn tortillas, Beer-Battered Fish fillets filled with Avocado, Chopped tomato, Chipotle Sauce, Marinated Onions and Cilantro... Excellent ! (I had to abscond with one of them ...)

The Black Beans and Rice sides were both quite tasty

I chose the Chicken Madeira....
Sautéed Chicken Breast Topped with Fresh Asparagus and Melted Mozzarella Cheese, Covered with Fresh Mushroom Madeira Sauce and Served with Mashed Potatoes.
The dish was worth the wait....... except the mashers were already too cold to melt butter over them.

The other four participants chose a Salad dish. All were good-looking, but Sam's Dad had the most interesting one, IMHO... Grilled Chicken Tostada Salad...
Crisp Corn Tortillas Topped with Grilled Marinated Chicken Breast and Black Beans Piled High with Mixed Greens, Fresh Corn, Green Onions and Cilantro All Tossed in a Vinaigrette and Garnished with Avocado Cream, Salsa and Sour Cream.

No room for dessert, but, on Medtran's advice, I carried home a slice of Godiva Cheesecake,

And the Warden brought home a slice of the Key Lime Cheesecake

To sum, a great dinner on all counts, even with the delays. I saw lots of interesting items on their menu, so I'll probably find my way back sometime soon.

http://www.thecheesecakefactory.com/menu/
Doc  (05-15-2017), jim_slagle  (05-15-2017), Saliha (05-15-2017)