FaceBook Like Page

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Re: Karma / Reps

Doc have you looked into adding a Facebook like button everytime someone hits the like button it will place a link to NCT on Facebook.

Bring in more traffic even if only a few members are on facebook. NCT already has a facebook page.

My supermarket even has a like button on products on their online shop from home/shopping website. (I use the site for sizes/products and such when writing up recipes)

Attachments

• fb_like.jpg
    fb_like.jpg
    4.1 KB · Views: 25

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter

Doc have you looked into adding a Facebook like button everytime someone hits the like button it will place a link to NCT on Facebook.

Bring in more traffic even if only a few members are on facebook. NCT already has a facebook page.

My supermarket even has a like button on products on their online shop from home/shopping website. (I use the site for sizes/products and such when writing up recipes)

I would love to do that. Can you show me a link on FB to where I would set that up.
Thanks Peeps!!!!!

I also like the zero option or 1 point option reps. I will look into both. The advantage reps have over thanks is that you can leave a comment. With thanks you can't comment at all.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter

I would love to do that. Can you show me a link on FB to where I would set that up.
Thanks Peeps!!!!!

I also like the zero option or 1 point option reps. I will look into both. The advantage reps have over thanks is that you can leave a comment. With thanks you can't comment at all.
Check this link not sure if it is it or not but it is a start. Let me know if thats it.
http://developers.facebook.com/docs/reference/plugins/like-box/

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter

Like you said that is a start, but that just lets me create a like FB button to put here on NCT, much like the twitter follow me button. First I need an NCT like page for folks to like. I don't see where to create that page. :bonk:
Thanks for your help!!!!

lilbopeep

Site Supporter

Like you said that is a start, but that just lets me create a like FB button to put here on NCT, much like the twitter follow me button. First I need an NCT like page for folks to like. I don't see where to create that page. :bonk:
Thanks for your help!!!!
Sorry. Ok a hunting I will go. BRB

lilbopeep

Site Supporter

Thanks for your help!!!!
http://www.ducttapemarketing.com/blog/2010/04/23/adding-the-facebook-like-button-to-your-site/

Maybe? I am still hunting.

Here is the search results page

http://www.google.com/search?source...+to+add+a++facebook+like+button+on+my+website

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Moved all of these to a thread of their own ....they didn't need to be in the reputation or no reputation thread.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Moved all of these to a thread of their own ....they didn't need to be in the reputation or no reputation thread.
:sorry:

So will this place a like button on every post? Because that will also be sort of like the rep note letting people know that you like their post WITH the added benifit of posting on facebook!! I have lots of friends on their that I play the games with. A lot like my food pics so the like button may get some here.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
No need to be sorry peeps. When threads go off topic and it makes sense we move the posts to a thread of their own. No biggie at all.

I can't answer the question about a like in every post or posting it on facebook. Baby steps first. I have to get a 'like' page set up, then I'll see what it takes to go each step further.