What's are you eating NCT - Sunday 11/26/2017 to Saturday 12/2/2017?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I took ground beef out. Not sure yet what it will become.

whats_on_your_plate.jpg

Last edited:

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
We made Faux Shepherd's pie (Ground Beef, no Lamb) yesterday, but alas, no batteries for the camera...
But it looks pretty much the same every time, so .... RERUN !

(2014)

Shepherd's Pie 1.jpg

Shepherd's Pie 2.jpg

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Salisbury steak, jazzed up mashed potatoes, steamed mixed fresh veggies and onion gravy.

salisbury_steak_112817_IMG_3463.JPG

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Pan-Seared Pork Chop, Sweet Potato Fries, Steamed Sprouts and Pearls -Horseradish for the Chop ...

Pork Chop, Sweet Potato Fries, Steamed Brussels Sprouts and Pearls.jpg

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Last night I made some baby back ribs with Head Country rub and Stubbs Original BBQ Sauce. Had some mustard potato salad on the side.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Stovetop grilled lemon herb marinated chicken breast, long grain and wild rice side dish, marinated mushroom caps and salad with creamy balsamic dressing.

lemon_herb_chicken_112917_IMG_3470.JPG

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Chili dogs tonight

Peeps, that looks like Uncle Ben's Long Grain and Wild Rice. I love that stuff, but only the original...picky, picky. I just bought some Cornish game hens and that will be the side for them.

LT, are those homemade sweet potato fries? If so, how did you do them? I'm still ordering my groceries online and just going to pick them up. Somehow I ended up with 8 large sweet potatoes :dizzy:.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Chili dogs tonight

Peeps, that looks like Uncle Ben's Long Grain and Wild Rice. I love that stuff, but only the original...picky, picky. I just bought some Cornish game hens and that will be the side for them.

LT, are those homemade sweet potato fries? If so, how did you do them? I'm still ordering my groceries online and just going to pick them up. Somehow I ended up with 8 large sweet potatoes :dizzy:.
That's exactly what it is and I only like the original also. :readytoeat:

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Flank steak (marinated in EVOO, soy sauce, pressed fresh garlic and spices) cooked on the cast iron stove top grill pan and string beans with spaetzle, parsley, chives, onion and bacon.

marinated_flank_steak_112017_IMG_3485.JPG

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Last night I made some baby back ribs with Head Country rub and Stubbs Original BBQ Sauce. Had some mustard potato salad on the side.

The aroma of cooking meat that has been rubbed with Head Country makes me swoon! It's the only rub I use on my barbecued meats.

I love their bbq sauce, too.

Lee

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
Everybody's dishes look really good this week. I've been working really hard this week and have just been wiped at night. Good thing we had a couple of really easy meals with a T-day leftover meal 1 night and the smoked turkey, wild rice, and vege soup I had made Saturday or Sunday. We had 1 of our standby's last night, what used to be a signature salad of a restaurant on Key Biscayne, the Rusty Pelican. They made it tableside. Steamed shrimp, sliced button mushrooms, grape or cherry tomatoes, hard boiled egg grated or sliced, and they used chives also but we usually don't bother, plus their house honey-mustard dressing that we got a copycat recipe for. They also served it with lightly flavored orange flavored bread toasts, which I make sometimes, but didn't last night. Sounds a bit odd, but it makes a really good meal and not too complicated.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
LT, are those homemade sweet potato fries?

No, they are from the frozen foods section.... Doc says to stay away from knives as much as possible, so all fries are from a bag..... still slicing home fries and normal skillet fries myself, tho'.
My eyes are the main reason for my cooking not being as ambitious as it used to be.......

Maybe you want to use some of those sweets up following my candied sweet Potatoes method...
http://netcookingtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23814&highlight=Candied+Sweet+Potatoes

Last night's burgers, Candied Carrots, Fried Yukon's, dusted with Garlic Powder and Smoked Paprika...

Burger, Candied Carrots, Fried Ykons.jpg

Cooksie

Site Supporter
LT, are those homemade sweet potato fries?

No, they are from the frozen foods section.... Doc says to stay away from knives as much as possible, so all fries are from a bag..... still slicing home fries and normal skillet fries myself, tho'.
My eyes are the main reason for my cooking not being as ambitious as it used to be.......

Maybe you want to use some of those sweets up following my candied sweet Potatoes method...
http://netcookingtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23814&highlight=Candied+Sweet+Potatoes

Last night's burgers, Candied Carrots, Fried Yukon's, dusted with Garlic Powder and Smoked Paprika...

View attachment 25707

Thanks, I'll check into that. Your cooking is more ambitious than mine :sad:. I've never been good with a knife.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Saturday night ...
We shared this Bone-in NY Strip, with a Baked Russet, and a cheese-topped Portobello's - The 'shroom didn't work out as planned... too much cheese, obviously; the caps collapsed and we had a lava flow across the baking sheet
... gonna have to work on that...

NY Strip, Cheesy Portobello .jpg