What are you doing today?

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
Beautiful Saliha.

We're sitting in a hotel room watching the storm outside and TV, and surfing net. We live in a mandatory evac zone, but only had to relocate about 10 minutes away. Course the evac was ordered before H. Irma shifted to hit Florida west coast and they just let them stand. Getting bad storm weather now at 10.15 but slowly worsening. Been under tornado warning since almost 4 a.m. hopefully that will be over around noon, as right front quadrant of storm is worse for tornado activity.

Lower Keys are getting a pounding. Naples, Florida is going to get a 15 plus storm surge around 2 this afternoon.

Guess I'll be getting my petitpoint out and working on it. Need to keep phones and tablet charged in case power goes out.

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
Dogboa is going to check on house in a few. Thete is supposedly a curfew in effect until 10 am but we can see cars driving around so he's going. We're less than 10 minutes away.

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
House Totally fine except for lots of vegetation clean up. No power or cell service in neighborhood though. We took precaution of adding another day to hotel yesterday so are going to overnight here, maybe take a few things back later on. We dodged a big one again thank goodness. BTW still no reports coming out of lower Keys that took first mainland u.s. hit. National Guard headed that way this morning to start clearing roads aND bridge visual inspections.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
House Totally fine except for lots of vegetation clean up. No power or cell service in neighborhood though. We took precaution of adding another day to hotel yesterday so are going to overnight here, maybe take a few things back later on. We dodged a big one again thank goodness. BTW still no reports coming out of lower Keys that took first mainland u.s. hit. National Guard headed that way this morning to start clearing roads aND bridge visual inspections.

Not too bad, relatively speaking, right Karen?

Where are your pets?

Lee

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
Not too bad, relatively speaking, right Karen?

Where are your pets?

Lee

With us. We left the snake since we were way out of cone by the time we left Saturday, but put her in house up high just in case. She normally stays on screened in, shaded porch since she's a rainforest canopy animal. Even pet friendly hotels take a very dim view of snakes in their rooms. She stayed with DD in her house last year when we evac'd over there last year.

Nope not too bad. Our DD, however, lives just north of Fort Myers. They left for NOLA, where SILs family is when it became clear Irma was going up middle of state to west coast. They haven't heard from anybody yet. A couple of their friends stayed.

Last edited:

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Thank goodness DD's house okay, friend just sent pics and called her a couple minutes ago.
Thankfully my friends down there are okay also. Lots of damage though. No idea how long it will take to get back to a semblance of what they used to call normal.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I am leaving for the weekend this afternoon to once again stay with Ali and the girls until Sunday night.
We'll be going to the farmer's market, a Foodie Fest on the grounds of Cabin Fever coffee and a Storybook Adventure for the kids at the college which is to promote early literacy.
We're talking about going to the zoo as well.

Ty is still in Texas. There was talk that they'd be transferring to Florida, but that won't be happening now, thank God lol
He has been in the Baytown/Houston area since with the towing company.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Sass, Ty should be busy for a while. I read on a Tx msg board that they have run out of room for towed vehicles in Baytown and are now towing them more north, don't remember where though.

I've got a cake in the oven.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Sass, Ty should be busy for a while. I read on a Tx msg board that they have run out of room for towed vehicles in Baytown and are now towing them more north, don't remember where though.

I've got a cake in the oven.

They've been staying in the Houston area pretty much.
He's been to La Porte and Pearland as well.

Royal Purple Raceway is where they've taken the vehicles.
He loves the food stops, but is growing tired of it and being away in general.
Apparently they are trekking back home next week.
:thumb:

Attachments

• 21397708_1530163583740330_1377430934_n.jpg
    21397708_1530163583740330_1377430934_n.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 197
  • 21317915_1530651947024827_5547275321549158648_n.jpg
    21317915_1530651947024827_5547275321549158648_n.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 199
  • 21271184_1530549077035114_7643626187222926431_n.jpg
    21271184_1530549077035114_7643626187222926431_n.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 195
  • 21272285_1531247913631897_8950173506952530503_n.jpg
    21272285_1531247913631897_8950173506952530503_n.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 191
  • 21430119_1531247943631894_1507902916957423309_n.jpg
    21430119_1531247943631894_1507902916957423309_n.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 197
Last edited:

Johnny West

I just got back from a week in Whistler then 4 days in Port Alice. The ferry rides and drives were fun and was so happy to be back on the North Island, just wish I could have stayed a bit longer. The food was all good, too. My bud fixed moose two nights and a baked king salmon another. We fly fished for chum salmon for three days and I never caught a fish although I had several on - they were powerful fish and and lost them. I never did see a live bear but did see a cub some poachers got and witnessed an arrest being made. I saw elk, deer, eagles, blue herons, and lots of seals. I don't know I'll get back to PA - my bud is thinking of selling his boat and moving to the mainland. His wife is not well and she is his fishing partner.

Of course the food in Whistler was good - I ordered a rib eye at Araxi that came almost well done. I sent it back and they brought me second and took it off the bill. I felt bad but did not complain. I finally got to eat at Sidecut at the Four Seasons and it was excellent - too bad my wife hates steakhouses. I doubt we'll go back.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Wow, you did that in 3 weeks!!!! Awesome. Looks nice and warm. Just in time for the cold season. Great job!!!!!

Saliha

As I have the autumn vacation at this week and a lot of time, I have knitted woolly hats. Now three done and I think it might be enough for one winter.

S50b3Be.jpg

lV7qBrt.jpg

The latest:

T1Nzokb.jpg

Johnny West

This afternoon we're heading to Yakima for the night, then an early start tomorrow morning for Utah to visit Matt. We'll try to do some sight seeing in Utah this time.

I've not been cooking anything special except for pot roast and fixings the other day. It's been boring.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
sahila, luv those knit caps, & me, i'm waiting 4 my pal to visit & we may well fret due to his looking to buy me furniture--

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I was at Sam's Club shortly after they opened this morning just wanting to get some necessary stuff. Little did I know they were having a 1 day only sale. The electronics dept was packed, and tvs were flying out the door. Some people were buying 3 or 4 tvs :w00t2:.

I got my necessaries but got sucked into buying a king set of sheets. They're regularly $80 but were on sale for $55 and included 4 pillowcases, which was a boon for me since I normally have to buy an extra set of pillowcases.

Saliha

I finished my the latest poncho. The autumn poncho with fall colors:

rbiOvl2.jpg

With little trees:

CLiwhNT.jpg

After that poncho I have continued with the same style: wool sweater

w9IpIc7.jpg

then hat (pic posted before)

mittens

sEApKw6.jpg

leg warmers

IFDvZ1z.jpg

long scarf

q9EGbGL.jpg

and now socks

YEq1dCI.jpg

Now I just wait enough cold day to make all my friends green with envy.

:encore:

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I got a new Christmas tree. This tree is da bomb. It's the easy set up thing where you just put the poles together and that's what connects the lights. It has an on/off foot switch, a storage bag, and another switch to turn the lights to:
solid white, blinking white, solid color, blinking color, switch from white to color, and whatever else :huh:. All for $120...love it.

The inside branches are the old style. The tips are PE and look like real stuff.

Cutesy train set from my late s-i-l.

I've also got a flooring project in the works. I ordered a box of engr hardwood from home depot. I was supposed to get it yesterday. So...I go online and see that it's out for delivery. Well, it sure was out for delivery, except that it was out for delivery in Cody, Wyoming. I checked today, and sure enough somebody got it, left on their front porch :mrgreen:.

I was told that the labels got switched. If that's really the truth, then I should be getting a little surprise pkg delivered to me. I think that was just a CYA move.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Beautiful and amazing talent, Saliha!

Nice score on the state-of-the-art tree, Cooksie!

Lee

Saliha

I am knitting new sweater:

mQIwN0e.jpg

Colors so far:

q4FoZEi.jpg

Plus later I´ll add also this:

eZOBE6S.jpg

Extra colors for the grey and white winter days.