Gold Site Supporter
may yins have a great new year!~

dinner this evening is.......
pork
kraut, too

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Pork roast with roasted veggies, corn, cole slaw, homemade bread and salad. Not sure about dessert yet.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Breaded pork tenderloin, potatoes, black-eyed peas, mustard greens and cornbread.

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
We're going to two parties today - one from 1-4, and one from 4-?. There will be lots of good food at each, but I'm not sure exactly what we're going to eat. Whatever, it will be good.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Pork (haven't decided how I want to make it yet).
Going to try a recipe for fried potatoes, onions and cabbage as a side dish.

I was going to do Colcannon, now it's going to be more like Bubble and Squeak. :)

Hoppin' John
oh and gravy will be made as well lol

Last edited:

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
Pork (haven't decided how I want to make it yet).
Going to try a recipe for fried potatoes, onions and cabbage as a side dish.

I was going to do Colcannon, now it's going to be more like Bubble and Squeak. :)

oh and gravy will be made as well lol

well your a days drive from me so i guess dinner is out tonight..i could go for a BIG helping of bubble and squeak

GotGarlic

I can't decide. I have b/s chicken breasts for possible chicken parmigiana, a pork roast for possible San Francisco chops, and I think some bone-in chicken thighs or legs for braised chicken with rice and gravy.

lifesaver91958

Queen of the Jungle
Gold Site Supporter
We're going to two parties today - one from 1-4, and one from 4-?. There will be lots of good food at each, but I'm not sure exactly what we're going to eat. Whatever, it will be good.

DH and I used to go to parties at the Eagles and the VFW and since I had a stroke and lung disease in 2005 we haven't been able to go because I can't be around ciggarette smoke. We really miss all the fun. :sad:

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I have my baby backs on the smoker. It's a whole different ballgame smoking ribs when it's 90 degrees outside vs 50 degrees :shock:.

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
I have my baby backs on the smoker. It's a whole different ballgame smoking ribs when it's 90 degrees outside vs 50 degrees :shock:.

and a little windy here as well...thats why i didnt fire up the bbq and am making chili instead

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
BLT sandwiches and Progresso soup! Oh yeah...paddy cocktails, too!

It was slamming, positively slammin' at Red Gravy today! Too pooped to cook!

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
BLT sandwiches and Progresso soup! Oh yeah...paddy cocktails, too!

It was slamming, positively slammin' at Red Gravy today! Too pooped to cook!

That's awesome VB! Must have been all of that good luck, prosperity and wealth food you served! :w00t2:

Breaded pork tenderloin, scalloped gratin potatoes, black-eyed peas, mustard greens and cornbread.

Attachments

• dinner010111.jpg
    dinner010111.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 126

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
Looks wonderful, Mama!! I was just so happy that I didn't screw up the peas, never having done them before.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Thanks Vera! They're pretty forgiving...heck, I use dry beans and don't even soak mine before cooking. I just throw them in the crock pot with some ham hocks, onion, pepper, cumin and a little cayenne and 4 cups of chicken broth per pound of peas. From reading your post in the other thread about good luck foods, it sounds like you took a southern dish, gave it a bit of a creole twist and made it your own..that was a wonderful idea...you may just be onto something!

Last edited:

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Everyones food looks and sounds fantastic!! YUMMY

I wanna dig into those greens and beans Mama!!

We had cold cuts, salads, dips, salsa and chips.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Me and DW will be staying one more night with the kids & grandbaby. We had a late start today (baby girl stayed up til 4 this morning:wub::bonk:) with me cooking breakfast 4 times. What a circus. I went shopping and came back to make Pasta E Fagioli, baguettes, honey whole wheat bread and pork roast dinner. It all turned out great with the whole wheat getting sliced and bagged around 10 tonight.

P1030086.jpg

P1030085.jpg

P1030084.jpg

Too tired to process the wheat bread pic. Everything's cleaned up, so I think it's time for the cook to have a cocktail.

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
We cooked a turkey today and had some along with mashed potatoes and stuffing. Later in the evening we enjoyed some homemade turkey soup.

lilylove

Another pot luck.... roast beef with gravy, salads, quiches, cheese platter, meat platter, breads and I made some roasted veggies.

Desserts.... coconut cake, carrot cake, cookies, chocolate cake and a box of chocolates.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Nice dinner pics and everyone's dinner posts sound lovely.
No pics from here.
I was too busy serving and eating to think about snapping shots :tongue:
Got some leftovers.. maybe lunch pics will make their way on here tomorrow.

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
Everyones' meals look and sound SO good - Mama, I can hardly stand it, and I'm not even hungry. You take such good pictures, and the food just looks so appetizing. Joe - nice job under pressure and with little sleep. I know your daughter is SO grateful - I remember what it was like to be home with a newborn, and her grandparents were all thousands of miles away (first kiddo was born in England).

We ate lots of delicious food at two different parties and got home around 7, so full we could hardly walk. Then, about 10, we decided we needed some popcorn. So, I guess that was our dinner. Yum. We love it.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Great dinners, Mama and Joe!

and a little windy here as well...thats why i didnt fire up the bbq and am making chili instead

Yep, I learned a little lesson yesterday about the role of wind and temps!

FooD

I didn't have much to eat last night but had a pork's foot for lunch to relieve my hangover.

Attachments

• P1050611.jpg
    P1050611.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 59

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
Oh George, you and I are just on different pages with this pork's foot...but my husband LOVES them. Hope you are feeling better.

FooD

Thanks Karen, seems like the only time I have menudo is when I'm feeling a bit hung over. But I always like the foot included in the menudo....lol...

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
Menudo is the remedy of choice for hangovers here, as you probably know. On Sunday mornings, there are places every few blocks selling fragrant menudo out of their front doors. They do a brisk business!

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
YUMMY Joe and Cooksie!!

Not sure about the piggy foot. Mom and I used to eat pickled piggy feet not sure I would still like it or not. Feel better.