Favorite Restaurant

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I know they change over time, but at this point in time what is your favorite restaurant of all time?

What is your favorite chain restaurant?

What is your favorite local restaurant?

joec

Gold Site Supporter
I know they change over time, but at this point in time what is your favorite restaurant of all time?
Funny thing is I don't remember the name of the place or the chef's name. We ate dinner there when we went to a kitchen knife get together in Pennsylvania a few years ago. It was excellent from the salad to the desert.

Now I don't do restaurants often but have found the Texas Roadhouse to be very good.

Now local I have two that are very good. One is called the Catch which does cajun style cooking mostly. It also serves fresh seafood. The other is Abuelo's which serves Mexican Food but also serves one of the best prime ribs I ever eaten. We took Buzz there when he came through a few years ago.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Thanks Joe!!!! :tiphat:

My favorite of all time: Japanese Steakhouse (downtown Columbus OH). The only Japanese Steakhouse with 'sakura' sauce (that I know of). Their feast for two is to die for. Mmmm Mmmm Good.

Favorite chain: Honorable mention to Texas Roadhouse, Logan's, Ruby Tuesday's and Cheddar's ....but my favorite chain (some will think I'm crazy) is Skyline Chili. It's simple but very good. I love the stuff. A 3 way and garlic bread and I'm happy. Their hot sauce really makes it. Put it under the cheese and wow. Without the hot sauce it is rather bland.

Favorite local restaurant: The Blennerhassett (in our local hotel by the same name). It is pricey but excellent.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
What type of restaurant is La Scarola? Edit to add: I googled it and found out. It's Italian What is your favorite dish there?

I forgot about Morton's and never even considered them as a chain, but I know, they are. Mmmm they are exquisite. I've only eaten there a few times (always in Chicago) and every time has been memorable. Excellent choice. :thumb:

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
a guy @ 1 bar used to wanna dine @ morton's. i'd decline, as he would be in business gear, while i would be in Chef gear, & figured that was not, by far, appropriate attire unless i was making other ppls' dinners in their kitchen as an employee.

waybomb

What type of restaurant is La Scarola? Edit to add: I googled it and found out. It's Italian What is your favorite dish there?

I forgot about Morton's and never even considered them as a chain, but I know, they are. Mmmm they are exquisite. I've only eaten there a few times (always in Chicago) and every time has been memorable. Excellent choice. :thumb:

Veal Marsala.
Everything served there is made there. pasta by hand. Nothing canned.
Of course, finish it with Tiramisu.
And a bottle of Rufino Vintners Reserve Chianta.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMM Several > Cracker Barrel & IHOP ( for breakfast food), Chili's (for dessert)

Steve's Sizzling Steak & Lido (for Dinner)

waybomb

Local (Chicago, 1.5 hrs away) = La Scarola
Chain would be Morton's

And when Dancing clubs were popular, I had a vip pass to Arnie's (Arnie Morton's club near Division and Clark if I remember right), a club Disco. Yup, even had a white suit.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
chain restaurant- ruth'schris.

Agreed!

The Boston Ruth's Chris is my favorite restaurant, and I don't care if it's a chain.

It's a Gatsby-like experience!

Lee

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
Agreed!

The Boston Ruth's Chris is my favorite restaurant, and I don't care if it's a chain.

It's a Gatsby-like experience!

Lee

i would not have known they were a chain if i was was not let in on that in advance~

joec

Gold Site Supporter
HMMMMMMMMMMMMMM Several > Cracker Barrel & IHOP ( for breakfast food), Chili's (for dessert)

Steve's Sizzling Steak & Lido (for Dinner)

Probably the best steak I've had was in an Argentinian steak house chain in Florida. Los Ranchoes I think was the name but it has been over 10 years now as they don't have them in Kentucky. They served a flank steak cooked to perfection with great side dishes and topping for the steaks for about $10.

I eat mostly at Cracker Barrel, Bob Evans or Frisch's Big Boy for breakfasts with Frisch's for lunch or Olive Garden. Just love the Olive Garden soup and salad for lunch. Asian Restaurants are not very good here from what I've tried though I ate in a few in South Florida.

Shermie

Site Supporter
I particuarly don't care too much for many of the chain resturants because I feel that the food in most of these places aren't always up to par.

That is, it is either overly salted, cooked too much, not cooked enough, too cold or rather a bit too much on the spicy side. And usually, the service isn't much better either.

Where they are producing mass amounts of meals for the customers at a fast pace, it seems that they are not as attentive as I feel they should be.

One example of that is Outback Steakhouse & Olive Garden. They used to be good back in the early to mid '90s, but now, their food and their service is crap!!

My 2 most favorite steahouse resturants would have to be Longhorn in Marlburough & Annie's Paramont Steakhouse in Washington, DC. Their service is very exeptional and their food is very phenominal!! Pleasent comfy atmosphere and very friendly service with a smile!!

My favorite local eatery would have to be Franco's in Waltham, Ma. Very good food, service and exeptionally cold draft beer!

I also like Emma's in Bridgewater! Great bar pizza, friendly service and cold beer there as well!!! :eating2:

Johnny West

Favorite of all time would be a tie between Water Street in Edgartown, MA and Araxi in Whistler, B.C. Both have great food, and wine list. Best wine list would be Barefoot Bistro in Whistler. My son used to be sous chef at Water Street when it was called Coach House. It's in the Harbour View Hotel as seen in Jaws.

Favorite chain was The Keg but they closed down all the stores in WA so have to go to B.C. and there are better places to eat up there. Right now Bob's Burger and Brew would be favorite but I've quit eating most of what they offer.

Favorite local place would be Pacific Grill and only because it's reasonably good food and good ambiance. Bar service is excellent. El Gaucho's is excellent but pricey. I only go for very special occasions.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
my Mom took me to nine on nine & my guy took me to elbow room-- both great places-- me & blake went to a few, too.

Attachments

• food8114.jpg
    food8114.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 23
  • us12.jpg
    us12.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 22
  • meMom.jpg
    meMom.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 22
  • thanxMom.jpg
    thanxMom.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 22
  • flowerystaeakanat.jpg
    flowerystaeakanat.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 22

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
----

Attachments

• flowerystaeakanat.jpg
    flowerystaeakanat.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 21
  • lifesabluryep.jpg
    lifesabluryep.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 21
  • escargotnom.jpg
    escargotnom.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 21
  • nomburger1.jpg
    nomburger1.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 21
  • salad1.jpg
    salad1.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 21
  • elbowroompicblake.jpg
    elbowroompicblake.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 21

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
a lack of food pix have made me kinda miss 'em!

Last edited:

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
bump!

I missed this one.

Chain would be Bob Evans.

Local (as local goes) would be Old City Prime.
Out of this world food, and very pricey, but oh so worth it.

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
I missed it as well!

luvs - "while i would be in Chef gear" - OH now there's a missed opportunity. I'd luved to be around to see the reaction of "oh crxp, cut out the bs...."
we gotta go do this....

been to - I think all... - of the big name national chains mentioned.
frankly methinks they need to tone down their hype because reality-as-I-experienced - does not match up....

good food, simple. not every meal is a once-in-a-century celebration.
all the independently own "chain names" are so painfully subject to variation....

given my druthers, Bob Evans would be my first choice. but Cracker Barrel isn't too bad if you pick wisely.