Outage . . .

Jim_S

Resident Curmudgeon
Gold Site Supporter
Doc has had troubles today.

When FF came back this evening Big Dog posted:

Got a message from Doc .............. long story short, hardware issue fixed, isp change and possible DNS inconsistency. Some will recover faster than others, sorry for the FF withdrawls!

Jim

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Yes, we are limping along. Hardware issues are not yet resolved. All sites are not yet back up. Still need to replace some hardware but we are not sure as to the root of this issue. Believe me, we are trying.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Another outage today. Hardware replaced. Moved to another server. Not sure if this can be our permanent home, all depends on performance. Will be tweaking and tuning but hope it will only be short outages when I'm testing configurations.
What a rough rough monday. Bla

Embryodad

been having no response from the server on the site for several days.
I was surprised to get a connect today.
Oh well... it happens.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Sorry E_dad. We went to a temporary IP address last Friday due to hardware issues. We were up but kept a lot of folks out because their computers were looking for us at the old IP. Then Monday we had to change to another IP. So it has been a roller coaster. We knew the Friday one was temporary. An emergency fix. So now we are up and running okay. Hopefully no more issues, at least for awhile.

Embryodad

Sorry E_dad. We went to a temporary IP address last Friday due to hardware issues. We were up but kept a lot of folks out because their computers were looking for us at the old IP. Then Monday we had to change to another IP. So it has been a roller coaster. We knew the Friday one was temporary. An emergency fix. So now we are up and running okay. Hopefully no more issues, at least for awhile.
Thanks doc for the good news! ....

I was thinking my computers had "Googleitus Disease!"

Cooksie

Site Supporter
:clap::clap: Good work, Doc!

Jimmy, you can check Forums Forums (unless something has gone bad there too) and Jim Slagle usually puts up a notice if NCT is having problems. Then you don't have to sit around wondering if it's Googleitus...whatevertheheck that is :yum:

Embryodad

:clap::clap: Good work, Doc!

Jimmy, you can check Forums Forums (unless something has gone bad there too) and Jim Slagle usually puts up a notice if NCT is having problems. Then you don't have to sit around wondering if it's Googleitus...whatevertheheck that is :yum:
Yeah! Thanks cooksie... hahahah Googleitus happened when it kept saying Google cannot connect with N C T try refreshing your browser.
hahahahaha....