Rose water ...

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I recently saw this at my food market. Has anyone used it? Do you have a recipe you like? I know it's middle eastern and used in desserts. And that's all I know. I saw a recipe awhile back calling for it but had know clue where to get it and apparently didn't save the recipe. (I thought it was a recipe for baklava but a search found none)

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
Make sure it is naturally flavored rose water and not chemicals. I bought some orange water once for a recipe not knowing that and it was just nasty. Looked at it and it was chemicals. Next time I was in a Persian market, looked to see what they had and they had natural flavors of both, so I got them. The Orange water was so much better when naturally flavored.

I'll look in my Persian cookbook and my Middle Eastern book later for some dishes. I think both authors have blogs or web sites.

I've made several recipes from My Moroccan Food and we have enjoyed them. If link to a search for "rose" doesn't work, just find her search box which is usually down toward bottom and type in rose. There are several recipes.

Last edited:

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
There are several recipes on line by Chef Ottolenghi, sweet and savory. We have 1 of his cookbooks and have liked the dishes we've made out of it.

As well Sabrina Ghayour has some recipes. We have her cookbook Feasts and have enjoyed several recipes out of it. There is a pomegranate, rose water jellies (dessert) that uses pom juice and arils in them I'll type up if you want it. It is pretty simple, uses unflavored gelatin.

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
PBS series WLRN, Julie Taboulie just came on here and it's about rose water recipes, season 1, episode 6. She also has a web site.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
There are several recipes on line by Chef Ottolenghi, sweet and savory. We have 1 of his cookbooks and have liked the dishes we've made out of it.

As well Sabrina Ghayour has some recipes. We have her cookbook Feasts and have enjoyed several recipes out of it. There is a pomegranate, rose water jellies (dessert) that uses pom juice and arils in them I'll type up if you want it. It is pretty simple, uses unflavored gelatin.

Thank Karen. I would love the recipe.