Radishes and Bok Choy, sauteed

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
This recipe was in Taste of Home magazine, submitted by Ann Yarber of Goldsby, OK. I've slightly adapted it, since I can't get to the link online.

It was very good, but, though the lemon-pepper gave it a nice heat, I was a little put off by the citrus. Next time, I will use some kind of Asian hot sauce, like sriacha (sp)., for heat.

QBro served this with two kinds of store-bought shumai (crab and beef) which he cooked in a frying pan, a la potstickers, instead of steaming, to give them nicely browned bottoms. And store-bought dumpling sauce for dipping.

A simple meal, but delicious!

Lee

Sauteed Radishes and Bok Choy

2 small heads of bok choy
2 T butter
1T olive oil
A dozen or so radishes
1 shallot
1 teas lemon-pepper (or Asian hot sauce)
salt to taste

Cut off the ends of the ends of the bok choy and toss. Separate the leaves and wash thoroughly. Cut the green part of the leaves away from the stalks. Slice the greens, and slice the stalks, keeping them separate.

Thinly slice the radishes and the shallot.

Heat the butter and oil in a skillet, and cook the sliced bok choy stalks until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Add the radishes, shallot, the green leafy slices, and the seasonings, cooking another few minutes, until hot.

Attachments

• Radishes and bok choy with shumai.JPG
    Radishes and bok choy with shumai.JPG
    119.6 KB · Views: 122
Last edited:

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I have yet to try cooked radishes, but I'm going to. All of that looks really good. I'm a dumpling/potsticker fiend.