Bacon salt

joec

Gold Site Supporter
I have a bottle of each of their flavors and they are all taste like the name on them says. The neat thing is none of them actually use bacon so they are vegan and kosher. I actually use two of them now when I make deviled eggs, either the natural or pepper bacon. I picked them up at Kroger's a while back to try out.

joec

Gold Site Supporter
They had a 4 pack on their shelves which I bought for myself. I had no idea if it was any good or not but it turned out to be decent really. It really does taste like bacon and is a good substitute for those that won't eat meat or pork for example. It is a bit pricey if I remember correctly but my wife knows if I put it into the shopping basket not to argue with me, and that has taken me 43 years to teach her too. :wink:

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
Bacon salt sounded so good that I decided to get some. I went to the web site and determined that the only retailer who carried it in my area was Winn/Dixie. I had to go as high as the store manager to determine that they didn't carry it so it must be a regional thing. 32 miles round trip. Crap!

Last night I went online and ordered a combo pack with three varieties of salt and a bottle of bacannaise for $17.99 plus $10 shipping. That's pretty expensive for salt shakers but I have to try the stuff. It shipped out this AM and I have a lot of foods waiting to be tested. ;)

Buzz

joec

Gold Site Supporter
And without the guilt as there is no bacon in it at all except it sure tastes like there is.

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
i am going to have to figure out how they do it and make some Bam's Bacon Salt... new flavor Canadian Bacon flavored..lol

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Ingredients as listed on the bottle and in order for the Original salt is as follows:

Sea Salt
Garlic
Pafrika
Onion
Corn Syrup
Wheat Flour Blanched
Niacin
Iron
Thiamin
Mononitrate
Riboflavin
Floic-acid
Maltodextrin
Monosodium Glutamate
Corn cereal
Spices ?
Cotton seed or Soybean oil
Natual Hickory Smoke Flavor
Natual Butter Flavor
Yeast Extract
Yellow Dye #6
Red Dye #40

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
thanks..time to head to the bulk food store and see if i can find some of these ingredients... i think i will leave out the MSG though and some of the other ingredients

Yellow Dye #6 - Sunset Yellow FCF - can be very nasty
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sunset_Yellow_FCF

Ingredients as listed on the bottle and in order for the Original salt is as follows:

Sea Salt
Garlic
Pafrika
Onion
Corn Syrup
Wheat Flour Blanched
Niacin
Iron
Thiamin Mononitrate Vitamin B1
Riboflavin
Floic-acid
Maltodextrin - food starch
Monosodium Glutamate - nasties
Corn cereal
Spices ?
Cotton seed or Soybean oil
Natual Hickory Smoke Flavor
Natual Butter Flavor
Yeast Extract - just like MSG
Yellow Dye #6 - Sunset Yellow FCF - can be very nasty
Red Dye #40 - Allura Red AC - is derived from coal tar

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Keep in mind then it might not taste like bacon if you leave out the coal tar, that might be the magic taste in it. :whistling::chef:

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
:yum: you never know..lol

serious question though about the taste of it, is it the smoke flavor you are tasting or is it actually bacon?

i have been using different flavors of smoked salt for years and always thought they tasted like bacon.

smoked salt for sale anybody want to buy some?..lmao

Keep in mind then it might not taste like bacon if you leave out the coal tar, that might be the magic taste in it. :whistling::chef:

joec

Gold Site Supporter
No this really tastes like bacon at least to me it does. Now the original taste like plan maple bacon, while the hickory smoked taste like hickory smoked bacon, and the bacon pepper taste like hot pepper mixed with bacon while the natural taste like straight bacon with nothing added other than normal curring. You can tell the difference between them easily too as all have different distinct tastes.

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
My mail order package arrive a few days ago and I am loving baconsalt. I've been trying it out on nearly everything I've been cooking lately. For lunch I often sauté or boil a plate of veggies and the baconsalt is a nice change from the usual herbs and spices. :thumb:

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
Baconsalt goes with just about anything. Today's lunch:

Fresh chopped tomatoes
No fat cottage cheese
Pepper
Hickory flavored baconsalt

Delicious. My new favorite quick lunch.

Attachments

• 100_1300.jpg
    100_1300.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 226

joec

Gold Site Supporter
My mail order package arrive a few days ago and I am loving baconsalt. I've been trying it out on nearly everything I've been cooking lately. For lunch I often sauté or boil a plate of veggies and the baconsalt is a nice change from the usual herbs and spices. :thumb:

I told you this stuff is pretty good. :)

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Some people are allergic to it other than that nothing really. It is a standard preservative used in things like canned soups etc.

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
Buzz, with the cottage cheese on top, I would be tempted to put it under the broiler for a moment.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter

Sea Salt
Garlic
Pafrika
Onion
Corn Syrup
Wheat Flour Blanched
Niacin
Iron
Thiamin
Mononitrate
Riboflavin
Floic-acid