What's cooking NCT Sunday 5/7/2017 - Saturday 5/13/2017?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I'm cleaning out freezer so it will be corned beef tonight.

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
We went out for breakfast to a place that makes absolutely delicious pancakes, even plain ones. On the weekends, they run specials of flavored pancakes. This weekend it was oreo. I figured plain pancakes with crumbled up oreos, not so much!

qks_dCJdphCMD6F08AxvQpJJqc7AjHPgF_dnYV9dbYwpX92IB

The pancakes tasted like really good hot chocolate, with a creamy, gooey oreo flavored filling.

Embryodad

I made a batch of city chicken today. It was DIL's birthday last week, but they were away. We celebrated today! We had mashed potatoes and gravy, and beans and broccoli for veggies.
Strawberry short cake and cupcakes for dessert.

Johnny West

We went to the baby shower and there were no tamales but lots of other good food. The carn asada was excellent and had a tomitillo sauce that I'll remember tomorrow. I couldn't get enough. They had two Mexican cakes that were to die for. One was white with a lemon filling and the other a decadent chocolate. Cristobal's mom mad a lot of there food. Why is it Mexican and Italian cakes are so much better than the trad American cake?

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
For dinner, we had carpaccio (tenderloin) over a bed of argula with shaved parm and a tart of sweet onions with an herbed crust.

CMtgxF7B7zevDCgHJ0kA59i2EZsDJm992FnqnGhd8lgpX92IB

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Sunday was a Ham Steak with Garlic-Mashed under sauerkraut, Chopped Collard Greens, and a dab of Horseradish...

With a Rough-Chopped Tomato & Cuke Salad, dressed with a Sweet Vidalia Vinaigrette.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Dinner tonight will be Smoked baby back ribs, baked beans, corn in the cob and cabbage 2 ways (cole slaw with mayo and cole slaw with salad dressing).

Embryodad

supper was burgers braised with onions carrots, and celery....then brown gravy added, and simmered with broccoli and string beans the last 1/2 hour.

Dogboa

Dug some shredded Cuban pork roast out of the freezer. Made Cuban style black beans for two meals, some pickled red onions and pico de gallo. I enhanced the pork with a fresh squeezed sour orange juice, thin sliced garlic and onion mojo, with some freshly toasted and ground cumin. Cooked the pork, mojo and cumin in a skillet until the liquid just evaporated. Used 1/2 the cooked black bean to make refried beans (yes, I used leaf lard). Pan toasted small flour tortillas to make soft tacos. Sour cream and extra cheese if we wanted.
hungry.gif

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I'll be making Taste of Home's creamy scrambled eggs with ham.
Maybe a fruit salad to go with.

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
left-over flat iron on a crusty Itallian tonight, with local asparagus!! yahoo! it's amazing how much better the local fresh stuff tastes vs 'Product of Chile'

DW does not care for pink yum-yums - so I plunk her slices in the gravy for 2-3 minutes to cook a bit more.....

Attachments

• DSC_5227.jpg
    DSC_5227.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 125
  • DSC_5229.jpg
    DSC_5229.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 129
  • DSC_5230.jpg
    DSC_5230.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 125
  • DSC_5233.jpg
    DSC_5233.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 128

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
For Tuesday night's dinner, we had cheddar cheese, bacon, beer soup from Le Cellier in EPCOT with homemade soft pretzel breadsticks.

ueYliPzgt1Z5GE9cnfJrRcyg-Vz9wBuSAVnpM1xLx70pX92IB

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Last Night .....

Shrimp Boil - White Shrimp, Baby Reds, Brussels Sprouts, Corn on the Cob...

Salad on the Side...

Right before the taters went in, a judge on "Chopped" mentioned that he was always putting produce in the bottom drawers of his fridge and forgetting about them..... That reminded me that I had some huge Sprouts down there, so I trimmed them up and threw them in about five minutes after the reds..
It worked ! The sprouts really grabbed onto the flavor of the spices, so I'm adjusting my recipe to include 'em in the future

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Wednesday's Repast ;

Tex-Mex Mac 'n Cheese.....
Chorizo, Sweet Peppers, Onions, Diced Ro-Tels, Elbows, and a Four-Cheese Blend; Shredded Monterey Jack, White Cheddar, Queso Quesadilla and Asadero.

I'm fixing to marinate these bad boys for dinner tonight...

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Pizza (Mama Mary thin and crispy crust), topped with sauce, olive oil, fresh - garlic, onion, sliced mushrooms, mozzarella, fresh grated Romano and Parmesan cheeses along with dry oregano and frozen basil.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Sass, the Taste of Home scrambled eggs looks great! A keeper!

Lucky, love the idea of the chourico Tex-Mex thing. I have a chourico and may make that this weekend.

Chowder, you sure make flank steak leftovers look luscious!

Medtran, did you just go to Epcot for dinner?

Lee

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Yesterday was rigatoni in marinara sauce, lasagne and fettucine alfredo, that was catered in for us as part of National Nurses Week.

Today I just packed snacky type things ;mini Ritz with cheese, peach yogurt, a pear and a small bottle of original V8 juice.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Turns out we should have prepared only one of the NY Strips....... Neither one of us could finish ours..........

NY Strip, Marinated in Balsamic Vinegar, Soy Sauce, Honey, Minced Garlic, Dry Mustard, etc.
Candied Carrots and a Baked Potato. Salad, of course !

Hoping to get to our local Bistro for Dinner..... "film at Eleven!"

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I'm going to make some sesame noodles with pork and either cabbage or snow peas.

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
Friday night's dinner was an arugula salad with grilled chicken, roasted red bell, avocado, pickled red onions, and bleu cheese, with a balsamic vinaigrette. It was really good, good enough to make just for itself.