Bought new Pressure Cooker!

Shermie

Site Supporter
Last week, I just bought a new pressure cooker!

it is made buy Fagor. It is very unusual because of its new feature that allows you to just turn a large knob atop the unit's lid. Turn it to the left to lock the lid, turn it to the right to unlock it after the pressure has been released

And of course, it is made from gleaming shiny stainless steel. I've already used it twice, & I like it a lot!! :readytoeat:

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 203
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 200
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 201
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 205

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
Had you looked at the Magic Pot?

Peeps seems to be having great success with it.

Just curious.

This one looks great as well.

Shermie

Site Supporter
Thanks!

Is it posted here anywhere?

I more than likely won't get it because I already have THIS (BELOW). Combined with the pressure cooker, they can do all the things that an electric pressure cooker can do.

Attachments

• Presto Big Kitchen Kettle_.jpg
    Presto Big Kitchen Kettle_.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 193
Last edited:

Shermie

Site Supporter
My only pet peeve with using any cookware made of stainless steel is that starchy foods tend to leave a white film inside the vessel, so I use THIS after washing it.

Gets rid of all of the white film!! :clap:

Attachments

• Wright's Copper Cream..jpg
    Wright's Copper Cream..jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 186

Leni

I ran into a lady that really liked her new pressure cooker, Instant Pot. Do any of you have one? If so what do you think about it? Is this something that I should buy?

Shermie

Site Supporter
I ran into a lady that really liked her new pressure cooker, Instant Pot. Do any of you have one? If so what do you think about it? Is this something that I should buy?

I had one similar to it, but I don't now. I just have the Presto Big Kettle & a pressure cooker now. :cooking:

Attachments

• Instant Pot..png
    Instant Pot..png
    57.5 KB · Views: 194

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
Leni PM Peeps - she has one.

She has posted several meals made with it.

I looked at it, seems nice.

Shermie

Site Supporter
I just can't wait to pressure cook a pot roast in mine!! I will post pics of it as I go along. :piesmiley1::eating2:

coktalkator

Thinking to get the Instant Pot IP-Smart https://goo.gl/TjohHT Apparently, hi-tec pressure cooker - I love gadgets :dizzy: It has a lot of features, and options to cook lots of things, even make yogurt, and seems that even sterilizing (?) . Price seems to be fair, and good customer reviews :thumb:

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
I have the Fagor Splendid pressure cooker. Being "old school," I learned how to use a pressure cooker from my mother, and can more quickly turn around a meal with a standard pressure cooker than with the new electric pots that take longer to come to temperature, and longer to cool down before you can open them. I can make chicken soup from frozen chicken in just over an hour, because I can put my cooker in the sink and do a rapid cool down with cold water to open the lid and put in the next ingredients. To the best of my knowledge, you can't do that with the electric models.

I love how you can take an inexpensive cut of meat and make it tender under pressure. I made beef stew from a chuck roast, and the cubed beef kept its shape until eaten, when it just fell apart in your mouth. DW really like how quickly we can get together a meal with the pressure cooker.

You're going to have fun with that baby, Sherm.

Shermie

Site Supporter
I have the Fagor Splendid pressure cooker. Being "old school," I learned how to use a pressure cooker from my mother, and can more quickly turn around a meal with a standard pressure cooker than with the new electric pots that take longer to come to temperature, and longer to cool down before you can open them. I can make chicken soup from frozen chicken in just over an hour, because I can put my cooker in the sink and do a rapid cool down with cold water to open the lid and put in the next ingredients. To the best of my knowledge, you can't do that with the electric models.

I love how you can take an inexpensive cut of meat and make it tender under pressure. I made beef stew from a chuck roast, and the cubed beef kept its shape until eaten, when it just fell apart in your mouth. DW really like how quickly we can get together a meal with the pressure cooker.

You're going to have fun with that baby, Sherm.

Thanks!!

I, also, am old school!

Like yourself, I also have learned a lot from using our mom's Presto pressure cooker. She would have me take the pressure off the thing in the sink, and have me pressure cook some foods in it.

But todays units are more simple & modified. They now come with little safety allow you to remove the pressure from the unit without having to put the unit in the sink under the faucet, unless you still want to. Silicone gaskets now replace the old outdated rubber ones. Silicone is much more reliable and lasts far longer than rubber!

I've already pressure cooked some pinto beans & Turkey wing in it. I love it!! :WitchBrewsSmiley::weber:

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
One thing to remember with your silicone gasket, is to give it a light coating of cooking oil after washing it. Fagor says this extends the life of the silicone gasket. I just give mine a quick shot of cooking spray and feed it through my fingers to coat it all over.

Shermie

Site Supporter
Thanks! Also, there is a little red indicator that pops up through a hole in the cover to let you know that the pressure is built up & activating. :piesmiley1::bbq:

Last edited:

Shermie

Site Supporter
There is also a quick-release to let you release the steam and pressure quickly, eliminating the hassle & bother of putting the cooker in the sink and running cold water on it.

Or you can let the pressure valve stay closed & let the pressure drop of it's own accord, to allow for a little extra cooking time. :wink:

Shermie

Site Supporter
Had you looked at the Magic Pot?

Peeps seems to be having great success with it.

Just curious.

This one looks great as well.

My sis-in-law just got this last week!:wow::hotdog:

Attachments

• Instant Pot..jpg
    Instant Pot..jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 131

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I was cruising through the free kindle books on Amazon a few days ago and ran across a free Instant Pot Cookbook. I don't know if it's still available though.