The day Niagara Falls ran dry: Newly-discovered photos

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
The day Niagara Falls ran dry: Newly-discovered photos show the moment the iconic waterfall came to a standstill

Last updated at 8:32 AM on 16th December 2010

It's taken 41 years, but a previously unseen set of photos of the mighty Niagara Falls reduced to nothing more than a barren cliff-top have finally surfaced.
The stark images reveal North America's iconic - and most powerful - waterfall to be almost as dry as a desert.
In June 1969, U.S. engineers diverted the flow of the Niagara River away from the American side of the falls for several months.

Click link below to read article and view all the AWESOME pictures and a video!!

Attachments

• dry falls.jpg
    dry falls.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 86

UncleRalph

Quo Fata Ferunt
Site Supporter
you inspired me to share, I forgot we had such a great off topic chit chat room! Just posted up a thread of some pics released.

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
I know exactly where I was and what I was doing every month of 1969. How could I possibly have missed this event, or is part of my long term memory going the way of my short term....????

FooD

It's amazing that there aren't many photographs of this event. Not even in the print news archives.....surely they would have documented it and photos available for decades.